4.0 out of 5 stars DVD Projector
Published 20 months ago by Mr. Michael Galvin

3.0 out of 5 stars Home DVD projector
Published 16 months ago by Stuart Harrison

3.0 out of 5 stars Home DVD projector, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Koolertron Home Theater DVD Projector With TV Receiver PAL NTSC SECAM SD MMC USB (Red) (Electronics)
I read some reviews of this product prior to buying as I was concerned about the quality due to low price. All the review seemed to sing its praise - so I went for it. However, I was a little disappointed. The product does work and gives a good sized picture, but the image is not as clear as I would like - probably what I should expect considering the price - but after reading reviews - I was led to expect something better.
The image is only visible if no other light in the room - even curtains closed in the daytime - unless full black outs, would not enable to image to be seen clearly. So - I can only use after dark (or else buy black out blinds).
I would recommend this if you want a way of showing DVD's for children or with a youth group - so long as you use at night or can block the daylight. It is not suitable for daytime use or presentations etc where viewers would want light to see for taking notes / watching speaker etc.
I hope this helps. For many, this would still be a great purchase - but I wanted to write a review as I felt the other reviews at the time of my purchase misinformed me.

4.0 out of 5 stars DVD Projector, 17 Jan 2013
Mr. Michael Galvin (SOUTHAMPTON UK) - See all my reviews
Arrived in well packed condition plays most disks inc CD,VCD, and DVDs, plug and play digi cameras (SD) but any movie files failed to show, 81 plus 24pp, the front phono sockets cater for VCRs ECT..but the only drawback is the sound system built in speakers a bit low ...this can be overcome with a PC speaker system fitted with a 13amp plug (mains) and a 3.5 sterio jack which can be plugged in to the headphone socket as well as a fitted amp as I tried a usb pair but the volume was no better so as said a unit with volume controls would be better
Also a clearer pic can be obtained with a proper 2nd hand cine screen.Projection from 2mtres gives the max size about 6ft X 4ft a darkend room would be best. A TV analoge ae is included but now we are DIGITAL not much use, this is where the front phono sockets can come in handy, with a digi box this should overcome the problem but I do recomend an amplified sound sys.
Mike.g

5.0 out of 5 stars Best price ever!, 13 April 2014
I now have two of these projectors which I use for displaying art at events, they are wonderful. Yes, they feel slightly cheap and the light throw distance isn't very far BUT it's competitors are all a massive jump in price so this little unit is just fabulous for me! It's extremely light and portable with really easy set up. I imagine it working just fine at home as well. Don't exact super sharp, HD style pictures and you'll love this little projector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 11 Nov 2013
I am proud of my investment on this product. Cost was good and it work without a problem. Will recommend this product to all.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit like the curate's egg!, 3 Dec 2013
Pros - sturdy construction, good picture, AV inputs work.
Cons - usb/sd card inputs don't work, cd player doesn't work.

I have given the unit 3 stars because i have managed to use the AV inputs with an esync converter (see all my reviews) from the HDMI port on my laptop so now I can use the projector with my TV and now my laptop and play the sound via the unit's headphone socket through my hi-fi system.

3.0 out of 5 stars good at this price, 24 Feb 2013
this item feels very flimsy
but on a good sreen shows an ok picture but sound is awfull and took some searching to find a sound system to boost the sound.
on the good side is that at this price it works ok

2.0 out of 5 stars Annoying, 19 July 2013
The one I bought was faulty. It would cut out in the middle of the film so I returned it and was given a full refund.