5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny
My old win 7 rig got a second life thanks to it. I am already using SSD in my customized laptop (works really well) and decided that my desktop needs a boost. Booting time was reduced massively, overall performance improved, loading times in games (Witcher 2, Risen) hugely improved. Highly recommended - this is my 3rd purchase of SSD drive and 2nd from SanDisk.
Published 14 months ago by Gonzo

1.0 out of 5 stars Fail x 2
Like some of the other posters I had no luck with these SSD's.

They seem to work fine until you update the firmware (which has important fixes)

Then they read 53.6gb capacity instead of 128gb and will not be seen by OS anymore.

Returned both and got refunded (Great service from Amazon on both!)

Bought Crucial 256gb mx100 instead...
Published 6 months ago by FerociousDiablo

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars FAST as....., 2 Aug 2013
Amazing!! Turned my 6 year old computer in to a monster...well imo!! I can boot up and get into my windows log in screen within 30 seconds. I predominantly have installed my OS and then Photoshop and Lightroom. With the SSD installed, the software seems to work instantly rather than having to wait 10-20 seconds before each photo editing action! Amazing and for the value it simply revives a old dying PC!

5.0 out of 5 stars very quick..., 30 Jun 2013
This review is from: SanDisk Ultra Plus 128 GB SATA III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD 530 MB/s for Notebooks (SDSSDHP-128G-G25) (Personal Computers)
very compact and very quick...the boot time for windows 7 is about half the time compared to a modern 7200rpm hdd, with the shutdown literally in a few seconds. bought for my son, who plays internet games and he is impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing SSD for the price., 1 Aug 2014
Never knew I would love something like this so much, I got the 128gb model and the read's are around 500mb/s and writes around 250mb/s, absolutely superb for the price I payed (£45) One mistake I made when I installed windows on it initially was not change SATA to AHCI from IDE in the BIOS, so I had to reinstall again, also keep in mind that having a SATA Rev 3 board is recommended.

If I was me, I would go for the larger size to get better write speeds, but again the read is the most important.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, quiet, cool and does what is intended, 26 Dec 2014
G. Wake "gregwake" (Newcastle, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I out this in my elderly netbook and it really made a difference. It's so quiet, I've been used to the gentle whir and clicking of a HDD for years now it's almost like I've forgotten to turn something on. It does make an appreciable difference to speed and laptop temperature too. Installation was easy: it's very much like fitting a normal HDD, and Windows and Ubuntu work well with it.

I will be buying more of these when it's time to upgrade my other laptops!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lighting fast., 7 Aug 2014
S. Wilshaw - See all my reviews
After owning my laptop for almost 5 years, the HDD decided to pack in. (One of them horrible moments in life, where you realize you should have backed your stuff up) After reading some reviews and looking at specs, i decided to go for this one. Which was also the cheapest option at the time, and i am defiantly glad with the decision i have made. the boot up time and opening of files is lightning fast and i could not be happier, I Highly recommend this. BOOM

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fast. Excellent SSD, 4 April 2013
I purchased this after reading the review on PC Format. Swapped out my old mechanical drive and installed this with a fresh install of Windows 8 Pro. I dont know much about the ins and out of SSd's but i will tell you, from a noobs perspective, this is noticeably faster. WEI score of 8.1. Would definitely recommend.

As a footnote, I returned the one bought from Amazon as i found it cheaper on Dabs by about 20 quid. Even at Amazon prices, its still a bargain for a quality product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 27 July 2014
Great drive but 2 failures mean it just can't be trusted. First time it lasted 3 months and then suddenly failed - no boot, no recognition in BIOS. Second time it lasted 4 months and getting corruptions and random crashes - time to send it back again.

Don't trust this with your boot sector, or with anything else for that matter.

5.0 out of 5 stars best laptop upgrade you can make..., 31 Aug 2014
Bought this for my ageing acer aspire 3050 laptop after also upgrading it's single core sempron cpu to a Turion tl 50 dual core cpu
(a very easy upgrade, took less than an hour to do) after installing windows 8.1 this laptop runs like new and boots in under 20 seconds, an amazing transformation for very little money ,very pleased!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 19 Dec 2014
Used it to replace an old laptop hard drive. I imagined the result would be earth shattering. But it wasn't as good as that. The laptop felt nicer to use than before, and should be lighter, cooler, and less noise now.

Tested the drive on an old sata 2 desktop. Got max 250MB/s sequential read and write out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk SDSS Drive, 20 Jun 2013
marjim (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This drive has transformed my pc start-up time , the cost i thought was a bit pricey but it was worth it , had no problems with my pc at all so far , Jim

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›