5.0 out of 5 stars Hits above it's weight.
I am a Hi-Fi buff with some top of the range home audio equipment and this thing produces astonishing sound for it's size
Published 14 months ago by G. J. Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Pause for thought!
As a purchaser of the previous Mini Boombox (model F-00003), this review is mainly aimed at people who would like an unbiased comparison review of the new UE model.

When I received the previous model, I was totally over the moon with it. The sound was excellent (taking into account its size), the shape was not only ergonomically designed, making it very...
Published on 29 Sep 2012 by D. Elson

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars OK at this price ....., 25 Sep 2012
MJ King "MJK" (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
.... would add a star if it came in at under £50.

Why? Well what is does is good but the actual sound isn't as good.

Good points:

Well built & quite funky looking, with a nice to hold rubber feel to it. Very compact & easy to carry around & the rubber should make it fairly secure too.

Really easy to pair & connect with your blue tooth enabled device; so far I've done it with my iPod Touch (4th gen), my Samsung Galaxy 11 and my Wife's HTC Desire. All hold the connection 100% and will play anything your device outputs - Spotify tracks, MP3 files, Apple files and speech when someone phones you.

Blue tooth connection seems to hold up really well - conected my mobile to the speaker. Left the mobile in my kitchen and took the speaker upstairs into the bathroom. Held the connection perfectly!

Very simple to operate with only 3 main buttons: 1 to switch on blue tooth, 1 to turn the volume up and 1 to turn it down (although this can also be changed by your device's volume controls too.)

Can be connected to non blue tooth enabled devices via a cable (not supplied) into the headphone socket. Speaker automatically turns itself off if not used for a while. Battery life seems quite good - around 10 hours from fully charged though I've not used it continuously for that time.

Bad points:

Very poor bass, fairly tinny sound generally and variable volume. Some tracks play quite quietly & whilst others go louder it can't really be said to be a 'party animal'!

Sound when used as a phone speaker isn't great. My callers couldn't hear me well and I struggled to hear them. I can't really see any obvious reason to use it like this anyway.....

Overall:

Much better sound than comes out of your device. Compact & light enough to carry around. Quite good sounding at low levels. Doesn't go very loud & sound lacks definition & weight.

Good value at about £40-50.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Logitech UE 984-000256 Mobile Boombox - Black (Personal Computers)
Have now had the boombox for a week now - For use when travelling on business. I work in Pakistan where power is inconsistent and it has been brilliant with Skype and FaceTime calls as well as acting as an enhanced set of speakers for my Macbook Air.

Its about the same size and weight as a can of coke. The rubber cover certainly helps with the knocks and bumps of travelling and the bluetooth connection is solid for up to about 15m.

Great piece of kit!

4.0 out of 5 stars In a contest vs Jambox this wins., 4 Oct 2012
James Harries (Cornwall,England) - See all my reviews
I was going to get the Jambox but this came out just in time to save me £80 - the Jambox is still about a tenner more on ebay than one of these new and they sound incredibly similar, the Jambox maybe a tiny bit louder but not a deal breaker.
I teach electric guitar and it is just loud enough to play along to tracks on it over two turned down amps. In the house or garden, easily loud enough dinner, maybe not enough to get people dancing.(Maybe if you drink enough).
Always get a quick connection on the iphone, it's very good for the car. I see someone doesn't like the rubber shell, I find it very handy as it won't vibrate off shiny surfaces.
Very pleased with it. Can't give it 5 stars as I don't know about the battery life yet. But I would do.

5.0 out of 5 stars it is a mini boom bargain, 21 Nov 2014
I bought this just to link to my iPad in the kitchen, but have found it has so many uses. It has great sound and the charger is easy to put in any sub charging socket. The speaker really does need the little plastic holder otherwise it can move itself off of the surface. Great sound from front and back of the speaker. Pop it in a bag, carry it camping, to the gym, anywhere really. Easy to link. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 1 Oct 2014
I'm not an audiophile but this is really nice to listen to, even though it's about the size of… I don't know. A burger?
I use it with my laptop and phone interchangeably, and it just works. There is a slight delay with the bluetooth, so when I use it to watch movies I just plug it in with the audio jack. Easy as π.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reviewed all the main players - glad I chose this., 14 April 2013
Went along to my local electrical store and tried out a wide range of wireless bluetooth speakers. From jambox (mini), Beats Pill, to Bose wireless speaker. Bose, great but too expensive. Beats pill on a par with this but more expensive. Out performed the jambox. This wee gadget is very impressive. It really does have a great sound for all music genre's. Crisp, clear, enough base to satisfy most. You literally get a good quality bang for you buck.

5.0 out of 5 stars for holidays, 7 July 2014
much better than I thought

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little speaker, 22 Jun 2014
Great sound and simple to connect to my iPad. A bit tricky to connect to my Windows laptop but not to worry hardly ever use them with laptop. They are strong too, they have bounced onto the tiles of the shower on more than one occasion. Charge lasts well too. Have three and will buy one or two more

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound for the size., 20 Jun 2014
Good value, Impressive sound, compact design, light, solid performance overall with an acceptable battery life and charges complete quickly. Would recommend to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars UE Mobile boombox review, 16 Jun 2014
I researched a LOT of product before finally buying this. I love it - the sound it produces and the amount of time it goes on for without needing a charge is amazing!! I use it primarily to play music that's on the phone during a poker game etc - so don't really crank it up really high, though you could and it doesn't distort except at the highest volume levels. I have found that it does seem to give more sound when kept just in front of a wall or solid object, but not actually touching it.

There are numerous products it has been compared against, but one thing I must say is that it is not as good as the bose soundlink mini. One of my friends has the bose and we played a variety of music from both these and the bose almost always sounded better - especially on the heavy metal stuff and when you need more bass!

Having said that, for less than half the price of the bose, its brilliant!! Also the newer model of this allows you to buy two of these and pair them to get true stereo... and together i'd imagine that they will produce louder sound and possibly even better quality than the bose...

For those of you considering which option is better, i'd recommend that you listen to both of these in different environments...and different music... personally I found the UE provided almost better sound in a completely quiet enclosed room playing soul as well slow RNB... however if you put it in a fairly open area with a crowd and background noise, then it doesn't seem to be as good... also the Bose against a wall is much better than the UE against a wall...

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›