Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Refreshed in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now

Size: SmallColour: GreenChange

on 12 November 2014
I have been using this Sub Sports DUAL compression gear for over a year now and it's excellent! It feels like a very tight squeeze a first when you put it on, but you get used to it. It has been perfect for jogging; keeping me cool, allowing me to jog in the rain without feeling heavily drenched and reducing wind resistance (it's much better than wearing a t-shirt that drags in the wind). You don't feel drenched in sweat either, as it wicks all the sweat away.

Some of you may be wondering whether to buy the SUB Sports DUAL or the Sub Sports COLD. I have both of these products, so I have attached a photo of them both and I have done a comparison.

Here's the comparison:
Sub DUAL Compression Gear
- Lightweight
- Excellent compression
- Excellent fit (just buy your size. I'm size small so I bought a size small)
- Can jog in the rain without feeling soaked
- You feel the cold in winter weather (even after jogging for a while).
- Feels a little too tight when you first start wearing it, but you get used to it.

Sub COLD compression gear
- Lightweight
- Good fit
- Very warm a cosy, perfect for winter jogging!
- Can jog in the rain without feeling soaked
- Need to buy one size up, otherwise it will be too tight.
- Low compression due to going the next size up. It does have a tight fit when you go a size up, but you don't get that nice 'squeeze' that a compression gear should have.

Both compression gears are great for jogging, but the COLD compression gear is better for winter weather. During the rest of the year, however, you're better off with the Sub Sports DUAL compression top. Don't get me wrong, you'll still be be warm in cold weather wearing the SUB Sports DUAL compression top, but in ice cold winter weather you'll really feel the breeze.

Buy the Sub Sports DUAL compression top for general jogging and running. Only in winter with ice cold weather will you need to get the SUB Sports COLD.

Attached is a picture showing you the insides of both the Sub Sports DUAL (on the right) and the Sub Sports COLD (on the left). The Sub Sports COLD has an extra fluffy layer on the inside of the top to keep you warm during the winter. Remember that if you decide to buy the COLD version, you need to go one size up. But if you're simply buying this product (Sub Sports DUAL) then just stick with your normal body size.
review image
on 2 June 2010
Bought this for under my golf shirt during the winter months,i have to say it does what it says on the tin,sizing good,not restrictive and best of all keeps you warm,overall excellent value.
on 28 September 2010
I am an elite level athlete and have been for 8 years, I have tried near enough every type of baselayers available on the market. This is comparable with the best on the market, gives compressive fit, breathes and wicks moisture adequately and looks good. Given the price of this product it is a real bargain and a must buy. 5 stars!!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 February 2011
There appears to be a trend towards the use of compression clothing in running and other sports. Although particularly useful after exercise in order to aid recovery and minimise delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) I have noted an increasing number of people using compression clothing for racing and training. i have previously used such clothing during recovery only after longer races. The market leaders, 2ZU and Skins work well and are popular but seem to be quite expensive. Some cheaper brands such as under armour are also Ok but are still quite expensive. On searching the Amazon site I came across Sub Armour, a brand I had not heard of, and the prices seemed much more reasonable so thought I'd give them a try. The tops (long and short sleeved) came in a range of colours though the tights and shorts came in white or black only (as do the major brands). The only gap is lack of 3/4 tights. I bought a top & tights which arrived very promptly. They are well made and are the most compressive of all the brands I own. They are comfortable to race in and are particularly good for recovery. If you wanted to see if compression clothing works for you then the expense of some brands may have put you off, but at these prices you may want to give it a try. They seem to be proving popular as stock of items appears to be low. Very good product at a great price with fast delivery.
on 14 January 2010
I purchased this long sleeved top from Sub Armour and was very impressed with the material and quality of the item. They feel and look like a much more expensive piece of clothing than the advertised price. I have worn both the leggings and long sleeved top for the for whole day and they are extremely comfortable. Great at keeping out the cold. I would also like to add that the customer service provided by Steve @ Sub Armour is second to none. First class service when so many others nowadays fall down. I will purchase this product again and would recommend this product and company to everyone :-)
on 22 November 2010
I recently purchased this for my 10 year old son, on receipt it was far too small.The return process was simple and the company kept in touch by e mail. After returning it I received a phone call to inform me that there had been a delay in them receiving the return and to apologise for not sending me the next size.Steve, who called me was very helpful and recommended the next size up after discussing things with him. I received the product and my son was delighted with it, the quality and fit are excellent. I had one further call from Steve to check if I had got the top as some other orders had not arrived - I work in a service industry - now that's what I call service - I would definately recommend using this company.
on 11 July 2011
I have to say this product let me down a bit. I've bought Sub armour before, and trust me it's amazing. I would recommend it but I would say be careful with what colour you choose. I wanted White for the Beach but even without getting the baselayer wet, the item is see through, which is not too great, and when soaked you might as well not be wearing it at all. There's something different about this base layer compared to the one I bought a couple months ago. I can't get me head around it yet. But overall O.K product but definitely won't be buying the white one again.
on 11 August 2010
I have only worn it once but I was happy with the top. The quality of the product and the material are completely acceptable (especially at this price). I wore it for an early morning run and with a chill in the air to begin with, to brilliant sunshine by the end - the top did indeed control my temperature (not sure how this works) much better then a normal t-shirt I had been wearing previously. It's got flat seams and according to the info SPF. To my mind, the only issue that potental purchasers need to consider carefully is which size to go for. It is a compression top and so sure it is a tight fit -and I mean tight, it leaves absolutely nothing to the imagination! Being a size 8 women, I normally fit into 9/10 year old boys clothes. On getting the boys size I wasn't sure if I would get in it let alone for it to fit (it looked the right size for my small dog!) but I gave it a go thinking that I would be sending it back but it did fit (just) as it is quite strechy.
on 16 May 2013
I bought a couple of different brands of compression tops, this brand hands down is superior in every aspect

two main points in the product description:

1) PERFORMANCE - All-season baselayer that keeps you cool when it's hot, and warm when it's not
2) COMFORT - High quality fabric that provides excellent fit and shape retention

Point 1:

in terms of being all season this is not exaggerated I live in Dubai, its about 40 degrees outside now, I actually do feel cooler in the gym and drive home after im done with my workout with my windows open, fyi i workout 6 days a week sometimes twice every day, so im usually drenched in sweat when I leave

Point 2:
These really do feel like the way they are supposed to feel, they feel like they are compressing your body, unlike other well known brand names I tried that sadly feel more like slim fit shirts

I highly recommend these I am always highly skeptical of critical of any new products and usually am quick to label them as gimmicks because sadly most are, but these I swear by
VINE VOICEon 18 October 2012
With summer waning it was getting chilly on my daily commute in and out of central London so I bought this baselayer to wear under my regular cycling shirt to provide some basic insulation. It was recommended to me by a colleague and I've not regretted buying it for a moment.

FIrst of all, don't over-estimate your size. These tops are made from an incredibly stretchy material which, frankly, keeps all those wobbly bits you might have under tight control and visually takes 20 pounds off straight away. So - put it on. Now look in the mirror. Yes! That's what you're aiming for and Sub Dual have just given you a motivation boost each time you put this on. OK you'll need to do more than that (like actually exerting yourself for a few hours each week) but well, its a start and an inspiration!

This sub dual top is an excellent base layer and has allowed me to regularly cycle up to 20 miles right into the middle of autumn without a problem - if I add a pair of Sub Cold leggings I expect to get right into winter without feeling cold.