5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic case - I can't recommend highly enough!
Having been using this case for about a week now, I really am impressed with it! It's by far the best case I've found for any iPhone, not just the iPhone 5, and the price is spot-on.

Published on 19 Nov. 2012 by M. O'Reilly

3.0 out of 5 stars Case Review
Great Buy, provides great protection for the phone and allows the two tone finish at the back of the phone to be presented, however buyers should note that the clear plastic at the back of the case scratches very easily.
Published on 9 Nov. 2012 by Josh

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic case - I can't recommend highly enough!, 19 Nov. 2012
M. O'Reilly (Coventry, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics Clear Cover Case Black Rim with Screen Protector for iPhone 5 (Wireless Phone Accessory)

It fits wonderfully snugly, there are no gaps and no room for movement of the phone at all once enclosed, a problem many cases, in my experience, suffer from. It also feels very secure; I have no worries that the phone is going to accidentally pop out in a bag or in my pocket.

Access to ports is very good. The speakers are unobstructed, the lightning connection has plenty of room, as does the headphone socket, which happily takes even quite large profile jack surrounds. Sleep/power button and volume controls are covered, as with many cases, but they fit perfectly. There is no difficulty pressing the buttons, none of the `getting it in just the right place' that I've found with other cases. Contrary to another review, I don't think they bulge out either, certainly no more than the buttons on the device do anyway. The profile of the case is also very slim, it barely adds any extra size, or for that matter weight, to the phone itself. It's still much lighter than my iPhone 4 was without its case. The fact that it's so slim also means it still fits comfortably in my windscreen mount.

Then there's the design itself - it looks really good. Perhaps I'm a bit of a poser, but I like that the back is transparent and you can see exactly how the phone looks underneath. One of the really nice things about iPhones is their look, so I like to see it, and with this case, I can. The plastic material on the back feels sturdy and not brittle, so I'm not worried about it cracking and there is also no indication that there may be issues with the more-rubbery sides separating from the transparent back: it all feels very well constructed and as though it will last a long time. These sides give it a nice, tactile grip too and it feels safe in my hands or on surfaces.

There are just two (very) minor downsides that I can see. First, as others have commented, the back does seem to mark and scratch quite easily. But I don't care, my phone is safe and mark-free, which was the whole point of buying a case. Yes, there are materials that won't scratch so easily, but for me it's barely even a consideration. Secondly, as another reviewer mentioned, the piece of rubber along the bottom edge of the phone (by the home button and lightning socket) does have a bit of play and movement as there are no joins on the bottom to the back side of the case from the end of one speaker to the other. Again, this hasn't caused me any concerns either.

I never bother with screen protectors as they never stick properly, end up with bubbles and they start peeling off after a few days, no matter how carefully I try to apply them, so I can't comment on that aspect of the product. Besides, after 2 years of having an iPhone in my pocket (sometimes alongside keys when I put them in the wrong pocket!) I haven't managed to scratch the glass yet, so I find the screen protectors somewhat unnecessary anyway.

In summary, to me this seems to be a near-enough perfect case. It is well-priced, of high quality, does exactly what it sets out to do and retains the good looks of the phone. I can't recommend this highly enough! I just wish they made one for the 4S so I could order my wife one...

3.0 out of 5 stars Case Review, 9 Nov. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Drawer Product, 20 Oct. 2012
This product fits the iphone 5 well and is slim and well designed. I use skins on my iphone and with it's clear back it's perfect for what I need.

Well priced product and a good case I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 18 Oct. 2012
Smart, slim and a great price.

If like me you want to protect your precious new phone without ruining the aesthetic, this is ideal.
Especially on the black version which is like a scratch magnet! This protects the back. I may be tempted to go for the black back as the clear gets dust and crumbs in after time.

At this price, a no brainer

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly., 12 Oct. 2012
Its a great case and fits the iPhone 5 perfectly but I noticed a few small scratches on the back part when I first opened it. Other than that definitely worth buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for the price, 19 Feb. 2015
This case doesn't seem all that protective but it seems to stop scratches that you get on a daily basis. It would probably withstand a few drops but I haven't dropped my phone with this on yet, so I can't say for definite. After quite a bit of age over several months it still looks good, with some scratches showing, but from a distance they aren't very noticeable. Compared to something similar like the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, this seems less protective but largely similar at a fraction of the price.

I recommend this case if you don't want to spend much on a case. It looks excellent and shows off the design of your iPhone whilst adding a bit of basic protection from scratches and minor bumps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 20 Oct. 2012
Bought this case for my white iphone 5 to replace a griffin reveal. This case is very good quality for the price, and looks good on the white phone. Keeps the thinness of the phone and offers excellent protection. The only 2 "issues" I have with it are:

- The case isn't moulded around the volume buttons, so the buttons seem to press the case outwards around this area
- The area underneath the home button, around the front of the speakers and dock connector is a bit flimsy and moves easily. Some other cases have some material that connects the front to the back, running between the speakers and the dock to keep this more rigid.

Apart from those small niggles, it's superb, and for the price it certainly warrants 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thin, smooth and good feel., 15 Oct. 2014
Have just put this on my phone recently. Very easy to get on, keeps the phone relatively slim-line still. smooth surfaces - which make me worried it will drop because my old case was rubber. I've not dropped on concrete so don't know how it would bounce - is fine on carpet. Nice cut out on back for camera and flash. I got this at reduce price in amazon deals - definitely better quality than 99p online auction sites.

5.0 out of 5 stars low profile and takes the knocks, 25 Jun. 2014
M. Estdale (UK) - See all my reviews
I've had mine for a year and it's saved my phone time and time again. This was the 5th case I tried and although the cheapes has proved the best.
Pros:
* Protects the phone well - soft black surround not brittle plastic so doesn't break, chip or mark when dropped.
* It's low profile so not a chunky addition that makes it a pain to get in/out of pockets
* It looks good on the phone and the black shows no signs of wear even after abuse
Cons:
* Screen protector is difficult to get on without bubbling or lifting the corners when getting the case on. I gave up trying and threw the screen protector away but the case itself is slightly raised at the front and has certainly given mine enough protection from frequent tumbles.
* the back clear plastic is the only thing that shows the wear. Mine looks scratched up and tatty but that's after a year of hard use £2.99 to replace is a no brainer though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Scratches easily but durable, 21 April 2014
Mr. S. Sheth - See all my reviews
The case came with a few scratches however over the course of a couple of days general use the back panel became very scratched. The scratches are not very noticeable and very small shallow hairline scratches.

The edge is protected with a much more cushioned plastic which is good to absorb the impact of blows. The side plastic also curls around the phone slightly raising the screen off the surface by about a millimeter which will prevent scatching the screens surface if left upside down.

The general fit is snug and secure. Recommended for something cheap, good protect, minimal bulk. Although don't expect shiny surfaces.