on 28 April 2013
A beautifully crafted WWII thriller with an amazing story that embraces both the war and espionage genres and also has a strong romantic sub-plot. Wartime Paris must have been a very frightening place in 1940 with the Nazis about to invade and `In Pursuit of Platinum' makes you feel as if you are there facing the dangers and the uncertainty with Ben and Alena. I read it in two sessions and couldn't put it down. It moves along at a hot pace and I felt I was experiencing every step of their epic journey with them. What was particularly interesting was how the two main characters and their relationship developed and changed during the course of the story, and Alena came across to me as a very strong heroine. The `Shocking Secret' surprised me and left me wondering what the ramifications could be for us even today. For suspense, I rate it up with Ken Follett's `Eye Of The Needle' and Jack Higgins' `The Eagle Has Landed. It's great war fiction and I look forward to more.
on 18 November 2012
...and one that keeps your eyes transfixed on the pages as it twists and turns right to the very end. A bit like a Bond film - only this is in Kindle vision - In Pursuit of Platinum holds the reader's attention from start to finish. It also manages to capture what I would imagine (too young to know) the confusing and chaotic not to mention frightening atmosphere and environment during the war. Add to your reading list NOW!
on 1 October 2013
I enjoyed this book, the story is fast moving and full of unexpected twists and turns. I got to like the characters and was saddened when the book reached its conclusion. I will look out for more books by Vic Robbie.
on 25 April 2015
An astute and informed read. This mirrors many conventions of a Bond novel and it hits most criteria. There are some in depth explorations of the nature of the Second World War combined with action and intrigue. There are detailed historical concepts at the heart of this complex tale. Well worth a read.
on 18 January 2013
My first time with this author - and really enjoyed the style. Well developed characters that truly came alive in my mind. The pace of the story was good and the pursuit across Europe felt knowledgeable and well constructed.

Would recommend as a good read!
on 15 January 2014
This is the best novel I have read for some time. Excellent characterization and a rollercoaster plot. The author leads you through the story at a pace. I found it difficult to put the bok down I would recommend this to all who are lovers of this genre.
on 1 May 2014
A refreshingly unusual tale giving an insight to the impact on civilians during and after the taking of Paris by the Germans. I am usually a slow reader but this book was hard to put down. I hope to read more of Vic Robbie's books in the future.
on 3 October 2013
An excellent read. It is fast moving and atmospheric. It may be a little fanciful which prevents my giving it five stars but I enjoyed it from beginning to end and look forward to more from this author.
on 18 April 2013
Fabulous book, very descriptive, left nothing to the imagination, well researched, excellent story, I went the journey with them! Looking forward to the next one Vic .
on 7 May 2013
I rate. Vic Robbie's In Pursuit of Platinum 5 star for it's gripping quality and brilliant writing style,

It's Interesting historical and very believable details,
for the gripping suspense that Vic Robbie maintains right through to the end and afterwards.

A very enjoyable, entertaining and memorable read indeed,
The end calls out for a sequel.
I have highly recommended it to many of my family and friends.