4.0 out of 5 stars Just about makes the cut.
Purchased to replace a cheaper shredder that gave up the ghost.

After one heavy evening's use I'd make the following observations:

Capacity - I don't think this will reliably cut 10 sheets of all tyupes of paper. Maybe for thinner paper, but on the occasional thicker document there was a noticable slow down.

Build Quality - Seems very...
Published 8 months ago by Dave

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published 18 months ago by P. Hammond

4.0 out of 5 stars Just about makes the cut., 14 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Fellowes Powershred 60Cs Cross-Cut Personal Shredder with Safesense Technology (Office Product)
Purchased to replace a cheaper shredder that gave up the ghost.

After one heavy evening's use I'd make the following observations:

Build Quality - Seems very good. It is a solid thing and I don't imagine it will fall apart.

Cut - as stated, thin strips around 5cm long, and a about half a centimetre wide. Just remember not to tip them into the dustbin on a windy day.

Speed - for a catch up on shredding 10 pages at a time makes it a long job, suitable for a night infront of the tv, but for ongoing use this is plenty fast enough.

Design - This model is emptied by removing the top of the shredder, containing the motor and blades, and emptying the bin beneath. This is difficult to do without any spillage, as recent cuts will be stuck to the blades and float off when you lift the lid. My previous (broke) shredder had a bin that could be removed with the blades in place, that seemed a little tidier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent size combined with power, 17 April 2013
Slurms McKenzie (The middle of England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a much more realistic size of shredder for the average home, or home office, than some Fellowes products; it can fit in a nice corner under a desk but more importantly it still has the good features like a big bin, safesense technology and it shreds effectively, powerfully and quickly. It wouldn`t upset me if they found a way to keep the noise but down but everything else is great!

4.0 out of 5 stars So many to choose from, 19 Mar. 2014
How do you choose from the vast array of shredders available - even from one supplier? Well this one is even better than the last one which lasted 3 years and would have lasted even longer had I used the Fellowes Shredder Oil more regularly

4.0 out of 5 stars No home should be without a shredder, 24 Mar. 2013
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My previous strip cut shredder recently gave up the ghost after a long and happy life, so I was pleased to have the opportunity to give this shreddder a try.

A mammoth sized box turned up marked "Heavy", which it was, but not so much that you needed a manual handling course to carry it through to my garage. After removing all packaging I was left with 2 pieces, the bin and the lid/shredder. It was simple to assemble, just put one on top of the other and plug it in.

Next test was 'can it take the promised 10 sheets'. I happened to have a stack of invoices printed on some cheap, thin, eco-paper, so I bundled 10 together and fed it in. It crawled through at a snails pace and I was betting that it would jam, but true to its word it went through. Generally, I don't trust the manufacturers stated capacity and wouldn't expect this to last long if I kept feeding it 10 sheets. I went with 5 sheets of average thickness paper and this sailed through without protest.

Next test was an old credit cards and an RAC membership card, some paper with staples and just for good measure a few sheets bundled with a small paper clip. The blades just chewed them up and spat out bits, so no complaints there.

Last test was the safety cut out. Feed in a few sheets and touch the feed slot and it stopped as would be expected. For me the cut-out wasn't necessary, there is no way I am going to get my stubby fingers near the blade, but this is essential if you have small children who may be able to get access to the shredder and experiment.

The paper shreds down to advertised size of 4x50mm which is more than enough to prevent ID theft and far better than a strip cut. The only level better than this is micro-cut or fire!

The bin is a good size with a little window for you to see if the bin needs emptying. The motor is a bit noisier compared to my old strip cut shredder, but quieter than some cross-cuts I have used. The motor is a bit weighty making it top-heavy, but it is fairly stable and not likely to tip over.

A good quality shredder that doesn't look likely to fall apart with small home office use. Currently this is selling for 75GBP though I think it should be more around the 60GBP mark. However, you do get a 2 year machine warranty and a 5 year cutter warranty - of course the proof of that pudding will be in the eating.

EDIT: I have now had this for a month and it has been in use almost every day as I am clearing out old invoices. I generally don't check the bin, but had cause to today. I noticed that on some occasions the cross cut didn't quite make it through, so there were the occasional strips. Some of the thinner receipts I had have been going through and clogging into the blades, so this may be the cause of the problem. Might be worth periodically clearing out and clogging - making sure you power off first.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 6 Jan. 2014
P. Hammond (Chelmsford UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this based upon some good reviews and also it's stated performance. I am very disappointed with this shredder as it does not match the stated performance by any stretch of the imagination. The SafeSense Technology is a nightmare and is far too sensitive causing the shredder to stop/start whilst shredding. The shredder struggles to shred 6 sheets of my bank statement which is way below the optimum 10 sheets. Also if the paper jams the reverse function often fails to work so it is a real struggle to free the paper and get it through.

I am afraid that it is highly likely that this shredder will be going back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Strong shredder, 19 April 2013
R. Patel "Bush4ever" (Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used Fellowes Shredders before and this one is very good. Like other models it is robust. I remember in the past others were not as good, but this one is a good size and robust. It shreds up to 10 sheets, however, to be realistic you probably go for 8 as I did find I need to reverse and forward again to shred it successfully. It tends to take a few more goes with certain types of heavier quality paper.

It is a decent size and doesn't take up much room. It has safesense technology, so my children can pass time and shred as well. So, gives them something to do on a weekend.
Overall, a good quality shredder and Fellowes are a decent company and tend to resolve issues in a timely manner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Monster munch, 17 Jun. 2013
Way better than the last one. It just cruises through two or three sheets and munched a wad of bank statements. The more you feed it the slower it goes so there is no need to push it to the limit all the time. Then take the top of and tip the shreddings into your compost bin (if you have one). Because the top lifts off it's easy to check that it's clean. If you want to shred a lot then leave it on standby and shred a few every time you pass - that way it gets a chance to cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars AT LAST A SHREDDER FIT FOR THE JOB!!, 4 Jun. 2015
I think this is fabulous! My precious Rexel shredder is a total pain in the butt even though it wasn't a little Micky mouse model! I'd do some shredding and very quickly it was cut out and I'd have to wait for ages for it to reset. I had a massive bag of old statements that needed shredding and I've been put off doing it because it is such a palaver until now. I saw this on QVC for about £60 approx plus around £7 p&p and thought it looked good but wanted to see if I could get a better price. It looked really good in the video munching through loads of paperwork with ease so when I found the exact same model in Amazon Warehouse for £32.01 I thought I'm going to have that.
Admittedly the box was a little battered and bruised and taped up but the shredder itself was in perfect new condition and I no longer have a big bag of shredding to do because I did it all without it cutting out once! The box is now in the recycling bin and I've saved myself £27.98 off Amazon's normal price of £59.99 - I am very happy :-)
The shredder shreds very quickly chopping the pages into little tiny bits. It is slower if you shred more pages but I think this is brilliant! My old Rexel one is now in the bin where it deserves to be.

2.0 out of 5 stars Next to useless! Very disappointed - overheats and cannot handle even 2 sheets at a time., 14 Jan. 2015
Useless!!
After about 2 weeks use it now jams and overheats after only 5-10 minutes. Cannot handle anymore than 2 sheets at once so back to using only 1 sheet at a time sparingly when it says it can take up to 10!
This is only thin A4 without staples as we print off often for our small business.
It's as if the motor isn't up to the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit top heavy., 12 Mar. 2014
Good shredder with adequate capacity but have knocked it over a few times as it is top heavy. But does the job.