5.0 out of 5 stars May not be the Holy Grail of sleep masks, but close.
Published 17 months ago by Brian T

3.0 out of 5 stars worlds most effective light and noise reduction package????
Published 9 months ago by Don L

5.0 out of 5 stars May not be the Holy Grail of sleep masks, but close., 14 Nov 2012
This review is from: Revolutionary, Patented SLEEP MASTER (tm) Sleep Mask. Worlds most effective light and noise reduction package. Helps with snoring partners , insomnia , shift work , jet lag for truly restful sleep. Prevents disturbed rest ensures peaceful slumber
I am a very light sleeper who is easily disturbed and had been using earplugs for some time before I thought about using a sleep mask regularly. I'm sure that like others who have this idea I tried many masks only to find there was invariably a drawback. I have found that the shape, construction and means of holding these various masks in place usually leaves something to be desired hence yet another purchase in the hope that 'this will be the one'. I cannot say that the Sleep Master will be the answer for everyone, but I certainly can say it has been a revelation for me, and that this may well be the last type of mask I buy.

The Sleep Master is a different take on things being more of a blindfold than a mask and wraps around the head covering the ears to be secured with Velcro at the back of the head rather than with elastic straps that are seldom in the right place or comfortable. The mask may feel close over the eyes for some but it is fine for me and I don't need to open my eyes when the mask is on to check if there is a chink of light anywhere but am happy that I do not notice any brightness. Also, when properly adjusted, this mask is not prone to unwanted movement or slipping when moving during sleep as with other masks so suits sleeping on the side as well as on the back. Being made in the USA the Sleep Master is of superior quality compared with my other masks and is manufactured in a padded satin material which feels cool during wear and as yet does not bleed colour. I cannot comment on the noise suppressing properties of the mask as I wear earplugs.

I was unable to find many user comments about the Sleep Master on UK web sites. but persevered and found that on Amazon in the States there are many reviews to help with an informed decision. The service could not be faulted with the supplier despatching the product promptly to schedule and well packaged. I am happy to recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely comfortable and Excellent at keeping out light, 31 Jan 2014
I bought this product in the vain hope of finding a sleep mask that actually kept all light out. I was not disappointed at all. For me this did exactly what I wanted, not a single speck of light.
The mask is extermely comfortable and soft, unlike alot of other masks, in any sleeping position and can not feel the velcro strip which sits at the back of the head when lying on my back. I honestly forget I have it on at all.
As to the noise blocking, this mask on it's own doesn't do this, it just muffles noise slightly, but this doesn't bother me at all as I don't have a trouble with noise. For those that are looking for the noise blocking as well I would recommend good quality ear plugs in addition to the mask, which you are supplied 2 pairs of when ordering this mask.

For those of you that are looking for a mask that definitely blocks out light, and i know there is a lot of us out there, this mask definitely achieves this very successfully and I would thoroughly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 28 Jan 2014
This mask is slightly bigger than others but benefits from a really wide "strap" round the back, really a continuation of the mask rather than a thin elastic band that cuts into your head and gets tangled in your hair. Its fastened together by a decent sized Velcro strip that holds. Takes a few days to get used to the size of it but when coupled with ear plugs cuts out all light and a lot of noise. I work night shifts and can sleep perfectly well in the day even with our 9yr old yelling at his console in the bedroom next door.

5.0 out of 5 stars This one works!, 12 April 2013
R.E. Viewer (Scotland, UK.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have tried three or four other eye masks and they all suffer the same problems, namely:

They fall off during the night
They let in light, especially at the nose
They are not comfortable due to thin/tight straps

No more! This large head wrap at first seems like it is twice as big as could be needed but once you put it on you realise that it hugs your head in a nice comfortable way that no other I have tried does. The eye part is huge and blocks light very well. The material is smooth and silky and feels nice.

This does muffle sound a little too although not a lot. It is more comfortable to lie down on too because it wraps around. Stays on better and overall works better than any other I have tried.

Problems? Well it is expensive and can get warm under it when you have it on, which some do not like.

Otherwise highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars worlds most effective light and noise reduction package????, 4 July 2013
Advertised as above, I don't agree, the mask is good and fairly comfortable, as a night worker getting day time sleep can be a challenge, during the summer I often need window open to keep room cooler and ventilated this compromises the blackout curtains and blinds I have installed, the mask solves this problem but does not solve the noise problem caused by outside noise.
The mask has no sound reduction capability, it is merely shipped with 2 pairs of very basis inner ear plugs. these I found to be very poor, however I have used HEAROS EXTREME plugs and these are much better and work well with the mask.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product!, 20 Jan 2014
A. Collins (Limerick, IE) - See all my reviews
I have never worked night shift in my life and after a lot of research I opted to by this sleep mask in order to get good night sleeps from day one of my shift. What can I say, I never slept better in my life! No daylight is bothering me and the earplugs delivered with the mask blocking out every single bit of noise that there might be. Highly recommend this mask for anybody that has to work during the night and sleep during parts of the day! 100 % satisfaction guaranteed thanks to this fantastic product!

5.0 out of 5 stars So comfortable, 18 Feb 2014
D. Andrews - See all my reviews
Heaps better than standard eye masks - no pain with elastic - sits comfortably and the silk feel makes it much less noticeable. Blocks virtually all light even in middle of day. Definitely worth the buy if need to sleep during day or whilst travelling. You definitely need ear plugs to accompany the mask.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great night sleep now, 14 Feb 2014
Bought this for my daughter who has tried many eye masks and ear plugs to aid her sleep, but says this is the best she has tried and doesn't have to sleep in a separate room now!

5.0 out of 5 stars satisfied, 14 Feb 2014
After years of using eye mask from airports THIS is a wonderful soft silky eyemask successfully blocking out light in my bedroom.
Will use it when i go on retreat to comfortably block out surrounding activity!
Best earpluga EVER with a comfortable SOFTNESS And dimples in the ens so easy to pop in and remains in ALL night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and Soft, 3 Feb 2014
The mask is very comfortable to wear, with a soft feel that also does not make me hot and completely blocks out all light.

I have used conventional masks with elastic that either would fall off when I moved around whilst asleep or the elastic would get caught in my hair - which would wake me up

In conjunction with ear plugs it is very suitable for people whose partners snore or for shift workers.

The mask would fit either a man or a woman

Ever since I purchased this mask it has been worn every night and I get a much better night sleep

ARRAY(0xaa294d08)