4.0 out of 5 stars Gruesome history
Interesting and entertaining and gives a good view on life during theses times. I wish I had a history teacher like him when I was at school
Published 9 months ago by twinkle

1.0 out of 5 stars Another disappointing book
Published 1 month ago by Kit_kat_Lil

4.0 out of 5 stars Gruesome history, 24 Jun 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Jack the Who?, 27 April 2013
Thoroughly enjoyable overview of the little known Thames Torso murders plaguing late Victorian London.What makes this a great read is the author really captures the atmosphere of the times,the same London that Jack the Ripper walked.After reading this I believe if it wasn't for the letters supposedly written by Jack the Ripper it would be the Torso Murderer we would be still discussing,to me its a far more interesting case than the Ripper and one that went on for years not a few months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of detail, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Thames Torso Murders (Kindle Edition)
The author has put in lots and lots of research on this book. I really found it interesting, plus you can read a chapter at a time and not lose the thread of what you are reading. Knowing the parts of London discussed I found it fascinating finding out what happened there in the past. A good factual book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Another disappointing book, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Thames Torso Murders (Kindle Edition)
I had such high hopes for this book and it let me down in a big way, the first couple of chapters are ok and they at least keep to the subject matter but then the author seems to go off on a tangent and you end up with snippets about Jack the ripper which somewhat muddies the water, there doesn't seem to be any theory on who the murderer could be, I know these were unsolved crimes and Mr Trow was working with very dated material but reading this I just got the impression he was trying to fill the book with titbits of other murders through Victorian to the present. overall not a very good read at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting book, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Thames Torso Murders (Kindle Edition)
I found this book very interesting and intriguing. I have read lots of books on jack the ripper but this is the first book I've read about the torso murders, although I have heard of it. There's some interesting chapters in the book. But the whole book I found you just can't put down, not even to put the kettle on to make a cup of tea. ! A good read !

ARRAY(0xac3658b8)