on 21 February 2013
If you intend to do any interfacing to the GPIO pins on your Pi, then this is the most useful accessory you can buy (apart from a breadboard!).

All the pins of the Pi's connector are brought out to the header which plugs straight into a breadboard.
All the parts appear well made and the pins are all labelled on top of the connector, so it's easy to see which way you've plugged it into the board.

It's a very easy soldering project, and even if you've done no soldering before, it shouldn't present you with any problems.

If you want to play with your Pi, you NEED one of these!
on 22 October 2012
This makes a great little first project for learning to solder. It took me about twenty minute to work it all out, build and test.

I am sure that the finished product will be very useful for protecting the pins of my GPIO connector, but not sure how much breadboarding I will be doing now that I can solder :)
on 24 February 2013
My main reason for buying this is my inability to solder. It's smaller than it looks in the photos ( or if you're familiar with breadboards and pin spacings it's exactly the size you think it is - I thought it would be bigger )
I got a capable friend to solder mine for me, took him less than 20mins - now I love it.
on 9 August 2013
This is a nice break-out board.... it comes ready soldered and the soldering and labeling of the pins is very tidy compared to some of the others I have seen in the past. It comes with the ribbon cable too, which was a bonus. Little bit pricey, but I think if I had to buy one again, I would go for the same thing!
on 28 March 2013
I may have been unlucky, but bought two of these and both had missing pins from the connector block (black part in the diagram).

Resulted to using bread board wires just plugged into the cable which works well.

there were no instructions or guidance which I would have assumed would have been necessary as you need to solder the parts in the correct order otherwise you can't reach as the board is compact and space tight.

Nice idea though!
on 18 August 2015
The Raspberry Pi is small enough, cheap enough, and open enough to let even the most sausage-fingered of us have fun with simple electronic interface projects (such as building a circuit and software to blink my favourite poem on an LED in Morse Code). But keeping track of the GPIO pins as they dive into the breadboard can be a headache if you are as shortsighted as I am.
The Pi cobbler solves ALL the issues of interfacing the Pi to a breadboard - so I can get on with the fun stuff.
I'm so pleased my cobbler arrived with all the soldering already done, and even more pleased that I have a T-Cobbler (which makes it much easier to see what you're doing with the wires).
I'd write even more - I really love this piece of kit - but I'm having too much fun pushing jumper wires into breadboard sockets at the moment.
on 13 February 2014
Want to get your Pi involved in the Internet of Things? This handy gadget will allow you to plug your GPIO pins directly into a breadboard to allow you to get cracking on those exciting hardware projects. The item itself is sturdy, well-labeled and does exactly what it's intended to do.

Note that this kit doesn't come with any documentation, and to be fair it's easy enough to set up but check out the docs online at Adafruit just to make sure you know everything's the right way around.
on 26 October 2013
After spending hours splitting wires on old floppy drive cables to connect my Pi to the breadboard I decided it was time to invest in something quicker and easier. The Cobbler is probably the biggest time saver you'll get when it comes to prototyping your electronic projects. The board, cable and connectors are all of good quality and the GPIO pin numbers are printed on the board saving a lot of head scratching.
I can't recommend this product enough, nice one Adafruit !!
on 29 December 2012
It was well designed and easy to put together. Is an easy way to connect to a breadboard from a Raspberry Pi
on 12 February 2014
The item description says "Soldered Version - from phenoptix". Mine came in separate parts I had to solder myself. Not too much of a pain but an extra half hour of my time I didn't expect to have to spend!

Still, apart from that it's good quality and does what it's supposed to do, so I can't complain really.