5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting story.
Published on 10 Sep 2010 by Beafy

1.0 out of 5 stars Read the real one
Published 9 months ago by Russell White

1.0 out of 5 stars Read the real one, 12 Oct 2013
Trawelled thru old news articles, put together in a book. The only issue, once a article is written, it gets re hashed and re hashed from a pool of articles, regardless if the facts are correct or not. Many of the articles have been published before and many of the facts are just wrong, like how he named himself Jason, case in point of one inaccurate journalist reporting something and everyone copying it as fact, because it appeared in The Sun! Buy the real autobiography, DON'T buy this one in error, buy DAVID JASON MY LIFE, only buy this if you want to see how tough it is writing an accurate Biography without consent or input of the person its about and play spot the inaccuracies. The authors of this book have had a good run over the years and i'm sure made a few quid, lovely jubbly, but with the release of the official autobiography, all those inadequacies over the years have now been put right, thankyou Sir David.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 10 Jun 2011
This was informative, though lacked the vibrance and personal detail of an autobiography. There was some repetition and disjointedness, maybe because it was co-written? It seemed to over rely on people's opinions, and interviews with known associates of David, and so I felt it was not always balanced and certainly didn't give the full inside story, I was looking for.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointed, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Sir David Jason - A Life of Laughter (Kindle Edition)
I had not noticed this was not written by David Jason. Trying to read this was like reading excerpts collated from newspapers, past stories or interviews to form a life story. I gave up at the first chapter

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, 12 Sep 2009
Shenix (North West England) - See all my reviews
Bit disappointed with this book very slow in parts. Think it would have been better if David Jason himself had written it. Can't read more that 3 or 4 pages at a time, quite boring really.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not an official version, 21 Nov 2013
Janet Stuckey "oneillfan" (Gloucestershire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sir David Jason - A Life of Laughter (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book in the main. I was surprised to find that David is an EastEnder. There were times when I wondered if the author of the book had fallen out with David over something as in most of it he is very much on David's side but there are parts of the book where he suddenly seems to be anti David putting in scathing comments about his attitude to people he has worked with. On the whole it is an interesting insight into the career of a very hard working and successful man. It is obvious that he is a very private person and values his time away from the limelight and adoring fans that he comes into contact with away from work. I was glad to know that he enjoyed playing Pop Larkin as he is one of my all time favourite characters that David has played. I look forward to seeing him in the upcoming version of Open All Hours even if it is only to see how he copes with 'Arkwrights till'.

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting story., 10 Sep 2010
We (my wife and I, in our senior years) purchased this book because we have followed his life through his video's ie The darling buds of May, Open all hours, Frost (very interesting) and we believe his best series, Only Fools and Horses. The book gave us an insight to his life that is NOT indicated throughout his video's. We believe we enjoy his video's because they are based around area's of Britain we are very familiar with as ex Londoners, especially some of the Cockney Slang.We really enjoyed the book and it has already been borrowed by other members of our family of friends. Many thanks. Les Fellows.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Star, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Sir David Jason - A Life of Laughter (Kindle Edition)
A good insight to a very private comic genius , well worth the read .See how Sir David transforms from child to one of our greatest British stars

5.0 out of 5 stars David Jason, 5 May 2013
Bought this for my mother as she really likes Sir David Jason and really likes reading how they grew up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 April 2013
I bought this book as a present and have been informed that it is an excellent read for those interested in this talented and funny man. Thank you.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 5 July 2014