on 16 December 2010
Ok so I went to see 'Scott Pilgrim...' during the Summer and I have to say it was/is one of the best films I have seen all year and I can not wait for the DVD release on the 27th of Dec (why release it AFTER christmas...)!
But this soundtrack, I have to say is so cool and retro at the same time! There are so many tracks on here, (it is best kinda mentioning that this soundtrack works really well on stereo, but better on headphones!) it starts with the brilliant 8-bit Universal Theme from the film and then straight into the film.
I think I class the soundtrack as an album on its own, Nigel Godrich has made a 80/early 90's gamers wet dream with some tracks here, a LOT of refs to Zelda throughout it and then there is some hard tracks like 'Roxy' which I love so much! Then there is Becks involvment with a few tracks too, 'Katayanagi Twins Vs. Sex Bob-Omb' which is Becks other version of 'Threshold' which is an epic track on its own.

'Aftermath' and 'Bye and Stuff' end the album so well as you can see the ending in your mind with these two tracks. Then there is the last three tracks which are remixes (I didnt know they are from youtube as other reviewer has said), they are brilliant too!

OMG :-O buy this album as soon as you can, do not buy single tracks as the album/soundtrack is so cheap here! Although I really want a hard copy of this now so i will have to keep an eye out for one.

Also do invest in the other soundtrack too, it has more of the bands tracks that are played in the film, which is a little 90's rock band with a twist, and if you are a fan of Boards of Canada as I am, I can not recommend this (and the other one too) enough!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 7 September 2010
This is one of the best scores I have ever heard. It has a mixture of comedy and awsomeness. It starts with the best universal theme I have ever heard and ends with the audio from the Scott Pilgrim remixes on Youtube. Amoung the best bits are Slick, The Grind, Bass Battle, Death to all Hipsters and the awsome remixes. All in all, it is epic a totally worth buying.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again