5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic case - I can't recommend highly enough!
Having been using this case for about a week now, I really am impressed with it! It's by far the best case I've found for any iPhone, not just the iPhone 5, and the price is spot-on.

Published on 19 Nov. 2012 by M. O'Reilly

3.0 out of 5 stars Case Review
Great Buy, provides great protection for the phone and allows the two tone finish at the back of the phone to be presented, however buyers should note that the clear plastic at the back of the case scratches very easily.
Published on 9 Nov. 2012 by Josh

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic case - I can't recommend highly enough!, 19 Nov. 2012
M. O'Reilly (Coventry, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics Clear Cover Case Black Rim with Screen Protector for iPhone 5 (Wireless Phone Accessory)

It fits wonderfully snugly, there are no gaps and no room for movement of the phone at all once enclosed, a problem many cases, in my experience, suffer from. It also feels very secure; I have no worries that the phone is going to accidentally pop out in a bag or in my pocket.

Access to ports is very good. The speakers are unobstructed, the lightning connection has plenty of room, as does the headphone socket, which happily takes even quite large profile jack surrounds. Sleep/power button and volume controls are covered, as with many cases, but they fit perfectly. There is no difficulty pressing the buttons, none of the `getting it in just the right place' that I've found with other cases. Contrary to another review, I don't think they bulge out either, certainly no more than the buttons on the device do anyway. The profile of the case is also very slim, it barely adds any extra size, or for that matter weight, to the phone itself. It's still much lighter than my iPhone 4 was without its case. The fact that it's so slim also means it still fits comfortably in my windscreen mount.

Then there's the design itself - it looks really good. Perhaps I'm a bit of a poser, but I like that the back is transparent and you can see exactly how the phone looks underneath. One of the really nice things about iPhones is their look, so I like to see it, and with this case, I can. The plastic material on the back feels sturdy and not brittle, so I'm not worried about it cracking and there is also no indication that there may be issues with the more-rubbery sides separating from the transparent back: it all feels very well constructed and as though it will last a long time. These sides give it a nice, tactile grip too and it feels safe in my hands or on surfaces.

There are just two (very) minor downsides that I can see. First, as others have commented, the back does seem to mark and scratch quite easily. But I don't care, my phone is safe and mark-free, which was the whole point of buying a case. Yes, there are materials that won't scratch so easily, but for me it's barely even a consideration. Secondly, as another reviewer mentioned, the piece of rubber along the bottom edge of the phone (by the home button and lightning socket) does have a bit of play and movement as there are no joins on the bottom to the back side of the case from the end of one speaker to the other. Again, this hasn't caused me any concerns either.

I never bother with screen protectors as they never stick properly, end up with bubbles and they start peeling off after a few days, no matter how carefully I try to apply them, so I can't comment on that aspect of the product. Besides, after 2 years of having an iPhone in my pocket (sometimes alongside keys when I put them in the wrong pocket!) I haven't managed to scratch the glass yet, so I find the screen protectors somewhat unnecessary anyway.

In summary, to me this seems to be a near-enough perfect case. It is well-priced, of high quality, does exactly what it sets out to do and retains the good looks of the phone. I can't recommend this highly enough! I just wish they made one for the 4S so I could order my wife one...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 18 Oct. 2012
Smart, slim and a great price.

If like me you want to protect your precious new phone without ruining the aesthetic, this is ideal.
Especially on the black version which is like a scratch magnet! This protects the back. I may be tempted to go for the black back as the clear gets dust and crumbs in after time.

At this price, a no brainer

5.0 out of 5 stars low profile and takes the knocks, 25 Jun. 2014
M. Estdale (UK) - See all my reviews
I've had mine for a year and it's saved my phone time and time again. This was the 5th case I tried and although the cheapes has proved the best.
Pros:
* Protects the phone well - soft black surround not brittle plastic so doesn't break, chip or mark when dropped.
* It's low profile so not a chunky addition that makes it a pain to get in/out of pockets
* It looks good on the phone and the black shows no signs of wear even after abuse
Cons:
* Screen protector is difficult to get on without bubbling or lifting the corners when getting the case on. I gave up trying and threw the screen protector away but the case itself is slightly raised at the front and has certainly given mine enough protection from frequent tumbles.
* the back clear plastic is the only thing that shows the wear. Mine looks scratched up and tatty but that's after a year of hard use £2.99 to replace is a no brainer though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 25 Oct. 2012
Mr. L. Lai - See all my reviews
To be honest, seeing other covers in shops sell similar ones for £10-15 (excluding screen protector)

Didn't want to be ripped off so tried the amazon basic cover.
Its a good case with a thin plastic band that goes roudn and slighlty over the edge of the iphone onto the screen.
Also has a space for the camera at the back.

Benefit of this is that it doesn't leave an opening for the aluminium to be scratched, my iphone 5 scratches too easily, especially where the aluminium is on the edges so wanted one that would cover it and keep it from being scratched.

Added benefit off having a screen protector too (tip from me is to use a post it note to pick up any dust off the screen before applying the protector). the microfibre clothes are good for giving a general clean but there is always one or too dust specs which ruin the protector.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 26 Oct. 2012
Case: Although you do get what you pay for this case is better than a lot of cases I've tried for my previous iPhone. The design is reminiscent of the official Apple iPhone 4 bumper case, but with the added improvement of a clear back plate.

All buttons, ports & switches aren't obscured by the casing (again unlike most cases I've tried in the past). Plus it doesn't turn your new phone into a bit of a brick.

The only downside to the back being clear is that no matter how much you clean it there's visible dust and pocket bits. Probably wouldn't show up on a white phone, but would recommend buying the alternative case with the black back.

Screen Protector: Laughable. Only half of it was sticky, but I might have just been unlucky. Would recommend buying another pack of screen protectors from a different brand.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great temporary case, 21 Oct. 2012
Bought this as a segue case until the 'main' manufacturers of phone accessories catch up. Bought this as it's from Amazon, it has a cloth (much needed!) and it looks pretty discreet.

Actually having had this case for a couple of days and it's been pretty good. The screen protector went in the bin after a few attempts of applying and finding random specks of dust, creating air bubbles that I couldn't get rid of. And there's this weird weak bit beneath the home button that keeps moving - it's slightly annoying.

But looking at the product overall, and with such a low price, it's great. I feel confident that my iPhone is protected without feeling the need to be overly cautious when holding it (as I did when I first got the phone - it's so light!).

3.0 out of 5 stars Case Review, 9 Nov. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for the price, 19 Feb. 2015
This case doesn't seem all that protective but it seems to stop scratches that you get on a daily basis. It would probably withstand a few drops but I haven't dropped my phone with this on yet, so I can't say for definite. After quite a bit of age over several months it still looks good, with some scratches showing, but from a distance they aren't very noticeable. Compared to something similar like the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, this seems less protective but largely similar at a fraction of the price.

I recommend this case if you don't want to spend much on a case. It looks excellent and shows off the design of your iPhone whilst adding a bit of basic protection from scratches and minor bumps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Drawer Product, 20 Oct. 2012
This product fits the iphone 5 well and is slim and well designed. I use skins on my iphone and with it's clear back it's perfect for what I need.

Well priced product and a good case I highly recommend it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Scratches easily but durable, 21 April 2014
Mr. S. Sheth - See all my reviews
The case came with a few scratches however over the course of a couple of days general use the back panel became very scratched. The scratches are not very noticeable and very small shallow hairline scratches.

The edge is protected with a much more cushioned plastic which is good to absorb the impact of blows. The side plastic also curls around the phone slightly raising the screen off the surface by about a millimeter which will prevent scatching the screens surface if left upside down.

The general fit is snug and secure. Recommended for something cheap, good protect, minimal bulk. Although don't expect shiny surfaces.