4.0 out of 5 stars A high quality bit of home office kit
This is a classy, high-quality but not-quite-perfect bit of kit.

It comes boxes as a shiny, premium-quality product. The gloss black finish is very impressive and it even comes with a Swissvoice-embossed cleaning cloth- very swanky. It's got that Scandinavian design feel to it, sharp simple lines.

The operational use is just as good:
The sound...
Published 19 months ago by Mr. Stuart Bruce

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but replacing with a different unit
Published 15 months ago by ivanitch

4.0 out of 5 stars A high quality bit of home office kit, 29 April 2013
Mr. Stuart Bruce "DonQuibeats" (Cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Swissvoice BTouch Cordless DECT Telephone with Answer Machine/Bluetooth and Touchpanel - Black/Silver (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a classy, high-quality but not-quite-perfect bit of kit.

The operational use is just as good:
The sound quality is excellent, and the range from the base station to the handset is as good as I could test (it covers our entire house).
The handsfree options- on both the base unit and the handset- sound excellent.
The way in which your mobile's address book can be downloaded to it's memory so that all the names will show up via caller display if they call your landline is a great feature.
The sound quality on the answering machine is decent.
The handset display is bright and clear, without the unnecessary always-on clock that I've seen other phones have.
Some parts of the functionality work very well indeed- the way in which two mobile phones and the landline become neatly interchangeable is very neat, but I'm not sure how useful most people will find it. There's a definite convenience element to it and you may prefer holding the handset to holding your phone.

There are a few little issues which stop it being a total joy though:
For example, scrolling through the address book on the base unit is a tedious experience.
The manual is less intuitive than the phone, and makes using the phone look like it's going to be much more complicated than it actually is- you're better off just pressing buttons until the thing that you want to happen happens.
The handset itself is a shape that's slightly hard to get used to, as it just feels slightly too long- any phone that's that big should bend at least a little bit, to acknowledge that very few people's faces are absolute squares.
The handset's touch-sensitive panel (no actual buttons) is not quite as responsive as I would have liked.

Overall this will make a great product for your home office, and it certainly looks the business. For sheer techno-joy though it doesn't quite score 100%.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but replacing with a different unit, 12 Sep 2013
All the specs looked good to replace my old Panasonic TCD240. The main feature I wanted was a keypad on the base unit, while still being compact enough not to take up too much space on my desk. However, after using it for 3.5 months I am now replacing it with Panasonic's latest equivalent of the TCD240. It may not look as fancy, nor have a screen on the base unit, but I find the BTouch has too many compromises. It has no speed dial buttons which I use a lot, the touch pad is something I don't like as I find buttons better, it is not as intuitive or as easy to live with as the Panny. One of the more annoying features is with the base unit - with my less than perfect eyesight, it would be nice if the keypad on the base lit up, but it doesn't and I find some of the controls (other than the numbers) far too hard to see and use. While the Bluetooth is nice to use, overall it isn't that great to live with. I will move it to another line that doesn't get used that much (primarily for the Bluetooth function), which has an old TCD240 on (and which my aging eyesight finds hard to use), but as a main phone.....caveat emptor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice build quality but poor ergonomics, 23 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great sound quality too. Easy to set up with mobiles. But a big problem is that the buttons are so sensitive i keep cutting myself off as some part of my hand or face accidentally touches a button. I better try hands free! Also seems to be hard to get extra handset for this phone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but flawed, 3 Jan 2013
A quick update after using this item for a few months. I'm not so sure I would recommend it as strongly:
* The phone book is a pain to use - there's no quick way to search or even jump to an entry. You can't just press the first letter of a name, you must (laboriously) enter three letters. But then you can't enter any more, which means scrolling through a long list of names. The phone book is also limited in capacity (about 500 numbers) which meant I had to prune my iPhone address book
* The base unit microphone is apparently not very good quality - callers complained they couldn't hear me when I was using the base unit speakerphone. The speakerphone on the handset is fine though, but that defeats half of the point of the unit
* There doesn't seem to be a way to transfer a mobile call to the unit's Bluetooth if you start the call on the mobile phone
* If you make a regular call on the mobile phone, the unit seems to try to "grab" the connection using Bluetooth, meaning the call drops out for a couple of seconds every minute or two
* If there's a power outage even for a fraction of a second, the date/time setting is lost

~~~~~~
Original review:-

I found this by chance after looking for a good home office phone. The BTouch has the main things I wanted: desktop speakerphone with keypad for conference calls, cordless handset to take those calls around the house. It has much more than that... the Bluetooth integrates very cleanly with up to two mobiles, with full hands-free profile and address book sync. That means you can download your smartphone address book direct into the BTouch. Unlike many DECT phones, the address book is fully synced between the base unit and the handset. Alternatively you can have one mobile plus one bluetooth headset (I haven't tried this combo). Another advantage for me (in a weak mobile signal area) is that I can leave the mobile near the window and get much better quality calls.

The unit itself is very stylish and looks and feels high quality - almost iPhone like with aluminium and touch-sensitive keys. The range of the cordless handset seems very good -- it worked far out into the garden, beyond the range of my other DECT phone. Both the base and handset have speakerphones, and both are good quality. You can make and receive calls on any of the landline or two mobiles, and conference them together. Unlike some other units I saw, you can swap calls between the base and handset by using the hold button.

Only negatives are that a few of the functions are a little fiddly to use - I still haven't quite worked out all of them. And accessing/searching the address book is a little slower than you would normally manage on a smartphone. Overall, strongly recommended if you want to combine mobile and landline on one device with desktop and cordless.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit on the large size..., 23 May 2013
Coffee & Vanilla "Margot" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
HANDSET

- Good reception when away from base.
- Although it's a bit on the large size (approx 200mm × 40mm × 16mm), good balance and comfortable enough to use for a lengthy phone call.
- Touch controls are overly sensitive, it's very easy to accidentally activate. My ear/face will nearly always mute the phone during a call.
- It seems to keep the charge for longer than previous handsets in my household.

BASE-STATION

- Speaker phone has good volume whilst remaining clear.
- Being able to pair bluetooth phones is easy and a great feature.
- intuitive enough for me not to have had a look at the user manual, not even sure where it is.
- You will need some space as the base-station is wide(250mm × 90mm × 55mm).
- As others mentioned; while it can store 6000 contacts (4 different phonebooks-1500 contacts each) the phone book is not as responsive as you would like, it's way too slow.

Overall I like this phone, and I have gone through quite a few DECT phones. Reception and battery life is the best I've experienced so far, however it misses 5 stars because of its size (both handset and base station) and the overly sensitive touch controls.

3.0 out of 5 stars Style over function; looks fab but irritating experience, 14 May 2013
LJD (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Length:: 3:02 Mins

It looks very nice. My initial reaction was that this was a 5-star product. Lovely design, a bit fiddly but ostensibly usable, and great desk speakerphone function.

The controls are very granular - you can set the base unit and handset ringtones and volume independently.

However, I have found some things annoying:

- There aren't separate physical keys, it's just one large touch surface. Now, aesthetically, it looks fantastic but it means you always have to look at the 'buttons'; you can't rely on your muscle-memory to do things quickly.

- I also found I kept pressing 'buttons' by accident, especially whilst handling the handset. Just by holding the handset. I kept hanging up on calls by accident 😡

- Whilst the handset is light, it is a perhaps a tad too long; roughly 1.75 times the height of my iPhone 4. (It's thin - reminds me if a Bang & Olufsen telephone)

- I have managed to pair my iPhone to it. Now, when I get missed calls, it shows up on the base unit, which SEEMS like it COULD be useful. But the overall user-interface still cumbersome and frustrating. Maybe if you're the kind of person who enjoys reading manuals, you can get your head around it.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 28 April 2013
Mr. Pj Williams (cardiff uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I needed a new phone and this came just in time. plus as a non mobile phone user ( the last free man on earth) I find an answer machine handy and it comes with one. Also being a bloke I like to see how far I can get without having to read instructions before I either break it...or it breaks me. well its all very intuative for the basics, it was plug and play set up and it was all very easy to follow and I made a test call and nothing went bang

my only issues are its touch sensitive so be careful when you put it down you dont accidently ring someone, and it tends to get a bi ear printy very quickly so you have to keep teh cloth it comes with to hand. other than that its stylish, keeps its charge for ages, and very easy to navigate, including the answer machine.

love it, so glad I no longer have to run to teh other phone in the house when the handset dies on my old phone

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice featured touchpanel phone, 22 April 2013
Paul B "-pb-" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This DECT phone from Swissvoice comes with with bluetooth and touchpanel technology and a flat touchpanel on the base so that you can take and make calls without the handset.

Using Bluetooth, you can manage all your calls on a single telephone, taking calls from both mobile and landline while leaving your actual mobile handset to charge or putting it somewhere where there is a better signal in low signal areas or homes with blackspots (like mine).

In addition there's a built in 25 minute anwerphone that you can set to take messages of varying lengths, which is useful to limit length of each message in order to store more messages.

In the box there is the base unit, made to look as sleek as possible using one long piece of shiny black plastic and containing a small screen, touch keypad and volume controls. The base until has two sockets; one for power and one for the phone line (some phones now come with both in one). The handset is made in a similar design, as one long, sleek and smooth glass-like panel, similar to a smartphone but much longer and thinner. The touchscreen keys are easy to use and spaced nicely, though obviously you don't get the same tactile feedback from them.

The handset takes a special rechargable battery, worth noting if it needs changing later, as it will require a special order. The battery requires charging for around 16 hours to get to full power the first time its used, so you'll need to wait this long before putting in numbers or using the phone for the first time.

Both screens are monochrome but the 7 line display is clear and the base until has some nice graphics to show when a call or message has been left, also giving the number of calls and messages received. Having a monochrome screen rather than colour means that the handset can last longer without recharging.

The handset lets you copy over 1,500 contacts from your mobile phones, which are stored in a separate section of the phone book. Annoyingly, there doesn't seem to be a way of copying these over to the phone's main phonebook, but it's easy enough to choose one or the other when scrolling through names, even though the handset defaults to the phone's own phonebook using the quick keys. The only thing I'd have liked to have seen would be a way to copy names and numbers from other phones or to have a better way to input these, as it's a little fiddly when you have 100 or so to enter.

General use is pleasant, but there are some odd decisions in navigating through the menus on the base unit that make finding a number to dial slightly more awkward than it should be. The handset is easier, using the same quick find for contacts as most smartphones. Voice is very clear, as with other DECT phones I've used, and really benefits from the digital signal.

Overall, the Swissvoice is a nice looking phone with some useful features for both business and those looking for a handset free option. It looks equally good in the hallway or on a desk.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is the worse phone I ever ever, 30 July 2014
This is the worse phone I ever ever... ever bought.

As soon as you slightly touch the beast (hence its "BTouch" name?), with any part of your hand or even your cheek or ear, the bloody thing reacts. Basically, the whole front surface is a hyper-sensitive touch screen, so that even when you simply hold it in your hand, you very often mistakenly end up muting the microphone, or hanging up, or updating the address book, or..., or...

How such a crappy piece of engineering got through basic usability tests and ended up as a product is a complete mystery to me. Having been trained as an engineer in Switzerland myself, I can tell you this is lousy engineering and a total shame for the Swiss engineering community.

You have been warned: don't buy that crap!

3.0 out of 5 stars Has some great features including bluetooth, but a bit intermitant to use all the time, 4 Sep 2014
Ordered a range of telephone to test and find the best one. Went for the Swissvoice in the end.

Found this phone didn't perform as expected, especially with the Bluetooth function. The touchpad was not as responsive as I'd hoped and overall found this phone more involved to setup. Also the phone didn't feel great against the face when compared to the swissvoice.