4.0 out of 5 stars All I expected it to be!!!!
Published on 14 July 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars the linden walk
This was the first of these books I had read. (Chosen by my book group.) I found it very hard going and although the story took off it wasn't until the last 3rd. Maybe its because I didn't care enough about the characters as I had not read the previous books. Still not one I would recommend.
Published on 21 April 2008 by A. Daughtery

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars All I expected it to be!!!!, 14 July 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Linden Walk (Hardcover)
I'm a huge fan of Elizabeth Elgin and had this book pre-ordered. I was not disappointed. If, like me, you read the previous four books about the Suttons, like me, you'll have wondered what happened to them after the war. This book answers all your questions. I read it in a day and a half. I just couldn't put it down. All the original charactors are there and when you finish you have a feeling of satisfaction about them that was missing at the end of the last book. Everyone wondered what happened between Drew and Lyn and you find out here in detail. It really is their story. It is a stand alone book but it's better if you have read the previous ones. What joy is ahead of you if you have yet to read these novels. I envy you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 9 Nov. 2005
This review is from: The Linden Walk (Paperback)
Say it isn't so! This can't be the last book about the Sutton clan! I loved "The Linden Walk" and finding out what happened to them all after the war was over. If you're new to this particular author, you've got to go and order all of the books! Here they are in order, 1.I'll Bring You Buttercups 2.Daisychain Summer 3.Where Bluebells Chime 4.Windflower Wedding 5.The Linden Walk These books span 2 generations from WWI-WWII. Fair warning though,once you read the first installment you will, like the rest of us,want to read this entire series! ENJOY!! I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read..., 8 Oct. 2004
This review is from: The Linden Walk (Hardcover)
I have to admit that I am a huge fan of Elizabeth Elgin, and particularly a fan of the Suttons, so when I found out this book was being published was over the moon. It is an absolutely fantastic read; if Windflower Wedding was Daisy and Keth's book then this is undoubtedly Drew and Lyn's. It ties up all of the questions that were left at the end of Windflower Wedding beautifully well, and I couldn't put it down (literally, and to the detriment of my sleep pattern!). If Elgin decides to continue this series then I will be first in the queue for the next book; in fact, I hope that she does. That said, I doubt that there will be any more Sutton books because all the loose ends have be so wonderfully dealt with in The Linden Walk.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book of a beautifully written series..., 5 Jun. 2006
This review is from: The Linden Walk (Paperback)
I have read all of the 'Sutton' books...And was so happy when Elizabeth Elgin published 'Linden Walk' as 'Windflower Wedding' did leave us on a bit of a cliff-hanger!

It is definitely the best book of the series, although the previous four are well worth reading! This story picks up where 'Windflower Wedding' left off, finally letting us know what happened to the Clan after WW2.

I'm so glad that my mother recomended my reading this series...They are all so beautifully written, and the characters are unforgettable...

Once you have started reading 'Linden Walk' you can't put it down, and then when you've finished it, you just have to read it again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 9 Dec. 2004
M. E. Newell (Georgia, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Linden Walk (Paperback)
"The Linden Walk" by Elizabeth Elgin is a great book. This is the fifth book in the "Suttons of Yorkshire series" this book focus on the younger generation, who have survived World War 2 and now are trying to rebuild thiers live. This book had to be the best Elizabeth Elgin book yet! As always, the characters are rich and bold and Ms. Elgin keeps the reader interest and makes them want to read more. "The Linden Walk" should not be missed!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Linden Walk, 4 April 2008
Bookworm (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Linden Walk (Paperback)
I was thrilled to see that Elizabeth Elgin had written a fifth book about the Sutton family and friends. I had read all her previous novels, but the Sutton ones are particular favourites. As with her other books her narrative and descriptions of the characters make it easy to read and to follow the plot. The characters are vividly described and the settings just leap from the page into my imagination. This book followed the new generation of Suttons growing up in the aftermath of WW2. What a shame there won't be any more as I was sad to read that Elizabeth Elgin died in 2005. Her books will be sorely missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 17 Sept. 2012
G. LOCKWOOD (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Linden Walk (Paperback)
I bought this book so that I could bring the series to a conclusion, imagine my surprise when I realized there were some pages missing at the end. Amazon were fantastic in their response. Within 2 days of my email to them I had received a replacement with full instructions for the return of the faulty book. I was able to finish my reading of a very enjoyable and invaluable end to the story. Would recommend this series, 5 books in total, to anyone who enjoys a timeless love story. Also the wonderful service by Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic, 9 Mar. 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: The Linden Walk (Paperback)
I could not believe my eyes in a bookshop when I spotted Elizabeth Elgins 5th book on the "Sutton" family, hopefully there will be another book to follow now that Julia`s clan have had babies a whole new generation!!You gotta get these books but please get them in the right order as I read the second book first...Fingers crossed for a new book on the clan

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 4 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Linden Walk (Kindle Edition)
A brilliant end to a great family saga. Have read all these books several times and enjoyed them just as much with each reading. It's like loosing a friend now the series has ended but great to see all the loose ends tied up

5.0 out of 5 stars The series, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Linden Walk (Kindle Edition)
I have all of Ms. Elgins books in paper back and I now want them all on my kindle. These books are the type of stories I can pick up any time and read them again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›