5.0 out of 5 stars rear view monitor and night vision reverse camera
quick to arrive, easy to install and works well even in the dark
monitor leads could have been a bit longer for my installation.
Published 23 months ago by jo fincham

3.0 out of 5 stars not wide angle camera
The camera is nothing like the 120degrees advertised. I measured (generously) 60deg horizontal and 40deg vertical.
The camera itself andf the screen are otherswise fine and the IR night vision works.
I find the permanent grid at the bottom of the picture to be annoying and unhelpful, but that's a minor thing.
Published 8 months ago by pcq

5.0 out of 5 stars rear view monitor and night vision reverse camera, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: BW® 4.3" TFT LCD Rear view Monitor and Night Vision Car Reverse Backup Camera+LED Car Rear View Reverse Reversing Waterproof Colour Video Camera Kits (Electronics)
quick to arrive, easy to install and works well even in the dark
monitor leads could have been a bit longer for my installation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super value, super results., 22 Oct 2014
Bought this to help me park my Berlingo van, which has the rear windows blacked out and a ply bulkhead. I'm not an electrician, the instructions were a gesture but you shouldn't be put off by how basic they are. Very easy to work out what goes where.

The kit is great value. I installed the camera under the rear bumper, fed the power wires through the bumper assembly and into the rear light cluster to connect to the reversing light. The video signal wire I fed through the rear load bay and hid behind the ply lining. I also pushed the wire under the headlining and into the gap between the headlining and the windscreen so you cannot see the wire at all. There was still a good metre of cable left, so there is plenty of cable for me.

I stuck the monitor where the rear view mirror used to be. I powered it by taking a feed from the interior light so again, minimal amount of wiring on show. I turned the ignition on, put it into reverse and the monitor displayed what was behind me and a green grid to help you get the feel as to how close is close!

I notice that some people have said this is off putting, but I found it helpful and not intrusive at all.

I've owned a car with a factory fitted rear parking camera and this is as good a display as that.

The hardest part was figuring out the +wire to the reversing light and the interior light. I have a multimeter which helped me greatly with this. You should also consider getting four Scotchlok connectors to make the job easier. Total fit time for me was 2 hours. About half of that was hiding the wires.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what you want it to., 30 Nov 2013
Adrian Matthews (Surrey, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Very easy to install and a great picture night or day. The picture shows a green, yellow and red area to give you an indication of how close you are to objects.

The supplied cables are more than long enough to go from the back of a large pickup to the dashboard with a couple of feet to spare.

Instructions are sparse but it's not rocket science. Red wires to positive, black to negative. If you want it to only come on when you reverse then connect the red power lead of the camera to the reverse light positive. The monitor will only turn on when it receives a video signal.

4.0 out of 5 stars reversing camera, 12 Aug 2013
good product for the price easy to fit and works well and i am very happy with it thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars i loved it, 23 April 2013
Ian Jaycock "Ian" (BOGNOR REGIS) - See all my reviews
I have a 40 yr old car and i am disabled, not being able to look over my shoulder when parking this camera is excellent and makes driving and my life so much easier,thankyou

3.0 out of 5 stars not wide angle camera, 18 April 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the full Monty., 17 Sep 2014
Hi, actually my first Amazon review, so I'll keep it short.

1 Arrived quickly and worked when monitor and camera were connected to a spare battery.

2 Leads seem long enough for my wifes Vauxhall Combo.

3 As pointed out by other reviewers, the instructions are non existent. Wiring up is straight forward but that's all.

4 Mounting, it looks like it must be mounted externally, which as another reviewed stated, means drilling through the body work, OK on a horse box but not what I had in mind for the car.

5 There is no adustment for the camera angle, as far as I can see I have to mount it to the bodywork(bumper) with packing to adjust the camera angle or make up a bracket.

So I haven't fitted it yet but plan to mount it to the rear hatch on the inside via some sort of adjustable bracket, so that I can get the camera angle correct. This might be a problem if the rear screen is dirty. I'll fix it with tape and make a bracket if successful, otherwise I'll use it a front door monitor!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 27 May 2014
I have to say for 20 odd quid this is an exceptional bit of kit , you will see some priced five times higher offering little ot no spec difference, I had the rearview mirror camera before but its not great as a camera or a mirror.
I did have to contact the seller with a question, the response I got was almost immediate, precise, and exactly what I would expect from service team. I couldn't find fault on Price, delivery, service, value, packaging, wiring , I see a couple of reviews about lenght of cables etc, total rubbish if you aske me, this is designed perfecty if you know what you are doing!
Buy and enjoy

1.0 out of 5 stars Conned big time, 23 Sep 2014
Jane morgan (Canvey island uk) - See all my reviews
My parcel arrived very quickly,but when I opened it box to inspect the product the screen on the monitor was all scratched and had a worn distressed look as if it had all ready been used by someone else for a long time and been returned at some stage and maybe repaired then resold on not very happy and can not find any info about returning it be weary from buying from these people better still stay well clear from them and buy from someone else

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job., 16 Jun 2014
Easy to get it working, once I'd read some helpful reviews. The instructions that come with it are worse than useless. Be aware you need to power both camera and monitor separately.