Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 14 November 2012
My son and I love all of this range of'underpants' books by Claire Freedman, fun, rhyming, not to short...and not too long perfect bedtime reading. We have all of this range which started off with Aliens love Underpants a few years ago, my son is now 6 years old and is reading them now by himself and still enjoying them. They are fantastically illustrated with great humour.
We sure start off with the right ingredients - I mean who doesn't like pirates or underpants? But a clever premise does not necessarily make a good kid's picture book.

Here, we get the full monty. Clever rhymes, goofy bright drawings, a plot with a trick ending, and even an underwear centric moral. While never straying from the underwear theme we even get a lot of piratey stuff.

This is a fun read to and easily becomes a read with and later a read-alone. The rhymes are clever, but direct, so a youngster should be able to handle them fairly early on.

It's too bad R.L.S. didn't take the next step once he had created "longjohn" Silver.
on 5 August 2013
If you loved 'dinosaurs love underpants', then you'll love this book too..well my son does anyway and we love reading it to him. Brilliant book.
on 6 December 2012
Love this series of books - as does my 19month old. Have now bought all in the series! Love them
VINE VOICEon 25 October 2012
This is another great addition in the series of books about underpants. The pictures are bright and colourful and the text is easy to follow and has a nice rhyming feel to it. The story is funny when showing the different pants and the children I worked with loved what they did to the other pirates. I have all the other books in this series and this was a welcome new addition. Looking forward to the next one.
on 31 August 2014
SO my little boy loves the "Love Underpants" series and I get to read them to him quite a bit. This book is the last of the 3 (Dinosaurs, Aliens, Pirates) that we bought and the weakest.

Pluses: The illustrations are great and the story is fun

Minuses: The "flow" as you read the story isn't as strong, with some of the rhyming jarring a bit. My main bugbear though is that in the story the pirates steal something using a sneaky trick and are seen to get away with it. I know pirates are "naughty" but it occurred to me the other night (reading this for the umpteenth time), that this wasn't a nice or even mischievous message but just plain naughty As such it loses another star, taking it to 2.
on 1 July 2015
Not a great book, I bought lots in the series of underpants in one go and my 5 year old boy hasn't taken a shine to these like some other books (like the dinosaur which pooped a planet which he loves). I should have got one and gauged his reaction to it - hopefully his little sister will be more keen on these?

Slinky Malinky and Hairy Maclary are awesome childrens books, I would recommend you look at these instead
on 5 May 2014
I bought this to use with my reception class as we are doing a topic on pirates this term. It caused a lot of hilarity and has provided us with lots of fun activities. If you love the underpants books this is another great one to add to the collection.
The fun illustrations provide lots to talk about...as well as lots of jokes!
on 15 April 2015
I brought this for my niece and have read it to her several times already (this evening alone) kids seem to like the story (like a lot , a lot. Like "are we nearly there yet?" Level of annoying, a lot) and apparently pirates love underpants. Nice memories attached to this book and story now. Thank you authors!
on 17 April 2013
Leading on from Aliens love Underpants, of which my son had, this has more of a proper book feel to it. The story is sweet and the illustration is fantastic. The quality of the print as clean and crisp and its has a good flow to it. Cannot wait to get the rest of the series for my little man.