5.0 out of 5 stars Another stunning product from RAB, 17 April 2013
This review is from: Rab Men's Generator Jacket - (Misc.)
I have owned several items of RAB clothing and like the last review, for a lanky frame and long arms the fit is perfect. Having used a Vapour Rise jacket for walking, I was always envious of my colleague's Generator due to the very small pack size and the warmth provided when needed.
I tried to go one better (than my colleague) and bought a RAB down jacket, but returned it as it appeared to fail to 'reinflate' once unpacked from its pocket and I did not trust the long term integrity of the down filling, so I opted for the Generator.
What a product. Light AND warm, great fit AND packs into its own pocket.
A recommended product from a BRITISH company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Fit and Warmth, 26 Feb 2013
Brian Hamilton "brianhamilton14" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Rab Men's Generator Jacket - (Misc.)
I admit to being a huge fan of Rab clothing, it is cut perfectly for my lanky frame and long arms.

I was using a Montane Prism jacket, which is excellent in its own right but, as it only has 40gsm primaloft I sometimes found myself wishing I had a bit more warmth.

And, lo and behold, the Rab Generator has 100gsm primaloft in the body and 60gsm in the arms! Toasty.

The Generator packs small, has a wicked Pertex outer that is bizarrely strong and resistant to wear despite feeling silky soft. There are two handwarmer pockets and, handily, a chest pocket.

The Generator could do with a hood (like the Prism) but hey, you can't have everything and the Prism hood can get in the way a little when rolled up.

A further point, there are people who swear blind by the superior insulation and warmth of down and, whilst this is undeniably true, get your down jacket anything more than slightly damp and it is screwed. A wet down jacket is a sorry sight indeed, think cat in a bath mangy!

Primaloft stills works when wet and, will dry quickly. For the Scottish weather I can ask for nothing more.

Another winner from Rab. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 July 2014
fantastic, in all weathers.

Rab Men's Generator Jacket -