• Arc

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 January 2014
Bought this on the strength of the Kemo Sabe single, which is just awesome. The rest of the album is good, certainly miles better than their first effort which was just trying to be clever without succeeding. Hints of Radiohead when they still wrote tunes. Goes on a bit too long.
on 22 April 2013
I was late buying their first effort ( £3 at HMV) but was prepared for this issue at release thanks to the excellent Math Rock of Cough, Cough and the sublime hook of Kemosabe. The album just gets better with listen after listen. One of a clutch of great releases along with Bastille Bad Blood and Foals 3rd release
on 22 February 2013
I had heard the tune 'Cough Coungh' once or twice before Christmas and could not get the CD as was not released until January, this was worth the wait - they are clearly a band that enjoys playing, writing performing their Art, unlike the man made tripe that is thrown together on reality TV shows as a money making exercise. Love this band
on 7 December 2013
"Kemosabe" is excellent. They played live on Later and that was their best rendition. The other tracks don't have the same long-lasting impact, but they grow on you, and the band cannot be accused of being timid.
on 26 April 2013
Loved this album - heard them on Dermot Saturday radio 2 show and thought they sounded good and wasn't disappointed - some great tracks - big drum beats and that voice! I especially like Cough,cough, the first track, Duet, the 4th track and Radiant, but the whole album has something to offer, it's a unique sound with a bit of Coldplay in there somewhere only better - enjoy!
on 26 May 2013
The best new album I have bought this year. The rhythms and drums beats are great. The vocals jarred a bit to start with, but I soon found they added to the sound. Keep recommending it to my friends. Haven't listened to much else since I bought it.
on 22 February 2013
A brilliant album. I didn't think it was going to be possible to top the 1st one. All the influences are still there but the sound is maturing so to me they still end up sounding like nothing you have quite heard before. This 1st album only came out of the car when the second one was released. I never tire of listening to this band and I find something new in the songs each time I listen to them. Endlessly creative and full of real intelligence and craft. I cannot wait to hear more!

This band are fantastic live as well. Recent Cambridge Junction gig was simply amazing! Do not let this band pass you by!
on 25 January 2013
I thought they would find it hard to top the last album 'Man Alive', I'm now wondering if this could be their Magnum Opus. From minute one of listening I had my jaw open. I haven't been able to stop since I bought it is week.

It's melodically perfect, and instrumentally ethereal. The percussion and bass are outstanding.

The bass on 'Cough Cough', sounds so good as does the percussion, they make it an epic powerhouse of a song.

I adore 'Torso of the Week' and above all the harmonies on 'Justice', remind me of the harmonies on The Police's B-Side 'Friends'.

They are immensely talented and unique and they have excelled themselves, it's aurally spectacular.

Highly recommended.
on 12 August 2013
I heard Everything Everything on Jools Holland and straight away thought they were great. This music is just up my street. There is so much in it that every time I listen to any of their albums you hear more and more. Good value eh!
on 3 February 2013
Everything Everything are one of the most inventive UK guitar bands of the last 5 years. Their curious vocals and enthusiastic mash-up of genre has earned them some much-deserving acclaim, and now falsetto frontman Jonathan Higgs and crew have re-emerged with a new seriousness.

Their 2010 debut Man Alive retained a sense of humour, ranging from the rocky "Suffragette Suffragette", the astonishing Super Furry Animals-style "Photoshop Handsome", witty jazzy "MY KZ, UR BF", and groovy "Schoolin'". One only need compare the witty early promo videos with the uncomfortable imagery of oil consumption and rioting in the recent lead single promo "Cough Cough".

Now at their artistic crossroads, the band are still quirky but cleaner, more angular and less jazzy. They seem more progressive but are equally in danger of becoming the next Coldplay or Muse.

Arc is inventive, eccentric and sometimes just plain weird pop, with references encompassing Yazoo, Jan Hammer, and Kate Bush to Yes, Genesis, Radiohead and a smattering of folk. "Cough Cough" kicks off this unusual LP, closely followed by latest single "Kemosabe", citing the character Tonto from The Lone Ranger. "Choice Mountain" starts with some muted strums before releasing into a pretty floaty chorus. Other stand-out tracks are the stomping "Feet For Hands", the stuttering "Armourland" (with a chorus reminiscent of "Drive" by The Cars), and anthemic "Radiant", perhaps the most mature of the album.

The curious collection belies the excellent live band beneath the electronica production. However, Everything Everything's efforts display one of the healthier facits of the British music scene.