on 2 February 2010
I have recently ordered a pair of Sugar Daddy boots, they look great but as I find again and again with Rocket Dog, the sizing is bizarre. I ordered my regular size 5 but they are so short in the foot I don't even think my size 4 sister would even have been able to fit her feet in them. So, I duly ordered a pair in size 6 and they are absolutely enormous - I still had the size 5s when the 6s arrived so I held them together to measure the difference - the size 6 are well over an inch longer in the sole than the size 5. As well as that, the 6s are very very wide in the foot and also quite deep - very difficult to walk in with my feet flapping around in them like floundering fish. I tried with extra socks - three pairs of normal socks and one pair of thick "welly" socks later and they are still sloppy. I am bitterly disappointed as I'm having trouble finding a decent pair of warm boots for the winter without having to fork out an arm and a leg. I shall have to keep looking.
22 comments63 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2010
These boots were delivered just in time for the big freeze. They're warm and comfortable. I'm normally a size 5.5 and went for size 6, it was slightly roomy and with a pair of thick socks, was just right. (I actually thought the width was quite generous). I tried it out in the snow and the grip was quite good, wasn't slippery at all. On the whole am very happy with the purchase, a stylish, warm pair of comfy boots! (Oh and worth the money too!).
0Comment38 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 February 2011
I have had these boots for over a year now and the only reason I am buying some new ones is because my current ones look a bit worn as I wear them all the time- particularly when going on long muddy walks with my little ones- and I want to wear boots for work as it's still cold!- they are still comfortable and no holes or anything and I wear them all the time. I have had no problems with leaking or wear and tear. As to the sizing issue I need my normal size in the sugar daddy and the next size up in the slope boot. I find the sugar daddy is very roomy. I am usually about a 5 or a 5.5 so the 5 in the sugar daddy and the 6 in the slope boot fit just fine. Hope this helps!
0Comment42 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 December 2009
I ordered these boots just before it snowed! The service was amazing and came within a couple of days of ordering. They are comfortable, warm as well as fasionable. They look great with skinny jeans or with any trousers. They have hardly been off my feet since!
on 30 December 2009
They are beautiful boots, far more resilient looking than Uggs, but sadly they are going to have to be returned. Am usually a standard size 5 but my toes bump the ends. Fear the size 6 will be too big & only wish they came in half sizes.
22 comments21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 September 2010
Beware, these boots do not have the harder wearing soles that Honeypup boots have, Rocketdog you should be ashamed! They wore out in 8 weeks on the sole and as they were a present I couldnt send them anywhere for a refund. These are a decent size, wider than the honeypup boot but I dont know where they get the sizing from, as the honeypups are too small in an 8 and the sugar daddys are ok -slightly larger in an 8!!!
on 26 January 2011
I requested these boots on my wish list for Christmas and Santa was kind enough to buy me them!
I ordered a size 5 - I am a size 5.5 usually and there is the perfect amount of room inside the boots for me so don't necessarily go away from your usual sizing if you are ordering these boots (have noticed some reviews seem to report odd sizing).
They are so warm with the fur lining and really comfy to walk in. Highly recommend these boots to anyone.
on 21 October 2011
Boots are lovely, well made and arrived within two days of ordering.
I was even given an hour time slot!!!
Had been trying to find decent [real suede] comfy but reasonably priced boots for winter to replace my old ones for ages.
I'm so happy with these. Perfect for walking around the village to and from school with my daughter.
I'm a UK size four and they fit like a glove even with big fluffy socks.
Would Definitely buy again, thanks!!
on 19 December 2009
Absolutely thrilled with these boots, they arrived this morning and they actually fit. I must be a large size 8 as alot of 8's just don't fit but a size 9 (when you can get them) is too big. These boots are so comfortable, lovely and warm and fit nicely on my leg. Brilliant!
on 8 December 2010
I just received my pair of Rocket Dog sugar daddy boots from Scorpion.I was hesitant about what size to go for after reading the reviews but at the end I went for my normal size which is a 6. A size 6 fits perfect, plenty of room so it's ideal to wear with thick socks. If you have a normal foot size or slim, you can buy your normal size as the boots are generous in fit. They look good quality, lovely colour and the sole is sturdy and thick. very happy with purchase.