5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely house, excellent value for money
I spent some time looking at a variety of different wooden advent calendars and this one appeared to be excellent value for money. Having now received the house and seen some of the other options in the "flesh", my opinion has only been reinforced.

Published 10 months ago by AMCheetham

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality.
This is very poor quality.
Mine arrived chipped in places, and some of the doors hanging off.
I did email the company, which I had to email photos. Then I had to post it back too then myself, and as it took a while to arrive, I didn't want my son too miss out.
Published 7 months ago by beckep28

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely house, excellent value for money, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Wooden House Christmas Advent Calendar

It's a lovely little house, very attractive and seems to be well made. The drawers are mostly interchangeable so if you don't want them to be in numerical order, you can change them around to make it harder to find the right drawer. The drawers are pretty small but with a bit of imagination and hunting around it's possible to find quite a few little things that will fit - flexibility is your friend! I've probably had even more fun finding things to put in the drawers than my (almost 3 year old) daughter will get from opening them. I hope that it will become an annual treat both for me filling it and my daughter opening it, as she grows up.

To give an idea of the kinds of things that will fit, I've filled just over half the drawers so far with the following items: Small stretchy animals, a few stickers rolled up, balloons, a little elastic bead bracelet, one of those sticky toys that you throw at a window and it "walks" down, a (very) little jumping plastic spider, a pair of magnetic frogs, and a few other things that are hard to describe! Some of these things appear more than once. Standard sized marbles will fit too, though I haven't tried them. Most of the remaining drawers will probably end up with a few chocolate buttons, mini jelly babies, jelly beans, etc, in a twist of tissue paper.

All in all, though it's a lot more expensive than a standard chocolate advent calendar, it's also a lot more fun and an attractive decoration in its own right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: Wooden House Christmas Advent Calendar
Think I've had as much fun filling it as my little girl will have opening the doors! She loves it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality., 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Wooden House Christmas Advent Calendar
This is very poor quality.
Mine arrived chipped in places, and some of the doors hanging off.
My husband had a look, to sort out some of the doors, and the reason they are so flimsy, is because it us only cocktail sticks holding it in place.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect advent, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: Wooden House Christmas Advent Calendar
bought this for my great granddaughter and she loves it a good countdown to Christmas will be back to buy more for next year family expanding

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Wooden House Christmas Advent Calendar
The Advent house is made to a terrible standard, the bottom has fallen off, there are patches where it has not been painted properly and number 5 is upside down, do not purchase, for the money it was a terrible buy.

Wooden House Christmas Advent Calendar