5.0 out of 5 stars A powerful antidote to the modern and ancient culture of spin, 15 Oct 2006
Straight and Crooked Thinking is a well written and invaluable tool when challenging a politician's spin, a religious activist's preachings or a corporations excuses about its mediocre service - in fact in any situation where one has the feeling that the subject is being disingenuous, plainly dishonest and/or illogical. Exposing the fallacies in a proponents arguments gets results, so if you want to formulate a solid and HONEST argument based upon FACTS, and not fiction, I'd strongly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight and Crooked Thinking, 24 Oct 2009
Dr. S. Tollerton "Sigrun" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This book should be part of the school curriculum! It teaches you most of all how to clear away the emotionally charged clutter in written and spoken English and get down to the real message. It helps you avoid con tricks and crafty advertising and salesmen. I read it first when I was 16 doing A-levels. I lost track of the original copy, so I bought this one, partly for reference and partly to lend to other people who I think need to read it. That means most of my friends! I wish it was still in print!

Straight and Crooked Thinking
Straight and Crooked Thinking by Robert Henry Thouless (Paperback - 29 April 2011)
Used & New from: 9.99