5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!
After deciding that I was put on this earth to do more than line my Director's pockets each month, I decided to look at alternative career options and the joining the Police seemed like a viable alternative to my current mundane 9-6 existence. I purchased this book to gain a brief insight into what life as a Police Officer would entail.

The book is brilliant,...
Published 14 months ago by Lucky Star

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative and interesting
Slightly jokey but fundamentally serious and probably accurate book about what it is really like in the police force. Rather poor proof reading though with quite a few typos -fixing these would be easy and make it seem much more professional.
Published on 21 Oct. 2012 by Helen

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!, 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: I Pay Your Wages! A Beginners Guide to the Police Service 2014 (Kindle Edition)

The book is brilliant, not only due to its broad yet succinct overview of life as an Officer but the author 'PC Surname' literally had me laughing out loud to myself on many occasions; a feat attempted but not often accomplished by writers.

I can absolutely, wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone even remotely interested in the Police, whether this be for career insight or simply for learning more about what Police Officers get up to on duty.

Reading a book written by someone who is clearly a highly intelligent and articulate Officer has really inspired me to look further into beginning a career with the Police and if I do enrol and we ever cross paths, the beers are on me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, funny and informative, 3 Sept. 2012
Great book which is easy to read and understand and gives an honest view/insight on joining the police.

A must read for any one interested in becoming a copper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent insight!!!, 11 May 2013
I don't need an insight of what the job is about as i live it myself. However this is one of the most accurate books about the 'job' I have ever read. Great for people thinking about joining and for those already in. Everyone will read PC Surname's accounts and laugh out loud as they themselves can relate to the 'Chavington Manor Estate' and the 'Trollchild' family!!

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting incite, 9 Feb. 2013
Good narrative, I found it easy to read. The stories areinteresting as is the overall picture of the police and what they do.

5.0 out of 5 stars good to hear, 12 Sept. 2014
It is always good to read informed, front lint accounts of how we are policed. PC Surname repeatedly speaks of cut backs and financial difficulties affecting the modern Police Service. It is a shame that these cut backs are not reflected in bankers bonuses, but there we are. I wonder if PC Surname regrets, as many do, the passing of the Police FORCE? It would be very good in future books, of which I hope there are many, to focus more on the activities of the feral in society.,perhaps by exposing them red in tooth and claw we all may play a part in stamping out antisocial behaviour which only exists because we permit it to. PC Surname writes with humour, honesty and tact, and I hope to read much more about his working life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very factual and very funny!, 16 Oct. 2012
L. Forder (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
I start by saying I'm have some experience of working for the police. I bought this book as I was recommended it by a friend.
From the very first pun I knew it was going to be an interesting read!
It's a refreshing take on the whole process of joining the police and then carrying on your career with your chosen force.
I couldn't put it down as soon as I started reading it mainly in part to the many 'I say that' moments!
I highly recommend this book for yourself or as a present if you have even a slight interest in what the police get up to.
Buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, and really interesting, 4 Jan. 2015
Having recently started as a police officer in my local "cop school", I found this book particularly interesting. It has made me even more eager to be let out into the wild and start policing my local area.
I would recommend this book to anyone who is thinking about joining the job, and also to people who think police work is all about car chases and murders.
Will I be reading more of PC Surname`s books? Yes yes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaged me from the start,, 17 Feb. 2014
I am just your average joe, who loves to read and I came across this book by accident, I am glad I did, the writer 'had me' in his policeman grip from the start. For me it was very funny, as well as giving me an insight into working as a police officer. I don't think i will look at a police officer in the same light ever again,...in a good way!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 8 July 2014
Such a brilliant read! I am a serving constable and it was lovely to hear from another costables view from a different force realising how similar the whole policing family is! Would recommend the book to anyone whether you are interested in joining or not. Well done Pc Surname!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tremendously funny..., 30 Dec. 2013
If you’re in the job you can relate to so much of this… the general public should be made to read it.