5.0 out of 5 stars works great for me just change settings for emulators
Published 17 months ago by Mr c

2.0 out of 5 stars How are people giving this 5 stars?
I just received my PlayPad Pro and I've got to say I'm pretty disappointed, especially after reading a few decent reviews. There are very noticeable deadzones on the analogue sticks, which make precise aiming a real pain for fps games. The sticks feel a bit tall and hard to manoeuvre as well but I may adjust to that.

The shoulder buttons are spongy and...
Published 2 months ago by Andy Shaw

5.0 out of 5 stars works great for me just change settings for emulators, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: Nyko Playpad Pro for Android/Bluetooth (Accessory)
Bought this and thought it would be not great after reading reviews I have only played n64emulators and snes plus gta vice city and dead trigger so far my emultors and those games I couldnt ask for more its like playing a com its got bad ratings due to people not setting it up propperly if u have emulators its so simple just go to settings and its got a control list its so easy to do I love it couldnt ask for more

5.0 out of 5 stars THE only android controller you need., 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: Nyko Playpad Pro for Android/Bluetooth (Accessory)
I bought two of these to use my nvidia sheild in console mode. Both consoles connected no problem and they are very comfortable and feel well made so they will last. I like the rubber texture to give extra grip. These controllers charge via micro usb and come with a charging cable, as to how long they will work for before charging im yet to know as havent had to charge them since buying so i am very impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Prime delivery and Amazing premium product, 26 Aug 2014
This review is from: Nyko Playpad Pro for Android/Bluetooth (Accessory)
Works great for FPSE ps1 emulators and all premium games suchas Grand Theft Auto. Product feels great in the hands and a nice battery life too. Easy connectivity via bluetooth and no app to get it working. Just connect and play. Feels like the perfect controller too ! Must have for all android tablets especially the tab s!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
Great pad for tegra note7

1.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful machine that is crippled by unusable software, 8 July 2014
There are 2 parts to talk about:
Good hardware:
The controller body is made of a 'fake' velvet textured material that does scratch easily but is nice to the touch. The buttons are sensibly laid out with no risl of accidentally triggering something you did'nt want. The shoulder buttons feel comfortable and pleasently resistive. The analogue pads are concave much like the XBox 360's and are very easy to find even in the dark due to the slight ridge on each pad. The device uses Micro USB-B like almost ll android smartphones on the market - asensible choice as you do not need to carry and extra charger. The build quality is OK but not all that great though.

Abysmal software.
Firtly, Firmware update DOES NOT WORK on any android device with android JB 4.2 & Above and you need an older ICS/Early JB device to update the firmware. The nyko playground app is just awful: both unstable and disfunctional it work only about 1/2 of the time. The left analogue stick is stupidly mapped to the DPAD keys as is the actual DPAD so the entire left analogue stick is essentally useless. Attempting to re-map the keys failed multiple times. When it did work the triggers stopped working so after some research I found out that the latest version of nyko playpad actually messes up the triggers so after downgrading the app version to 2.1 from an apk I found on http://nyko-playpad.blogspot.co.uk the device would fail to be picked up by the app. After trying this on my older (Android 4.1) Phone it worked but now my new device (Nexus 7 2013) did not actually recoginse that R1&R2 as well as L1&L2 as different buttons. the select key also stopped working.

I have sent my nyko playpad back for a refund and I highly discourage you from buying this product.
Should you do descide to buy it, I reccomend trying USB/BT Joystick Center GOLD (on play store [4 - DEMO Available]) as in my testing that appeared to show a little spark of function.

However, having to buy a paid app just to get their controller working is shameful on NYKO. Considering apps on the play store manage to integrate DS3&4 (SONY PS3/4) and XBox's controllers into android as an input device while a native device fails so hard is a damn pity and NYKO should feel ashamed for releasing such awful software to the public.

2.0 out of 5 stars How are people giving this 5 stars?, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Nyko Playpad Pro for Android/Bluetooth (Accessory)

The shoulder buttons are spongy and uncomfortable to use which is annoying as they seem to be used more in games than the better quality triggers, which is probably the best feature of the gamepad. You can remap these in 'app' mode though, should you wish, but that's just an unreasonable solution imo and having to unpair and repair your pad each time to switch modes is annoying.

The bluetooth connection is also quite buggy, I have had to unpair and repair my device on a few occasions. The analogue direction gets stuck in game quite often too so when you release the stick you still get movement for a few seconds.

I have updated the firmware to the latest version too, using a combination of the firmware from the nyko website and then using the updater app from the playstore. You'd think the website would have the latest firmware but it doesn't.

If you have a rooted device then, if your device is supported, I recommend going for a PS3 controller and buying the SixAxis app which is a far superior combination. Unfortunately my Tegra Note 7 isn't supported so I'm stuck with this pad. Why Nvidia endorse this pad for the Tegra Note 7 and Shield is a complete mystery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality controller, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Nyko Playpad Pro for Android/Bluetooth (Accessory)
I bought this to go with my Tegra Note 7 Android tablet, as it is endorsed by Nvidia. It works very well with the tablet. You may need to update the firmware on the controller first though. If you are on Android 4.3 or lower you can use an app in the Play store to do this. If, like me, you are on 4.4, you will need to update the controller by plugging it into a PC and using software from Nyko. The PC updater can be found here;[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality game controller, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Nyko Playpad Pro for Android/Bluetooth (Accessory)
Great quality control pad feels good in the hands responsive and great battery life. Takes a bit of sorting out for each game although some pick it up straight away. Using it with Kit Kat I haven't quite grasped the gamepad mapper on my tegra note 7 so I still can't play cod zombies properly but I'm guessing that's a software thing. Overall its rugged and feels nice I recommend it, its my first Bluetooth gamepad btw.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, 9 April 2014
J. W. H. Asher "Jamie Asher" (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nyko Playpad Pro for Android/Bluetooth (Accessory)
Bought this to go with my HTC One for a bit of mobile gaming. I am mainly a hardcore console/PC gamer but I like mobile games for those times I'm out of my house and on the run. I can say this controller is high quality and nearly console grade and miles better than using a tiny touch screen especially for mobile fps.

The latency of the Bluetooth connection is too low for me to notice. I especially like the analogue sticks which are very accurate and responsive. The shoulder triggers are great too.

If I have one complaint then it would be that the shoulder buttons above the triggers are a bit too squishy, so its hard to press them rapidly and responsively. Thankfully, few games require this. The game I did most the testing on was Dead Trigger. The controls were very easy to map. The only games that didn't seem to support the controller were games that really didn't need controller support anyway.

I felt so cool playing Dead Trigger on my phone with this controller while sitting in McDonalds after my meal. So basically if you are an android or iOS (I did not test this personally but apparently this controller can input to iOS through iCade) gamer that needs a controller then this is the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch blutooth controller, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Nyko Playpad Pro for Android/Bluetooth (Accessory)
This is a brilliant blutooth controller. I am using it with a Quadcore Nvidia Tegra 4 tablet and it is absolutely awesome. I have not tried it with my PC yet, but that is next on the cards. Good price as well