Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 19 May 2013
I was never into Sci-Fi but the Osiris Revelations from A.J. Marshall made me change my view on it. Marshall takes you on a journey, showing his ideas of a future not that far ahead of us and ingeniously mixing it with facts of history triggering the imagination. It's hard to put down and full of adventure.
Looking at some of the rather harsh reviews, could it be that it reflects more the personal status of the critics or lack of their imagination? I guess that's for the next reader to judge.
on 9 May 2013
A rollercoaster of a novel, despite some odd plot choices and parts where I have no idea why they happened. I really enjoyed this. It kept me page turning for a few days.
Look abandon your questioning part, I still havent worked out who sent the coded message from earth to get him to the moon, someone please tell me.
It has the whole bundle, dashing hero, sexual tension, sabotage, nasty security guy, fatherly boss, alien craft.
A lot of books I delete after the first chapter, not this one!
on 21 September 2012
AJ Marshall has brought a new and exciting series to life. His thorough research adds frightening realism to future space exploration and earth scenarios. A enthralling read. Looking forward to more kindle releases and impatiently awaiting his new book. Lovers of science fiction and a compelling storyline will find this a good read.
on 28 December 2012
After reading the negative reviews, I feel obliged to answer that if you are into sci fi, then the books by Marshall are a great read. It is very easy to take apart any writer and I feel the comments about his style are ill-founded.
on 1 November 2011
This title had pretty good feedback (aside from one review), so I gave it a try. Sadly though, I side with Dr Arsenic. Poorly thought out plot (ideas from high school?); characters without characterization. Mundane dialog. It comes across as completely amateur. Was this self-published? The discrepancy between my experience of the "quality" of writing/dialog/characterization/plot vs. the bulk of other reviews here really raises some questions in my eyes. Something seems. . . strange. . . about the other strongly positive feedback.
on 13 October 2012
Decided to purchase the Osiris Revelations for a different read, I am enjoying it very much
it is very well written and thought out on the basis that aliens came to Earth thousands of years
ago this adds to that theory but to set the storyline on Mars makes it doubly interesting, you get into the book
and it is one that you cannot put down I started to read this a couple of days ago and have nearly finnished
it look forward to the next one in the series, as always Amazon a good book at a good price, I read the info on this
but wasnt aware it was set on Mars however this adds to the story rather than detracts. A J Marshall will now join the many
on my author/authoress list of must read.
on 20 August 2012
The proof of the pudding, as to just how poor I thought this work was is that having reached the very unsatisfying end of the first book in the series, I decided that I had much better ways to spend my time than flogging my way through the other books of the series.

The "plot" is interesting, but the delivery falls far short of what might have been. Whoever would have gone exploring the Martian surface on their own, when the base there apparently had over a hundred personnel - simple common sense to have back-up? Especially as the colony seems to be run very tightly AND even had a large-ish security detail! Then, we have references to some kind of a military service patrolling space, but no background details to make that believable either.

Best of all are references to alien contact over the previous decade to the story, but with no detail.

The final bit of unreality was the interplanetary spaceship playing tag with a fighter plane among the mountains of the Moon - come on!!!!!

It gets a two because the idea was good - but the delivery is a big disappointment. A month's reading time wasted.
on 8 January 2013
A.J Marshall's series of books are a great tonic for science fiction readers.
The Osiris Revelations is just not a mans read, my wife really enjoyed it too.
The book is well worth buying because I felt it held my interest page by page.

I disagree with Dr. Arsenic and co (poisonous name like his comments i say) who gave a poor review. They must be having a bad day.

The Osiris Revelations is a thoroughly good read.

P.A Hunt
on 28 January 2013
Never read this author before but decided as I like a book series and the Kalahari is one, as the first book is not bad a bit quick in parts and the character is more an Indiana Jones type but in space, the plot is a bit thin and you can figure out the bad guys but it an easy read and worth a go
on 22 October 2012
A well written epic adventure, gripping you from the 1st chapter to the last page.
If you want to immerse yourself in an adventure this is the book for you.