on 27 April 2014
After two years of struggling to attach that horrendous original mount onto the window at the start of every journey; hating life, myself and everything about that awful thing as it invariably flopped off at the most crucial moment in my journey, I realised that LIFE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THAT WAY. I don't know why anyone else has had problems, this new mount has taught me how to live again.
As many users will sadly be aware, the screen suction-mount supplied as standard with the TomTom is woefully inadequate. I attempted to use my original one 4 times: once on a Vauxhall Astra, again on a Ford Capri, again on a Jaguar X-type, and finally, to see if there was anything it could stick to at all, on a flat bathroom mirror. It failed to stick to any of these surfaces and broke apart on the 4th attempt. I purchased this product from Amazon as a replacement, because it looked to be more effective than the standard TomTom windscreen-mount, as well as appearing easier to use. First impressions are good, and it does exactly what it's supposed to. It's far easier to use, with its lever to attach and release from the car windscreen. It actually sticks to the car... and sticks very securely too. It also looks to be a lot sturdier and more robust than the hopeless mount that was included with my TomTom as standard, however time will be the true test of durability. But with such a low price in the first place, you can't really complain anyway can you?
on 1 March 2013
This design is so much better than the mount that it came with. The suction cup is so much to get at.
on 14 October 2014
I must admit that the first 10 minutes spent trying to fit and use this TomTom holder was very frustrating, as it took quite a bit of working out which way to mount it on the screen to allow the TomTom to be clearly visible, then it seemed that the TomTom would not snap into the ring that holds it in place.
However, after lots of fiddling around, clipping my heavy TomTom XL2 in place and then rotating it slightly, I must admit that for the rest of my holiday it was excellent. The suction pad held without failing and the swivel ball joint allowed much easier adjustment of the TomTom's angle than the original holder that came with the device.
If only the TomTom had clipped a little more easily into the holder I would have given it a fifth star, but it was quite a struggle to set it up, and I'm normally quick to find how such things work.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 September 2015
I used this to replace the stock slimline official TomTom holder that came with my One. I wish I'd done it sooner. The official twisty one is absolute crap and it takes forever to get it to hold properly on my windscreen, eventually the rotating mechanism snapped and I was trying to find a replacement. I saw this and thought I'd try the new style for a change. Quite simply, I'd never go back. The flip-switch mechanism is so much easier to ensure a good suction to the screen first time, it's worth it's weight in gold and TomTom could learn something from the people who've made this.

The only real difference that could be considered a downside is that the original bracket fit nicely in the case I bought for my TomTom, whereas this is a more substantial unit and no longer fits in the same case.
on 16 January 2014
I got this over six months ago and have been using it regularly, so I know it works well in service. I got it to replace a TomTom own brand original mount, which fell apart - and which was never much good anyway. The TomTom product even when new had a tendency to fall off the windscreen, so I ended up using it attached to one of those heavy dashboard friction mats wedged into the corner of the windscreen and side window. This wasn't the ideal driving position, but at least it fell off less dangerously.

This unbranded clone design is superior in two ways. It sticks very much more reliably to the glass. And has a better shape, with a longer gooseneck arm so you have more options when angling the satnav screen. I have a Honda Jazz, which has a long sloping windscreen, so this is a big benefit. Now I can attach reliably to the glass I've thrown away the friction mat, and use my satnav unit attached to the windscreen in a much more natural driving position.

The suction cup that actually attaches to the glass on this excellent but unbranded Amazon-supplied unit is activated by a lever. This gives a firm and more positive attachment to the windscreen than TomTom's own system, which involves rotating a ring. The big advantage of the lever approach is that you can immediately tell if the thing has stuck properly.

After every trip I prefer to remove the whole satnav unit, including the mount. This is easier too. There's a tab attached to the cup which you pull to release the suction, so the mount removes from the screen with very little strain on the mechanism.

Overall this a well thought-out, well-engineered product, superior in design to TomTom's own brand mount, and at least as well made.
on 21 August 2014
The circular clip is much securer than the original and the lever mechanism is more positive than the original turn lock. A good buy and replacement for the lost original. On first ordering I was concerned about the mounting as I have an early version of the Tom Tom ONE and was worried it would not fit in the mount, but it is ideal and is better than the original all round. A good buy.
on 7 November 2015
Initially impressed by the product as it seemed robust and an improvement on the original TomTom design. However after just two uses the product disintegrated due to a split in the rubber cup (see attached photo). Not impressed!!
review image
on 19 September 2014
Absolutely brilliant. I bought this because the mount provided with my TomTom broke. It was never easy to use and often fell off the windscreen. This mount is very easy to use with the lever. It sticks to the glass well and doesn't fall off.
on 4 October 2014
took delivery and used it the same day. Its a good buy, it feels robust and quite heavy. This is honestly a better mount than the tomtom original being that you can get your hand behind the sat nav to release it. 5 stars from me