5.0 out of 5 stars The Betrayal
Published on 5 Nov 2009

3.0 out of 5 stars a gift
a gift so I haven't read it, person was well pleased with it, I like the way it was packed and came on time.
Published on 3 May 2011 by strawberry lady

5.0 out of 5 stars The Betrayal, 5 Nov 2009
A Kid's Review
Having hugely enjoyed the first two books in this trilogy, I couldn't wait for `The Betrayal' to come out. When I finally had a copy of the book I couldn't put it down! It gripped me on every page and the twists and turns were thrilling. The author has described the scenery and sights of Tudor London as if you were looking at it with your own eyes. For those readers who love a mix of adventure, history and romance this is perfect. `The Betrayal' taught me a lot about sixteenth century England and Queen Elizabeth I. This is definitely one of my favourite books of all time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 11 Mar 2010
Set in the reign of Queen Elizabeth I, this story takes place in the household of John Dee, magician to the Queen. Once again, money is short and the household is disorganised, giving Lucy, the nursemaid, plenty of opportunity to have a few adventures of her own.
I've read all three books in this series, and enjoyed them all. They're easy to read, exciting and Betrayal is a very nice conclusion. If you enjoy a historical story with adventure and a touch of romance, these will be just right. And I absolutely love the covers of By Royal Command and Betrayal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Betrayal (At the House of the Magician) (Kindle Edition)
This book was a really good read and I couldn't put it down just like all other Mary hoopers book. linked on to the first one but it wasn't the same. I thoroughly enjoyed both of the books. I would defiantly recommend to any historical fiction lovers it was also at a very good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Aug 2013
It was just brilliant! I love reading Hooper's books, and this was no exception! She has the ability to write in such a way that I have never seen before, creating a book that you cannot not enjoy!

3.0 out of 5 stars a gift, 3 May 2011