5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on for Late 2013 13"
My main worry was that it would not fit the new, yet ever so slightly slimmer, October Haswell chipped 13" MBP. But it fits perfectly! Now to see how it lasts in the long run.
Published 19 months ago by electramazon

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very impressed...
Frustrating. Purchased the product, which arrived quickly (very good)
At first it was okay but within about two weeks of owning it, three of the four clips holding the case on the bottom of the machine broke. It looks good but doesn't work!
Published on 6 April 2013 by Classicmacintosh

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on for Late 2013 13", 14 Dec. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Fit, Expensive, 2 Aug. 2013
Ian (Hertfordshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Laptops have always been supplied by employers, but now that I'm freelance it was time to add to my long-term iMac & iPhone kit and get a MacBook.

I have no reference point for hard shell laptop covers, as this is my first one, but here are my thoughts :

Pros : very snug and precise fit, bottom cover fits better than the top; the clear case keeps the aluminium MBP looking original (but other colours, including matt black, are available); all ports and vents are kept clear.

Cons : upper case does not fit as well, particularly along the edge at the top of the screen. I find that when opening the screen, by lifting at the recess between the screen and the body, the cover detaches slightly and needs to be re-seated. This is annoying.

Overall : good case, but not perfect and in my opinion is over-priced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good protection, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Speck SeeThru Hard Shell Case Cover for 15 inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display - Clear (Personal Computers)
Excellent addition protection for MacBook Retina only downside is that ocasionally dust gets trapped between the casing the the laptop so once a month or so you need to remove the casing and give it a wipe down. That said it does provide a significant amount of protection for your laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 20 Jun. 2013
This is a quality item. Looks great on MacBook, yet still looks like a MacBook. It been on and off a few times and fits perfect. Buy it here as it another £10 in the apple store. There our cheaper version of this but I don't think the quality is there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good protection, 18 July 2013
I like the look of aluminium of the apple but it is a bit cold when on your lap at first, and without a cover of some sort the laptop is not protected. This clear hard plastic case shows the apple well and the apple logo light. It easily snaps onto the bottom and the top of the laptop with cut out for all the ports, but protects the corners and the surfaces of the laptop well from scratches, but as I have not dropped it I cannot say how the laptop would survive, but the cover is well made so would absorb the impact rather than the laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Suprised, 7 May 2014
Had my MacBook for 12 months but only ever used it at home or in the office, when I go out onto a factory floor to program a piece of equipment I took my PC so as not to damage the Mac!! When my trusty PC became slightly less trusty I decided it was time to use the Mac. Thats when I bought this, at first I just thought I'd just put it on when working outside the office but it fits that well and looks great that I leave it on all the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case, 16 Jun. 2014
I have been using this case for about 2 months now. I was skeptical at first about purchasing it, but it has turned out to be fantastic.

Firstly, the pros. I was worried whether it would fit the slightly thinner and lighter Late 2013 model MacBook Pro - but it fits perfectly. I was also worried that it would scratch my MacBook (I have read this sometimes from reviews that dust collects inside) - but I can confirm that from 2 months of use that it hasn't scratched the MacBook at all, and has instead protected it well.

In addition, the case it is incredible sturdy and well built, and the clear shell looks absolutely down right beautiful.

But like most products however, there are a couple of cons.

To prevent the case from scratching your shiny new MacBook, you have to clean the case out inside about every month (this prevents dust build up, which in time acts like sandpaper to scratch the aluminium). This would be okay if it wasn't so difficult to take the case off. When taking the case off, it honestly feels like you are damaging the MacBook and almost snapping the case, which I don't like.

It is, however, not too difficult to put the case on. The friction tabs that keep the laptop in place are also very well built and do their job well, meaning that the case doesn't start to come off when travelling.

Overall, I would say that this is an absolutely excellent case, and it is highly recommended. You only have to take the case off once a month, so it isn't too bad in my opinion and I will accept that since it is protecting my >£1000 MacBook from dents and scratches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this before any other Mac accessory, 15 Oct. 2014
I got this to protect my shiny new Macbook Pro. I'm a sucker for protection (on gadgets), so I purchased one of these bad boys after looking around. It's a Hard shell case in 2 parts that clips onto the unit, and once in place it's fixed solid. I've had this on over a year now and it's only come off once, which is when I wanted to add a decal sticker, so in short, once it's on, it's on.

I've several friends who've all knocked their units and now have nice dents. Honestly, 2 people have said 'I wish I had one of them', as the aluminium body of the Macbook's are not super sturdy and are prone to dents/chips.

PROS
Perfect fit, all slots/usb/headphone outputs are cut into the design so there are absolutely no issues with this.
Once it's on it doesn't come off
Solid Plastic. I've banged my laptop several times and not one dent.
No issues with over heating.
Clear case so the apple logo is still visible/decals can be applied
17GBP - Seriously, to protect a 1000GBP laptop. As the Americans would say, no brainer.
No real increase in size, it's mm's thinck so it will still fit's in sleeve cases.

Cons
Not an issue for me, some may find the SPECK logo (the word SPECK embossed) on the corner a bit off.
Will pick up scratches which may be visible after time. (Mine's a year old and not really noticeable to me). Better on the case though!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very impressed..., 6 April 2013
Frustrating. Purchased the product, which arrived quickly (very good)
I will be contacting the company to see if I just got a bad unit, but surely it should survive being taken off three blinking times.
Be careful out there! I bought this thinking if I spend a bit of money and get a decent case I'll be pleased with it but it still broke!

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile investment for an expensive laptop, 12 May 2015
Lucy Isabella "LUCY" (Lake Tahoe, California) - See all my reviews
I've had the case currently on my Macbook Pro for more than two years now and it is just beginning to show signs of needing to be replaced - I travel frequently between home and university, flying back and forth between the two as well as a lot of travelling in general, and this case has kept my laptop really well protected. While the lid of the case has a lot of scratches on it, the largest of which was my fault, this doesn't bother me so much as the dark pink colour doesn't make them completely obvious, and my MBP is completely unscathed. While I've seen a lot of reviews saying that the plastic casing holding it on to the laptop has snapped off, I don't take my case off very much (they recommend removing it once a month to clean it, but I do it more like every 6) and I've only recently started to have a problem with the bottom part of the case not being secured. I'm reordering this case because it does the job of keeping an expensive laptop really well protected at a not-too unreasonable price, and for what is essentially just a piece of plastic to have a life span of two years (with vast amounts of regular use), I am impressed. My only complaint with Amazon is the lack of colour options they provide, but other than that I cannot recommend this case enough.