on 18 December 2014
I work in a lab which uses lights which give off wavelengths in the UV range which can be damaging to the eyes in the long-term. I was worried that the 'UV400' protection that these glasses advertise was perhaps not entirely accurate but I had them tested yesterday and these glasses block practically all light in the UV range. Very happy.
on 20 March 2013
Exactly as described. UV-visible absorption spectrum shows absorption starting at about 440 nm and becoming complete at 400 nm and below.

PS. I bought a second pair a few months later (same ASIN, same description) but it was from a different supplier. Astonishingly, it afforded absolutely no UV protection although it had a UV400 sticker! The UV/visible absorption spectrum showed transparency down to about 300 nm. After my complaint, the supplier very promptly sent me a replacement pair which was UV400 and cut off all radiation below 400 nm. So one should beware when buying this item. It is essential to check the UV/visible absorption spectrum oneself and not rely on the UV400 sticker or the Amazon description.
on 29 October 2015
I love these glasses, I get called "Clarke Kent" every time I wear these. They're a bit on the big side but they suit my round face because every other pair of glasses I wear, they look too small on my face because I have such a round and pudgy face :P but these glasses are my kinda thing!! I love them. I 100% recommend to everyone!
on 24 December 2013
I wear them when I go visiting other towns where I hate to bump into some people I hate to meet. Those glasses make me look like a stranger and nobody recognises me in them. So I have peaceful days shopping without distractions and returning home with shopping completed.
on 19 April 2013
Who needs a telephone box to transform into superman?? No honestly these are great and I only paid 99p for them. I bought one for our group who are doing a superhero midnight walk for Ty Hafan and they made everyone laugh ... such fun!
on 5 August 2015
If you like the nerd look these glasses are pretty unbeatable; they also work as sunglasses. I now get treated with respect everywhere I go & women fall over themselves to be near me.
on 3 May 2015
Clear glass which protected against UV brilliantly, frame was strong and slight flexible however after a while the hinges loosened (without coming loose/off)
on 30 November 2013
nice and sturdy if you want to be a nerdy. would certainly last on a night out on the town.
on 29 January 2015
They are to shiny to look like real glasses and I feel abit self conscious wearing them.
on 3 May 2015
Arrived early. Just what my daughter wanted and pretty good quality too.

See one answered question