5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant series
Sad I have finished the series. I want more! These books have kept me gripped throughout and this last does not disappoint. Thrilling to the end. I hope they revisit these characters in the future as I believe there are more stories to hear (please!).
Published 20 months ago by H

2.0 out of 5 stars This series is 'meh' and so is the ending!
Published 3 months ago by Alison Wadsworth

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant series, 2 Feb 2013
This review is from: Beautiful Redemption (Book 4) (Beautiful Creatures) (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing ending!!, 30 Jan 2013
I'm so sad I've finished the last book but what an amazing book it is!!!!
A must read!
Carly Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars great series!!, 7 Feb 2013
the whole series was brilliant, unlike Twilight which I think had a stereotypical story line ("boy" meets girl, they fall in love, live happily ever after) even with the few bumps along the way, Beautiful creatures has some twists that you wont see coming.

This final book has, however, left me wanting another book but not sure where it could go, so it has probably ended where it should and on a positive note :)

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing books, 28 Jan 2013
I loved this whole series of books, there are wonderful, magical and special. Any age can read them.you get hooked from the first page of the first book and never want to put them down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything has an end, 28 Jan 2013
Probably the most unexpected story of the series (apart from the end)...I wonder how this can be adapted to the big screen...Do not miss it out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 22 Jan 2013
I cried I laughed I cried again a brilliant read I wish I could have that feeling of fall all over again

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, 22 Jan 2013
The Beautiful creatures saga is an amazing book series and I strongly recommend anyone to read it. There are constant cliff hangers so you can never put the books down. Can't wait for the films. Best saga I've ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Conclusion!, 23 Sep 2014
This is the fourth and final book in the Beautiful Creatures saga. I loved it!

I downloaded this book in audio format, as I wanted to read it, but didn't have time to. Having this book in audio format allowed me to listen to it whilst doing household chores, or before bedtime.
The story is again narrated by Kevin T. Collins, but this time he is joined by Khristine Hvam. Both narrators do a fantastic job bringing the characters alive by giving them their own accents and voices.

Ethan Wate is an extremely interesting character. I liked him very much. He is a sweet, loving young man, who happens to be a human in love with a Caster. This, it turns out, can be extremely dangerous.

Lena Duchannes is a character I didn't really like in the first book. She had a "woe is me" attitude that really grated on my nerves. However, as this series has progressed, she has grown on me and it has been interesting to see her transformation from an emo-girl to a confident Caster.

This story continues from the rather shocking cliffhanger at the end of the third book, and is now told from two points of view - Ethan's and Lena's. This is an exciting conclusion to this series. I was hooked from the first few minutes into the audio book.

Lena, Link, Liv and Amma are all trying to come to terms with Ethan's sacrifice to repair the order of things on the Eighteenth Moon, whilst hiding the fact that he's dead from Ethan's father. Meanwhile, Ethan finds himself in the Other World, with his mother and Aunt Prue. Ethan finds out that his page in the Caster Chronicles had been tampered with, and sets out on a quest to reclaim it.

This story is even more exciting than the previous one, and I found myself sitting on the edge of my seat on occasion. There was, however, a character I didn't expect to find in the Other World, Seraphine. She may have been a dark Caster, and made some bad decisions in her life, but I felt that she redeemed herself in the end. There are also some new characters brought into the story, such as Amma's family - the Greats - Uncle Abner, Aunt Ivy, Aunt Delilah, Twila and not forgetting Grandmama Sulla, the great prophet. It was nice to finally meet them. But, I think that my favourite character in this book was Xavier. He is a character that I really liked, but felt sorry for. He has not had an easy life, thanks to Angelus, one of the Keepers of the Caster Chronicles. I did have an unanswered question or two about Xavier, but that was my only bugbear with the story. Angelus was introduced briefly in Beautiful Chaos. As I found out more about Angelus I decided that he was definitely not someone I would like to meet.

As the story unfolded, I was cheering for not only Ethan, but for Lena and the gang as they set off on a quest of their own. The story was fast paced and exciting most of the time, but it also tended to slow down in places. However, this didn't totally stop my enjoyment of the book. It was a roller coaster ride of adventure and emotion from beginning to end. When I did finally reach the end, I found it to be bittersweet; I was happy with the ending, but sad that it had finished. I will miss these characters, mostly Link and Ethan I have to say, but I could always visit them again by re-listening or re-reading the books.

Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl make a great writing team. Their writing style has improved a lot since the first book, and it is more fast paced. The story also flows a lot better. I would definitely read more of their books in the future.

I highly recommend this book if you love YA or Paranormal Romances. - Lynn Worton

2.0 out of 5 stars This series is 'meh' and so is the ending!, 18 July 2014
This is a very average ending to what I think has been a very average series. It was ok I guess, but that's it. Its slow, drawn out, not that interesting and like the other books before it, quite confusing with contradictory storylines and random things happening that A) don't make sense, and B), aren't explained whatsoever. I don't really feel compelled to tell anyone else to read them, I don't think I will ever read them again myself and I'm pretty sure I'll forget about most of what happened in them rather quickly.

There isn't anything specific I can say about this particular book because it is the series finale and anything I say would give away the ending of the third book and if there's one thing I can't stand in book reviews its spoilers. If you've already read this series up to this point then by all means finish it, there's no point wondering what happened. But if you're thinking of picking this series up from scratch, in my opinion, you could find a LOT more better books in this genre.

So yeah, that's an indication of how this series really does not compete with other YA fantasy series out there right now. For example Jennifer L Armentrout and Julia Kagawa, now their books are 100 times better than these - go read one of those instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great end to a great series, 30 July 2013
Really gripping, especially near the end. Couldn't put the book down- just like the others in the series. Would definitely recommend!