5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth Trying
I have been taking this product for several years for constipation and extremely uncomfortable distension. The cause of this is mainly Imipramine, a tricyclic anti depressant which has anti cholinergic side effects which affect gut transit. When BP drugs were also added this exacerbated the problem greatly.

For 10 years my life was misery because of the...
Published 23 days ago by R J Willett

3.0 out of 5 stars It will work, but there's a catch...
Okay, there has been so much hype around whether this does or doesn't work, that I'm going to briefly write down my experience.

Published 7 months ago by Laura M Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars It will work, but there's a catch..., 13 July 2014
This review is from: Aloe Pura Advanced Colon Cleanse Tablets - 90 Tablets (90 for the price of 60) (Personal Care)

I began using these with the raspberry ketone supplement, like many others here, and given the reviews that I had read I was understandably nervous about what might happen to my colon! However, it barely affected me - it just regulated my bowels so I went once a day, usually within an hour of waking, and that was it. Sorted!

Two weeks into taking these tablets, I had a day out at the zoo with my family. The diet went out of the window and I had fish fingers, chips and beans for lunch, ice cream, crisps, and when we got home I was feeling exhausted so we ordered a Chinese quite late and ate that too. I took my tablet as normal and went to bed. At 4am I woke up, sweating and cramping like all my periods had come at once. I staggered to the toilet just in time as my bowels opened and God knows how much poured out of me but it was agony. I went to toilet twice more before I went to work at 7am, and my tummy was tender all day. My friend recently told me she had a similar experience with the same tablets.

So, in my head I guess here's how this must work... If you eat well, these tablets are not going to affect you except to regulate your system, because what they DO is get rid of all your toxins as quickly as possible. If you haven't got many, it won't do a thing to you! However, if you're using these tablets as an alternative to modifying your diet instead of alongside it, then hell yes you're in for a ride, because it will take every useless thing you put in your body and wash it out ASAP.

It's not for me, but I'm sure it will appeal to those who cannot be bothered to modify their bad eating habits and can cope with horrifying toilet trips all hours of the night!

2.0 out of 5 stars not recommended, 3 July 2014
it has no effect on me .

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth Trying, 6 Feb. 2015

For 10 years my life was misery because of the distension. I tried different BP drugs and different anti depressants but had to go back to the original ones. I eliminated certain foodstuffs from my diet and ate lots of fresh fruit and veg, and then cut right back on that

In desperation I spent hundreds of pounds on all manner of digestive aids but nothing (other than Peppermint capsules to some degree) helped like this product. What a difference, just taking 1 or 2 daily with a product of Fibre called Lepicol, and often Peppermint capsules too.

Although I still have discomfort on a daily basis, it is quite tolerable compared to what I am like without Aloe Pura Advanced. This product has improved my total quality of life like nothing else.

I cannot possibly say how it may affect others but I can certainly say that it's well worth trying if you suffer from a lazy bowel

1.0 out of 5 stars ... I will tell you now my colon still felt like s***. They didn't make me feel and lighter ..., 25 Jan. 2015
I took these for about 2 months and I will tell you now my colon still felt like s***. They didn't make me feel and lighter or healthier avoid like the plague. This product is as good as what it is claiming to clean out, S***.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 7 July 2014
Worked just like taking a laxative! Keeping you regular.

4.0 out of 5 stars colon cleanse not laxative., 15 Feb. 2015
I bought theses colon cleanse the first time when on holiday , and they were fantastic. They really helped with the movement of the day. Some people on here are saying " not much good as a laxative " , that's not what they are. They help break down waste products in your colon and help repaire the colon walls and to make things easier to pass. As you get older , things start to get a little harder ( if you get my drift ) , these colon cleanse just help to grease the gears. If you want a flush then buy laxatives not a colon cleanse. Rant over.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, 3 Mar. 2014
A very good price for these tablets. Highly recommend if you're having a few issues.... would def recommend to those.

1.0 out of 5 stars Made Me Feel Unwell, 24 Jun. 2014
I was advised by a friend that these should be taken alongside Raspberry Ketones else I would not be able to go to the toilet properly.

I had absolutely no issue with this and taking the Raspberry Keytones but once I added these into the equation I got stomach ache and things changed for the worse!

These have been binned!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 July 2014
Can be a little bit harsh on a sensitive tummy but full of goodness and soon settle

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure, 3 Aug. 2013
I bought "optima aloe vera gentle action colon cleanse" last time and it worked really well. This time tried this "advanced" product. Not sure I'm completely satisfied with it. I think "gentle action" seemed to work for me. So, not sure if I would want to buy this item ("advanced") again.