5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring
Honest and funny, a real man's tale of a real adventure, makes you want to pack your own bags and leave tomorrow.
Published 14 months ago by michael hadfield

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read
I quite enjoyed reading this book and learning all about the author's ups and downs as he travelled the world teaching English. I would have given it a 4 star rating had there not been so many errors throughout the text. I don't think it has been proof-read, and all the mistakes tended to detract from the story. Is it possible to correct these errors?
Published 16 months ago by Bumble

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Teaching English in a Foreign Land: Travel Adventures of a TEFL Teacher (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 9 July 2014
An enjoyable read humorously wrote from the heart .A must if your thinking of traveling alone around the world backpacking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 29 April 2014
Barry did the trip I was too chicken to ever do. I really loved the personal experiences and descriptions of his surroundings. You really feel like your travelling with him. Definitely recommend this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Story, 27 April 2014
I initially rated it a 5 because it's a n excellent first book to write and I confess to much sentimentality - listening to a conversation between our intrepid traveller and his friend from Watford (where I currently reside), in the very bar I met my wife. I have also been to several of the other places covered so it is good to get another perspective.

I think it is more about travelling than teaching although both are covered equally and I have often discussed the possibility of teaching abroad with a friend.

Highly recommended 4.5

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hilarious Reflective Piece, 15 Jan 2014
When looking at the old font of the book cover, I felt sceptical. When looking at the sample pages, I also felt unsure as I was just looking for the part on Asia. But what Barry writes about his experiences at the beginning seem and feel pretty authentic. Furthermore, he is a Londoner, like myself, and reminds me of my own friends. So reading his words are like connecting to my own friends as I never live in London, like him. When I did reach about his adventures in Asia, I was completely into it. It wasn't just the honesty, but it was the particular moments that he chose to write about. It is as though he knows what the reader wants while keeping authentic. I believe that none of his writing is based on any lying, but I would like to talk to Barry to find out how in the world he managed to write this book and keep it so coherent despite being so lagged and drunk. This book is not about that, but you have to buy it to find out. The price is cheap and if you are from London, it is a bonus to get it. You won't stop laughing. Cheers MR BARRY.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 24 Dec 2013
An engaging read that takes you on an adventure! It is written well and the personal style makes it very easy to relate to Barry. If you are considering teaching English abroad, read this book to set your mind in the right direction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 14 Oct 2013
Loved this all the way through. It gives a view from a guys perspective the challenges he faced and a few tips along the way. Honestly has made me want to pack y bags and go. Only a good read if you are interested in adventure and teaching along the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars very entertaining, 23 Sep 2013
I came across this book whilst browsing on line and Im so glad I gave it a try. Its an honest , sometimes funny account of the authors time spent teaching abroad whilst travelling. I really enjoyed it.. Theres a lot more travel in the book than I expected and some of the characters we meet along the way add to the overall flavour of the book . Some of the schools he taught in were very different to our schools and it made pleasant and informative reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read., 4 Sep 2013
I finished this book in a couple of days, it was such an enjoyable read. Barry has written an honest and engaging book about TEFL but also about traveling in general. It is funny, open and inspiring. TEFL teachers and travellers alike should give it a read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Teaching English as a foreign language, 11 Aug 2013
Jeanlyn "Jeanlyn" (Shropshire England) - See all my reviews
I stumbled on this by chance but found it interesting and read the whole thing. I was surprised that a teacher could hop from one job to another with little notice.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›