on 24 October 2013
My old win 7 rig got a second life thanks to it. I am already using SSD in my customized laptop (works really well) and decided that my desktop needs a boost. Booting time was reduced massively, overall performance improved, loading times in games (Witcher 2, Risen) hugely improved. Highly recommended - this is my 3rd purchase of SSD drive and 2nd from SanDisk.
on 14 March 2013
This is the second one I have purchased. I was in the market for an SSD and came across a review for this model in PC Pro Mag, They recommended it so I purchased it on that basis.
To say I wasn't disappointed was an understatement, my first went in a HP 8460p Core I5, it reduced the boot time to under 7 seconds, with a clean image on it's original internal hard disk it would normally take approx 1 minute, and I thought that was fast!!.
If you want an instant speed boost for a flagging pc, this will be the best upgrade you will ever make, I can't recommend a SSD highly enough, and this one in particular.
I cannot think of any other component on your PC that users can upgrade that could have such a devastating effect on performance that this.
Get one, and it will be the best upgrade you will ever make.
on 4 August 2013
I bought one of these for my 11-inch Acer laptop. It was fantastic for 2 months or so: very fast, both booting, loading programs and files. Was very pleased. Then one morning, the laptop couldn't see any bootable device. Testing it with my PC confirmed that it had simply died. Amazon provided excellent service and refunded it promptly. I decided to order another - thinking that I was unlucky - as they are excellent value for money. 6 weeks later, it wouldn't boot. This time the drive was still able to be recognised by the laptop, but nothing could be read off it. It is now on it's way back, and a Kingston drive is in its place.

I have used a Corsair, an OCZ and several Samsung SSD's, and none have failed. I realise that I may be extrememly unlucky, but am not willing to risk it again with this model!
on 25 June 2014
Like some of the other posters I had no luck with these SSD's.

They seem to work fine until you update the firmware (which has important fixes)

Then they read 53.6gb capacity instead of 128gb and will not be seen by OS anymore.

Returned both and got refunded (Great service from Amazon on both!)

Bought Crucial 256gb mx100 instead since the prices have come down so much.
on 4 April 2013
I purchased this after reading the review on PC Format. Swapped out my old mechanical drive and installed this with a fresh install of Windows 8 Pro. I dont know much about the ins and out of SSd's but i will tell you, from a noobs perspective, this is noticeably faster. WEI score of 8.1. Would definitely recommend.

As a footnote, I returned the one bought from Amazon as i found it cheaper on Dabs by about 20 quid. Even at Amazon prices, its still a bargain for a quality product.
on 31 October 2014
After reading how these can improve your laptop speed I put this in a 3 year old laptop. The old hard disk was larger. As it does not come with software I transferred the data from the old hard disk via Macrium reflect free cloning software. Since the old disk did have less programs and data on it than the new size SSD the cloning went okay. It even cloned the original backup/reinstall partition which came with the computer and was at the beginning of the disk. Never done this before but it was intuitive enough for me to follow and everything went okay. I have a smaller disk (but don't need this space on my laptop) but the computer is now really quick. This has saved me buying a new one for now as it was really only the speed that was bugging me. It's just I now have a disk lying around but I think overall it was worth it.
on 6 July 2016
Bought to use as a system drive for my PC which had started showing its age by slowing down. I was surprised at the sudden speed boost it game my windows. Definitely recommend anyone interested and sitting on the wall, to take the leap and upgrade to SSD.
on 30 June 2013
very compact and very quick...the boot time for windows 7 is about half the time compared to a modern 7200rpm hdd, with the shutdown literally in a few seconds. bought for my son, who plays internet games and he is impressed!
on 24 March 2016
works perfect, as described - installed on my laptop to replace ordinary HDD that came with laptop, installed windows 7 - booting time now under 30 sec. with all startup applications loaded fully, before upgrade it could take 2-4 minutes
VINE VOICEon 26 December 2014
I out this in my elderly netbook and it really made a difference. It's so quiet, I've been used to the gentle whir and clicking of a HDD for years now it's almost like I've forgotten to turn something on. It does make an appreciable difference to speed and laptop temperature too. Installation was easy: it's very much like fitting a normal HDD, and Windows and Ubuntu work well with it.

I will be buying more of these when it's time to upgrade my other laptops!