5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny
My old win 7 rig got a second life thanks to it. I am already using SSD in my customized laptop (works really well) and decided that my desktop needs a boost. Booting time was reduced massively, overall performance improved, loading times in games (Witcher 2, Risen) hugely improved. Highly recommended - this is my 3rd purchase of SSD drive and 2nd from SanDisk.
Published 19 months ago by Gonzo

1.0 out of 5 stars Fail x 2
Like some of the other posters I had no luck with these SSD's.

They seem to work fine until you update the firmware (which has important fixes)

Then they read 53.6gb capacity instead of 128gb and will not be seen by OS anymore.

Returned both and got refunded (Great service from Amazon on both!)

Bought Crucial 256gb mx100 instead...
Published 11 months ago by FerociousDiablo

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 24 Oct. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk Ultra Plus, 14 Mar. 2013
A. Walker (UK) - See all my reviews
This is the second one I have purchased. I was in the market for an SSD and came across a review for this model in PC Pro Mag, They recommended it so I purchased it on that basis.
To say I wasn't disappointed was an understatement, my first went in a HP 8460p Core I5, it reduced the boot time to under 7 seconds, with a clean image on it's original internal hard disk it would normally take approx 1 minute, and I thought that was fast!!.
If you want an instant speed boost for a flagging pc, this will be the best upgrade you will ever make, I can't recommend a SSD highly enough, and this one in particular.
I cannot think of any other component on your PC that users can upgrade that could have such a devastating effect on performance that this.
Get one, and it will be the best upgrade you will ever make.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fail x 2, 25 Jun. 2014
Like some of the other posters I had no luck with these SSD's.

Returned both and got refunded (Great service from Amazon on both!)

Bought Crucial 256gb mx100 instead since the prices have come down so much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Two disks, two failures, 4 Aug. 2013
This review is from: SanDisk Ultra Plus 64 GB SATA III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD for Notebooks (SDSSDHP-064G-G25) (Personal Computers)
I bought one of these for my 11-inch Acer laptop. It was fantastic for 2 months or so: very fast, both booting, loading programs and files. Was very pleased. Then one morning, the laptop couldn't see any bootable device. Testing it with my PC confirmed that it had simply died. Amazon provided excellent service and refunded it promptly. I decided to order another - thinking that I was unlucky - as they are excellent value for money. 6 weeks later, it wouldn't boot. This time the drive was still able to be recognised by the laptop, but nothing could be read off it. It is now on it's way back, and a Kingston drive is in its place.

I have used a Corsair, an OCZ and several Samsung SSD's, and none have failed. I realise that I may be extrememly unlucky, but am not willing to risk it again with this model!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little SSD, 16 April 2014
Not the most expensive of the SSDs available but well made and easy to install and set up. Great value for money and working really well. Has speeded up my Macbook pro, like have a new computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and (relatively) easy to install. I'm delighted with the SSD., 18 Sept. 2014
I bought this to install the operating system on. It has transformed a 5 year old sluggish computer. It now starts ready to use in less than a minute whereas it used to take at least five. Easy to fit if you are reasonably competent with PC hardware, but it needed a bit of research to install and change BIOS settings etc. However, lots of advice out there so you aren't alone.

It is advisable if you are installing on an existing PC, to have a seperate hard drive to back up your data etc as you will lose it when you format the old system drive. I also decided to purchase a new operating system (Windows 8.1 Pro) as it was easier than messing around trying to reinstall the old one (Vista) on the SSD. As my PC was so old, I also needed an adapter cable for the power supply, but that was only a couple of pounds.

If you are not familiar with hardware, get someone to do it for you who knows what they are doing. Notwithstanding, it works great. Once booted, the software installed on it is almost instant load up.

I now have Windows 8.1, Microsoft Office, Lightroom, etc etc and still have about 30 GB left to mess around with. If you can afford it and are trying to achieve the same aims as I did, it might be worth buying the 256GB version to give yourself a bit more lattitude for future use.

5.0 out of 5 stars A seemingly new laptop - if speed of use is your concern, 31 Oct. 2014
After reading how these can improve your laptop speed I put this in a 3 year old laptop. The old hard disk was larger. As it does not come with software I transferred the data from the old hard disk via Macrium reflect free cloning software. Since the old disk did have less programs and data on it than the new size SSD the cloning went okay. It even cloned the original backup/reinstall partition which came with the computer and was at the beginning of the disk. Never done this before but it was intuitive enough for me to follow and everything went okay. I have a smaller disk (but don't need this space on my laptop) but the computer is now really quick. This has saved me buying a new one for now as it was really only the speed that was bugging me. It's just I now have a disk lying around but I think overall it was worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 28 May 2014
I purchased this SSD for a new desktop PC that I was building. I reviewed performance vs cost and this SSD seemed to come out top. I am very pleased with the performance and fitting/setting up was very easy. Overall I am very pleased with this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disk unresponsive after 2 weeks of normal-light use ., 26 Dec. 2014
Stopped working after only 2 weeks. Computer just would not start. Sent it back after I finally worked out what was coursing the issue. Unbelievable the courier lost it, luckily Amazon still refunded me, once the courier details where shown.

As I previously had a couple of Vertec 2's running in raid for over 2 years, I was very surprised how quickly it broke with much less strain.
I'd put it down to misfortune and it all being a lucky dip when it comes to ssd's.
Still I wouldn't buy one again due to my experience with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars FAST as....., 2 Aug. 2013
Amazing!! Turned my 6 year old computer in to a monster...well imo!! I can boot up and get into my windows log in screen within 30 seconds. I predominantly have installed my OS and then Photoshop and Lightroom. With the SSD installed, the software seems to work instantly rather than having to wait 10-20 seconds before each photo editing action! Amazing and for the value it simply revives a old dying PC!