4.0 out of 5 stars The courage which people have is inspiring.
Published 14 months ago by Sandra

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read
As I was born in Garston in 1948 I found this book very interesting. I actually read it within 8 hours.
My husband went to the same school (Heath Road).
Published 3 months ago by rosina thomas

4.0 out of 5 stars The courage which people have is inspiring., 14 May 2013
Sandra (Bristol, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wounded Souls (Kindle Edition)
I have read many books and have my own experiences in life where people could go horribly wrong in life and blame everything on their upbringing BUT this book is evidence of how resilient people are against enormous odds. I am astounded at how children manage to get through all that happens to them, the abuse and loveless way in which they are treated. I would recommend this book to anyone who has been through or experiencing tough times. You are left with a feeling of being blessed in your own circumstances. I have been inspired to work for people to be educated in how important it is to be aware of what your children are going through and how it will affect them and to find a positive way to give them the love and care that they need. My prayers are with this family and I salute Robert for putting his story on paper. Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: Wounded Souls (Kindle Edition)
I would recommend this to anyone. I know the author so I could be biased here, but it is a very good read. I wouldn't say it is enjoyable only because of some of the subject matter, but their is humour in the story along with the tragedy. Bob Turley tells his story well for a first time author and does not wallow in self pity. This book can be an inspiration, if you see what Bob Turley had to endure in his life and not go under then, it could help people turn thier lives around. The book is easy to read and although the grammer isn't always spot on, it should not distract the reader from the story that the author is trying to tell. Buy it and read it, it may help the reader put some of the more unhappier times in their own past into perspective.

5.0 out of 5 stars A most moving account., 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: Wounded Souls (Kindle Edition)
growing up in the same period as Robert gave the book an insight to the social history of the times which was good.
For me though this was another example of the amazing extents to which humans are are not only to cope with and in fact recover from.
many times during the read i was moved to tears and also found much to laugh out loud at.
This was a very special book that i would recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars wounded souls, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Wounded Souls (Kindle Edition)
the title of the book tells it all, Robert has taken me on a rollercoaster ride ,the horrific nightmare where it all began at such a young age, to the hardships and many battles that he and his brothers had to face on a daily basis . eventually accumilating in present day. through all this Robert has held a firm belief in alway helping others , never asking for anything in return and to walk a straight path ,when i would of so much easier to turn the other way, the hardships and utter destructive path this man has walked with his brothers is totally unbelievable and to come through the kind of man,father and grandfather he is now i can only commend ,

well done robert on truely life inspiring story and i wish you all the very best and happiness for the future

John

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly inspiring real life story. Great Book., 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: Wounded Souls: 1 (Paperback)
I have just recently read this epic story on the struggle of three brothers. The book really touches the reader and engages you in a dialect that is truly inspiring. As you read the book you find yourself not being able to put it down and almost feeling like you are part of this narrative. I highly recommend this book to all ages and a great novel.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Wounded Souls (Kindle Edition)
My husband went to the same school (Heath Road).
Because I could relate to a lot of what the author experienced (we were quite poor at the time) I feel so blessed that I had a loving family and did not have such harrowing experiences. As he said - There but for the Grace of God go I.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart wrenching, inspirational read, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Wounded Souls (Kindle Edition)
a very poignant telling of lives, shattered, battered but not broken. Brotherly love prevails through terrible adversity.
God Bless the Turleys

5.0 out of 5 stars p[erfect, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: Wounded Souls (Kindle Edition)
great just what I wanted all my friends like it, even the kids like it as I say great, perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Wounded Souls, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Wounded Souls (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book, wrote from the heart, this book had me in tears. I was brought up on the Wirral and have vague memories of those three little boys arriving in Britain, probably saw the picture in the paper and listened to the adults talking about it. So lovely the close bond with the brothers was so strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Wounded Souls (Kindle Edition)
Such a remarkable story of the terrible struggle of 3 brothers through the toughest times imaginable,
Life is sometimes hard for us all but when things get tough i will think about The Turley Brothers and realise how lucky i am x

Wounded Souls