on 27 January 2015
Perfect! I work in an office of weedy people who are always moaning about the cold, when in fact the temperature is pretty much tropical. I on the other hand am not weedy and moany and was brought up to wear appropriate clothing if I was cold - not so my colleagues. Heaven knows what their annual heating bills are... Anyhow, I digress... the Arctic breeze is a life saver. Quiet and discreet whilst helping to reduce my temperature as well as my blood pressure! Recommended!
on 19 August 2014
This is a very cool (no pun intended) USB powered fan. Arctic provided a free sample to me for evaluation.

I had an older USB fan that was simply a fan blade and motor attached to a flexible shaft that plugged directly into a USB port. Not the most elegant solution but it worked and I liked it.

This fan takes it to a higher level altogether. This fan is fan-tastic because it now has a nicely designed base with a steel weighted plate. It feels substantial, not light and plasticy.

The USB cord is long, nearly 6 feet and the base has a on/off knob that allows you to vary the fan speed from 800rpm to 1800rpm. Or, from a barely perceptible breeze to a nice gentle breeze that is perfect for in your office cubicle, work desk at home or wherever you'd like a nice quiet breeze.

The fan operates almost sliently. It is super quiet. The flexible neck allows you to position this in any which way. The plastic fan blade has little mass and the rotational speed is slow enough that you can literally stick your finger right into it without harm (although you may want to keep young children away.)

It operates from any powered USB port. It can even operate from a batterypack making this great for travel, camping or wherever you can imagine.

I just love this little fan. It's perfect. I couldn't think of a single thing that I'd like to see improved or changed.
on 30 January 2015
This is a really nice looking fan for starters - very stylish.
The review is for the Arctic Breeze Black USB desktop fan.

I purchased this purely for a bit of background cooling, and that is really all you get from this fan, so don't expect the same as a standard mains powered desk fan.

I wanted something to produce a breeze, but not so much as to affect the telephone, since when having normal fans running callers complain that I sound like I am in a wind tunnel - no so with this fan. The conversations are unaffected. Bonus.

The fan really does seem to be designed and built with high quality in mind. The adjustable neck is good and you can pretty much get any angle you want from that.

The RPM adjustable knob is a clever touch. On the full anticlockwise turn there is a switch to turn is off, then turning clockwise you start the fan with a nice click, then as you continue to turn the fan speed increases. The switch feels of good quality.

On Max, you can feel the air from about 2 feet. Much further and you probably wont notice it. On min you would have to be pretty close to the fan but either way there is air being moved.

Imagine a hand held battery fan and how much air it can move, well this is very similar, perhaps slightly more on the full speed setting. It is basically a 9 CM PC case fan with the frame removed and stuck on a stalk.

It is pretty much silent, especially on the slow speeds. Even on max you can only just about hear the fan. In a regular office environment this will appear silent.

I like the range of colours you can have. It is heavy enough not to be a liability and touching the blades doesn't cut the fingers. You will instinctively pull back if you do touch by accident anyway.

Overall, happy with the purchase and it will get plenty of use!
on 30 May 2012
What a great little fan. Plugs into my docking station, back of the keyboard or even my monitor. The Fan is quiet but offers a cooling breeze not a gale which would blow your paperwork every where.
It's almost perfect, make sure you angle the fan before plugging in as there is no on/off switch but there are ways round that, plug in to a USB extension cable. I've even had it plugged into my USB phone socket charger at a hotel beside the bed, as I travel quite a bit for work it's light and flat so doesn't take up any real luggage space.
A brilliant little fan.
on 9 September 2014
The office i work in can be extremely quiet so i wanted a USB desk fan that was very silent and would not irrtate other workers while in use. I wasn't too worried if the fan wasn't the highest air output as this was a secondary requirement. I liked the fact you could adjust the fan speed so if it was noisy i could reduce its fan speed.

This fan is based around a normal PC computer fan with a variable speed controller so is generally very quiet when compared to other USB desk fans i have owned. The fan only emits a slight rubbing vibration noise when its goose neck is angled upwards or occasionally after running for a long time. Overall the sound output is very low and it passed the 'Quiet office' test and if they could improve the design so it gets no rubbing noise when angled upwards it would be perfect. Also when the fan speed is set to a lower RPM it actually makes more noise than on its maximum.

The goose neck allows the fan to be angled perfectly to suit your requirements. The base of the fan is weighty and the overall units build quality is superb for £10. You get approx 1.8m of cable on the fan so its more than enough to position it optimally in the location of your choice.

The fan is only really useful on its highest setting and will push a adequate amount of air about to cool you down on a normal or mildly warm day, during a heat wave it would be vastly under-powered. The fan works best when used at a distance of no more than 60 cm's away. I would highly recommend this fan on performance, price and build quality.
on 19 January 2016
The British Breeze USB desktop fan is another great little product from Arctic (most known of course for their PC cooling solutions).
The desktop fan is nice and compact (measuring approximately 18cm tall with the base measuring 10cm x 10cm at it's widest point), and the 1.8m long cable means it can easily be sat on my desk and still connect to my PC underneath.

I was a little concerned that the fan would be a little flimsy and unstable, but Arctic's Breeze desktop fan is surprisingly sturdy with it's weighty metal base, which also features 2 non slip pads which grip my desk well.

Using the fan is literally as easy as connecting it to a USB port on your computer, or even a USB phone charger and switching it on.

The switch on the base of the fan is used to turn the fan on and off, but to also control the fans speed (from 800 to 1800rpm).
At 800 rpm, the fan is all but silent and although turning the speed up to 1800rpm produces a little noise, it really is hardly noticeable (not noticeable at all when my PC is running).

Overall, the Arctic Breeze UK desktop fan is a neat little device that provides a nice cooling effect to the user (it's never going to chill your room, but it's not meant to). It has a very nice design with the stalk that the fan connects to being bendy, allowing you to twist and face the fan in any direction.

I will certainly make good use of it in the summer, either cooling myself or by moving it underneath the desk to provide some cool air to my PC's intake fans.

The only possible negative could be for those people with children, as the blades of the fan are exposed - although i'm not sure it would do any real damage, as the blade stopped pretty easily when i touched it.

Another very nice product from Arctic, which i would not hesitate to recommend.
review image review image review image review image review image
on 9 June 2015
Nice powerful breeze but beware, the stem is threaded and too much bending of it causes it to come loose and it's almost impossible to screw back in. That said I bought a second one and I'm just more careful with it.
on 10 May 2016
I have hardly used this but the metal stand screw into the plastic base has come loose and won't screw back in. The base plate is fixed so it's not possible to try to clamp it back in. Cheap rubbish - avoid.
review image
on 9 September 2013
I was so impressed with the first one, I bought another two!

I'd seen other USB powered fans in a sort of cage thing but this does away with that altogether so the blades spin free. It's slightly larger than most as it's a 7 blade, 9cm fan. Although the blades are solid, It doesn't hurt if you touch it accidentally. The bendy metal stalk holds position really well however you want to twist it. It's a cooling breeze - just enough to cool you down but don't expect a storm force gale to blow out of the thing. It's also amazingly quiet. When I'm not using it to cool me down, I point it under my laptop stand to supplement the cooling flow there.
The styling and build quality of this device are very nice; it's small, smart-looking and its weighted base means it stays put easily enough wherever you choose to place it.

In operation you can't really expect too much from a USB-powered fan. Even on the maximum setting the breeze you get is quite weak. It needs to be close to you if you're going to feel it at all, and on a hot summer's day I imagine it would be like trying to douse a raging inferno with the contents of an ice bucket. It's more "Arctic" in name than nature. The upside is that the fan is very quiet. This is easily the quietest fan of any description I've ever owned, so it gets plus points for that.

If you're looking for a quiet fan that will give you a gentle breeze and won't take up a mains socket, then you could do a lot worse than this one. On hot days, though, it probably won't be enough to cool you down, and should be looked upon as a secondary cooling device.