5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for its size and portability
I wanted a very portable wireless speaker so that I could play music from my IPhone or iPod whilst travelling . Having browsed through some on amazon I went for this one because of its small size and nice compact, chunky looks. It has has completely exceeded my expectations in terms of the sound quality. I am delighted with it

Pros

- Excellent...
Published 23 months ago by Purpleheart

3.0 out of 5 stars Pause for thought!
As a purchaser of the previous Mini Boombox (model F-00003), this review is mainly aimed at people who would like an unbiased comparison review of the new UE model.

Published on 29 Sep 2012 by D. Elson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for its size and portability, 14 Jan 2013
Purpleheart (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Pros

- Excellent lightweight and good looking design
- Set up is very straightforward and quick and adding new devices is simple
- Bluetooth connections holds for full distance specified
- Can be used as a speakerphone

Cons

-Sound is a little lacking on the bass but excellent for its size

5.0 out of 5 stars Hits above it's weight., 15 Sep 2013
G. J. Thomas (Worcester. W. Mids.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech UE 984-000240 Mobile Boombox - Black/Blue (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
I am a Hi-Fi buff with some top of the range home audio equipment and this thing produces astonishing sound for it's size

5.0 out of 5 stars Comparasion with other portable speakers - This is the best I own, 18 Nov 2013
So far this is the best portable/Bluetooth speaker I have ever owned. in my line of work I need to do presentations and I need to connect my computer to a better sound speaker. I ended up buying 4 different models and this is the one I take with me everywhere.

I started with the Xmini 2nd generation. However it was not powerful enough for bigger rooms. Also the cable that comes with it stated giving some problems after some usage.
X-Mi X Mini II 2nd Generation Capsule iPhone / iPad / iPod / MP3 / Laptop Speaker - Black

Then I bought this one. It's also a nice product but the Logitech is much better in sound quality (however the Kitsound usually has a better price. I ended up having to replace this one. Anytime I needed to show a movie the sound was really not good.
Kitsound Boombar Portable Rechargeable Stereo Bluetooth Sound System Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Andriod Smartphone, Tablet or Bluetooth MP3 - Black

In between I bought the Jambox, but I found it very expensive and really not that different from the Kitsound, so I sent it back to Amazon.
Jawbone Jambox Wave Bluetooth Speaker - Black

Finally I tried the Logitech and I'm really impressed. Small in size, good battery life and it really carries a punch. You can use it to present something in a large room and it really delivers.

Currently also a good option considering the price (55 Pounds).

3.0 out of 5 stars Pause for thought!, 29 Sep 2012
D. Elson - See all my reviews

When I received the previous model, I was totally over the moon with it. The sound was excellent (taking into account its size), the shape was not only ergonomically designed, making it very "touchy-feely" but it was also easy to clean. I can honestly say that it was one of the best and most used gadgets I've ever purchased.

So how does this current UE model compare?

When I opened the cocoon-like, transparent plastic box, any "over-the-moon" feelings quickly evaporated. My first thought was disappointment. The outer casing is made of a rubberised material and whilst it can probably be described as "funky", I immediately realised that this cannot be easily cleaned. There are no feet for it to stand on, so the underside will pick up any dust etc wherever you place it. So it's probably not suitable for kitchen listening as any left-over spills will soon be transfered to the base of the Boombox.

Nul points so far.

The new model is slightly bigger and a fraction heavier.

The sound quality of the UE model is brilliant for its size. There is a grille at the front and rear, the latter of which accommodates the base responses, a feature normally only associated with much more expensive speakers. So this model certainly does perform well and produces a slightly more richer sound that its predecessor plus the volume controls are certainly better and more responsive.

Trois points ici.

However, in my opinion, Logitech have definitely missed a trick by eliminating the pause, plus forward and back buttons which were so useful in the previous model. OK, you can perform these functions on your smartphone but if, like me, you prefer to do this on the Boombox, you cannot. And if you need to cut the sound quickly, it will be a fiddly and time consuming task finding your phone or tablet settings to do this.

Nul points.

Bluetooth connection was easy and fast but mine suffers form frequent and annoying 1 second dropouts which I never experienced with the old model.

All in all, I am in two minds as to whether to keep and use this or revert back to my previous model.

If you're looking to upgrade your old model to this one, I would honestly think twice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound (considering the really small size), 26 Aug 2014
This little box has very good sound for its size, but I think your satisfaction with the quality depends entirely on your expectations. It is, of course, no match for a pair of full-sized hi-fi speakers, but it's more than adequate for listening to music and podcasts around the house. I have been doing some DIY over the bank holiday, and this boombox has been my constant companion for the duration.

It easily fills a room, the treble is clear, and the bass is perfectly satisfactory for such a tiny unit.

The key feature of this speaker over other similar ones is that it charges fine from a standard micro USB cable. That means it can be charged from any laptop and most phone chargers. Most others I have tried use a proprietary charger. Doesn't sound like a big deal until you run out of power and don't have the charger with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars After a year of use, 8 Dec 2014
I have the Logitech UE Mini Boombox for over a year now. I got to say, it has been great!

The portability of this device is amazing considering how small this thing is! I had many trips and vacations where I would bring this little guy along. The music fills the room with good enough bass and clarity. Much better than what would come out of my phone or laptop.

One of my best experience with this speaker is taking it on a vacation in Thailand. I am able to blast this speaker in my villa and outdoor pool area. Enjoying my own tunes while having a swim.

At home, I have it on constantly as well. And after I get home, I can just turn on my bluetooth in my phone, and it will automatically connect to the mini boombox and just plays my music. Excellent!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well on the beach, 27 Nov 2014
We took it to the beach, it works really well. I like the material of the surface, which make the buttons work really well with sandy and wet hands. It is easy to clean too, we tried that after a day of usage while we had barbecue. The battery life is a highlight, it last for the whole barbecue for like 5 hours. The sound is great given the size of it, i hope the bass will be more full. The connection is very stable in general, just a few drops when we had our iphone move around when we taking video with the kids, perhaps we went too far. So i hope it could cover a greater distance so we dont need to dedicate a phone sit next to it for the music. But i think it is the trade off of the size and battery life as well. I would recommend this to everyone who want a speaker for outing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 7 Aug 2014
Brilliant.

Some background:

Firstly, there are many issue with bluetooth speakers. The large premium products are over-priced - you would achieve better sound with conventional components. The very small ones sound tinny. Cheap off-label products usually have poor build or poor battery. Many reputable manufacturers price up their products to take advantage of a trendy market segment.

Secondly, sound quality and comments are subjective. To give you an idea of my frame of reference, these are my currently commonly used products: Hifiman HE-400 headphones, Grado 325 headphones, Monster Turbine Pro Gold earphones, KEF LS50 for near-field (bedroom) speakers, Mordant Short 1.6m floorstanders and BK Electronics Monolith subwoofer.

So onwards to comments:
1. Sound quality at price is excellent. Truly excellent. I remain surprised what this small box can achieve. Put it on the coffee table next to you, and have a very pleasant listening experience.
2. The excellent sound quality!
3. The excellent sound quality! - ** i really cannot emphasise this enough **
4. Good build quality and good battery life
5. Looks great - I like the blue & white!
6. Speakerphone function to use for hands-free calls - its there, I can't comment as I never use this.

Buy one. Even if you don't think you need one - just try it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect combination, 12 Nov 2012
M. Edwards "mre_chalfont" (Bucks UK) - See all my reviews
...this Bluetooth mobile boombox and my iPod touch are a match made in heaven , seamless streaming , plenty of detail in the sound reproduction and SO easy to set up and use, highly recommended. Especially considering the dimensions.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK at this price ....., 25 Sep 2012
MJ King "MJK" (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
.... would add a star if it came in at under £50.

Why? Well what is does is good but the actual sound isn't as good.

Good points:

Well built & quite funky looking, with a nice to hold rubber feel to it. Very compact & easy to carry around & the rubber should make it fairly secure too.

Really easy to pair & connect with your blue tooth enabled device; so far I've done it with my iPod Touch (4th gen), my Samsung Galaxy 11 and my Wife's HTC Desire. All hold the connection 100% and will play anything your device outputs - Spotify tracks, MP3 files, Apple files and speech when someone phones you.

Blue tooth connection seems to hold up really well - conected my mobile to the speaker. Left the mobile in my kitchen and took the speaker upstairs into the bathroom. Held the connection perfectly!

Very simple to operate with only 3 main buttons: 1 to switch on blue tooth, 1 to turn the volume up and 1 to turn it down (although this can also be changed by your device's volume controls too.)

Can be connected to non blue tooth enabled devices via a cable (not supplied) into the headphone socket. Speaker automatically turns itself off if not used for a while. Battery life seems quite good - around 10 hours from fully charged though I've not used it continuously for that time.

Bad points:

Very poor bass, fairly tinny sound generally and variable volume. Some tracks play quite quietly & whilst others go louder it can't really be said to be a 'party animal'!

Sound when used as a phone speaker isn't great. My callers couldn't hear me well and I struggled to hear them. I can't really see any obvious reason to use it like this anyway.....

Overall:

Much better sound than comes out of your device. Compact & light enough to carry around. Quite good sounding at low levels. Doesn't go very loud & sound lacks definition & weight.

Good value at about £40-50.