5.0 out of 5 stars May not be the Holy Grail of sleep masks, but close.
Published 23 months ago by Brian T

3.0 out of 5 stars The best sleep mask I have bought
The best sleep mask I have bought... with regard to blocking out all external light.

Published 1 month ago by A Non

5.0 out of 5 stars May not be the Holy Grail of sleep masks, but close., 14 Nov 2012
This review is from: Revolutionary, Patented SLEEP MASTER (tm) Sleep Mask. Worlds most effective light and noise reduction package. Helps with snoring partners , insomnia , shift work , jet lag for truly restful sleep. Prevents disturbed rest ensures peaceful slumber (Personal Care)
I am a very light sleeper who is easily disturbed and had been using earplugs for some time before I thought about using a sleep mask regularly. I'm sure that like others who have this idea I tried many masks only to find there was invariably a drawback. I have found that the shape, construction and means of holding these various masks in place usually leaves something to be desired hence yet another purchase in the hope that 'this will be the one'. I cannot say that the Sleep Master will be the answer for everyone, but I certainly can say it has been a revelation for me, and that this may well be the last type of mask I buy.

The Sleep Master is a different take on things being more of a blindfold than a mask and wraps around the head covering the ears to be secured with Velcro at the back of the head rather than with elastic straps that are seldom in the right place or comfortable. The mask may feel close over the eyes for some but it is fine for me and I don't need to open my eyes when the mask is on to check if there is a chink of light anywhere but am happy that I do not notice any brightness. Also, when properly adjusted, this mask is not prone to unwanted movement or slipping when moving during sleep as with other masks so suits sleeping on the side as well as on the back. Being made in the USA the Sleep Master is of superior quality compared with my other masks and is manufactured in a padded satin material which feels cool during wear and as yet does not bleed colour. I cannot comment on the noise suppressing properties of the mask as I wear earplugs.

I was unable to find many user comments about the Sleep Master on UK web sites. but persevered and found that on Amazon in the States there are many reviews to help with an informed decision. The service could not be faulted with the supplier despatching the product promptly to schedule and well packaged. I am happy to recommend this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars The best sleep mask I have bought, 3 Sep 2014
A Non (Jersey (UK)) - See all my reviews

There are a couple of problems however, the first being because it is so wide, it is rather like wearing a bandage around your head, which in my case means I get very hot, to the point where on several nights I have woken up to find my head drenched in sweat, not very nice. I'm hoping it will be better as the nights get cooler in the winter (I've only used it in the summer so far).

Secondly, due to my head sweating so much, the blue dye from the mask has transferred onto my pillow case to quite a degree. I'm hoping it will come out.
I am going to try washing the mask and hopefully this will stop any colour transfer in the future, otherwise, I consider the mask to be unusable, as it will ruin all my pillow cases.

5.0 out of 5 stars This one works!, 12 April 2013
R.E. Viewer (Scotland, UK.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have tried three or four other eye masks and they all suffer the same problems, namely:

They fall off during the night
They let in light, especially at the nose
They are not comfortable due to thin/tight straps

No more! This large head wrap at first seems like it is twice as big as could be needed but once you put it on you realise that it hugs your head in a nice comfortable way that no other I have tried does. The eye part is huge and blocks light very well. The material is smooth and silky and feels nice.

This does muffle sound a little too although not a lot. It is more comfortable to lie down on too because it wraps around. Stays on better and overall works better than any other I have tried.

Problems? Well it is expensive and can get warm under it when you have it on, which some do not like.

Otherwise highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars quite uncomfortable, 29 Mar 2014
the mask is quite uncomfortable and gets unbearably hot, would not recommend to others, i bought a cheap alternative at my local supermarket that works fine

3.0 out of 5 stars worlds most effective light and noise reduction package????, 4 July 2013
Advertised as above, I don't agree, the mask is good and fairly comfortable, as a night worker getting day time sleep can be a challenge, during the summer I often need window open to keep room cooler and ventilated this compromises the blackout curtains and blinds I have installed, the mask solves this problem but does not solve the noise problem caused by outside noise.
The mask has no sound reduction capability, it is merely shipped with 2 pairs of very basis inner ear plugs. these I found to be very poor, however I have used HEAROS EXTREME plugs and these are much better and work well with the mask.

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Revolutionary' sleep mask, 13 Sep 2013
JennyFromTheBlock "Jen" (Holmfirth, West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
It is a good sleep mask as it covers the whole eye and nose area even going round and covering the ears, but it doesn't block out noise unless you wear ear plugs(2 pairs are supplied).

It's not in my opinion revolutionary - the material is blue and silky so it does slip about - the velcro that fastens at the back isn't very strong so won't last too long.

A colour choice would have been nice too.

I certainly would not pay £21.99 for another one though. Maybe £8 at the most.

I do like it and it does keep your eyes shut if you're prone to keep opening them if, like me you're simply nosy and can't get to sleep unless you're eyes are glued down.

They really should not be claiming that it is revolutionary though, it really isn't. It's adequate and keeps out the light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product!, 20 Jan 2014
A. Collins (Limerick, IE) - See all my reviews
I have never worked night shift in my life and after a lot of research I opted to by this sleep mask in order to get good night sleeps from day one of my shift. What can I say, I never slept better in my life! No daylight is bothering me and the earplugs delivered with the mask blocking out every single bit of noise that there might be. Highly recommend this mask for anybody that has to work during the night and sleep during parts of the day! 100 % satisfaction guaranteed thanks to this fantastic product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable sleeping mask!, 23 Oct 2013
I have used many sleeping masks through out the years but I have never had such a comfortable one though out all the ones I've tried! This sleeping mask is made with silk which is great for your skin, you can regulate it to any size you'd like, but more importantly fits so comfortably on your face and you don't get any light through. It's seriously fantastic I have recommended it to my whole family ( Who have Sleep problems like me! ) and have bought a second one for my brother. Truly a comfortable soft well fitted sleeping mask. 5 star rating

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job efficiently, 25 Sep 2013
I bought this for my husband, who works odd hours and needs complete darkness to sleep. He has given it a four star because " it takes some getting used to" and for a man, " he feels he looks a bit of a *** in it"!
However, having worn ordinary elasticated eye masks for years, and hating change of any sorts, this is an excellent review from my husband.
Personally, I bought this for him having read about the positive effects of pure silk against the skin and I think his eyes don't look as puffy in the mornings!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Eyemask, 11 Nov 2013
At last an eye mask that actually works. As a night shift worker this is an essential purchase. I wasn't sure how I would manage to sleep wearing it, but turns out it is the best purchase I have made in years.
I get a great days sleep and awake feeling refreshed and ready to go. Something I haven't felt for a long time.
It cuts out ALL LIGHT and muffles sound sufficiently enough to keep me in dreamland.
I would recommend this product very strongly.
Don't waste your money on cheaper versions. They just don't work!