on 23 May 2013
Whilst losing the start menu may be daunting for some, those in the IT world are often much more open to new technologies and change than others.

I myself was sceptical when first shown this in Windows 8, but after getting used to the operating system, I now find that I no longer need the start menu. It has made me make much more use of the amazing task bar, which has actually made work much quicker because things open in a single click rather than two (I used to pin things to the start menu, now I pin them to the task bar). Pressing the windows key and just being able to search immediately is also really simple for keyboard users.

I can thoroughly recommend this new OS, the new features are also nice. Live migration is incredible, it feels much faster than 2008 R2 as well.
on 8 February 2013
This is simply a license but not to be confused by old oem editions, from now on this is how microsoft sell their software and are constantly leaning away from selling cd's. Take the new exchange for example.. there is no cd option at all, not even to 1k plus organisations.

There are now only 2 editions.. standard and datacenter.. hyper-v (clustering) capabilitys are included in both unlike in 2008 where you would require enterprise edition in some circumstances.

I have always preferred the idea of adding licenses to an account, it makes for easier access and means no individual can physically take your license from your premises.

See one answered question