BABYBJÖRN Bouncer Balance Soft (Rust/Orange, Cotton)
Colour: Rust/orange, CottonChange
Price:£104.90+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 5 June 2013
We bought this particular brand of bouncer based on previous Amazon reviews & we weren't disappointed. Yes, it's expensive compared to other products, but in our opinion it's worth the money. The build quality is exceptionally good & it's hard to find an area of this product where something might break (based on normal every day use). Possibly the plastic fasteners used to secure the front strap might break over time, but at least the fabric cover can be purchased separately to the frame if a replacement is required. The fabric cover itself is durable & should clean easily if required.

The 3 adjustable height settings offer a good range, from an almost horizontal position for sleeping to a more comfortable upright position for feeding/playing. The bouncer also folds plat very easily & is quiet portable due to a small foot print when collapsed & it's light weight. There was no assembly involved when first unpacked, which was nice!!

We bought the BabyBjorn for our little daughter when she was only 3 weeks old & she was very comfortable in it. The ergonomic design of the cover makes for a secure environment for the baby & once they are strong enough to semi-hold their own head there shouldn't be any issue. What I like most about this bouncer is the easy at which it can be bounced, there's no problem bouncing it with your foot while drinking a coffee or eating dinner :) Our daughter is not yet old enough to bounce hereself, but I don't foresee any problems in that department once she is strong enough to figure it out :)

I would have no problem recommending this product to friends or family.
on 17 June 2013
I have four children and bought my baby bjorn bouncer with my first, 9 years ago. It is still in use and is still in excellent condition. All of my children have lovely it.

Every health visitor always comments that they feel this is the best on the market (soft so it prevents flat head etc etc).

In my opinion it is the most stylish on the market.

If it was to break I would replace it ASAP.
Colour: Rust/orange, CottonVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As with all BabyBjorn products the bouncer is very obviously made to a very high standard. The fabric is so so soft and much softer than I've felt on any other baby chairs, which is probably to do with the fact that it is 100% cotton. The bouncer cover is washable on a 40 degree wash and then afterwards left to line dry. The bouncer is also extremely light which makes it ideal for transferring between rooms or even travelling with it. The bouncer comes ready assembled which was a major plus point for us in our household as not many baby items come ready assembled in our experience! Our son has been quite content sitting in the chair, however as he is approaching the weight limit for the chair (29lbs/13kg) it is unlikely that he will get much more use out of it than at a pinch 6 months more and it will be our new baby who is due later this year that will get the benefit of the chair.

The bouncer has three seating positions along with a fourth transport mode position which is for when the bouncer is not being used or as the name suggests being transported. The bouncer can be used as either a bouncer or a chair. The bouncer setting is with the harness and can be used from newborn to a maximum weight of up to 20lbs/9kg. To use it as a chair setting, you simply remove the fabric cover from the bouncer and turn it around to use the reverse side (which doesn't have the harness on it) which can be used up to a maximum weight limit of up to 29lbs/13kg. To adjust the positions on each setting you simply lift the positioner at the back of the base of the frame whilst lifting or lowering the chair and it is really simple to do. To fold the bouncer away you put the positioner on the lowest setting and then lift the red safety latch to flatten the bouncer.

I really like the bouncer and as I have mentioned above it really is extremely high quality, very light and very easy to use, however I have marked it down a star as I think that considering the price of the chair it should really come with the toy bar BabyBjörn Wooden Toy for Babysitter which BabyBjorn is expecting everyone to purchase separately for an additional cost. Every chair we have ever had for our son has always come with the toy bar and a lot of these chairs are half the price of this bouncer so I really do think as a customer service choice that this bouncer should come with the toy bar.
Colour: Rust/orange, CottonVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've had three versions of this bouncer now (due to selling my beloved original before my third child came along) so hopefully can provide a thorough review for you.

Pros
Nice looking - I like the colour (stains much less obvious !)
Decent material in a sturdy frame
Lasts til baby is 2 (unlike most rocker type seats which often don't last a year)
Baby can self bounce (however I have noticed that the later models are 'firmer' so require more wriggling to get them bouncing which was a disappointment as our first Baby Bjorn Bouncer had a much lighter touch - This is picky of me though !)
Has three reclining settings which are easy to change
It's light to carry

Cons
Expensive (Has doubled in price in 7 years since I had my first)
The toy bar is sold seperately and is also expensive (and has slightly odd eye things on it) plus there is only one type of toy bar so baby may lose interest.

This model has a few slightly upgraded design features in comparison to the black and silver model - the toggle fastenings are now button like and fit through a slot. The front seat part is slightly firmer and a different shape - coming up a little higher on babys tummy. I've taken a photograph to illustrate the new version so look at customer images if you like.

I highly recommend this product - it's the quality and design and length of use that help justify the expense. This is the only specific product I suggest to new Mums who ask me for ideas on what to get for their new baby.
review image
VINE VOICEon 3 July 2013
Colour: Rust/orange, CottonVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have tried a few baby bouncers so was interested in how a baby bouncer over £100 justifies its worth.
It comes already assembled and is made of exceptionally high quality material and is wonderfully portable, being lightweight. The colour and design are very drab and its designed more for functionality .
Comfort wise baby sits very snuggled and secure inside, which always helps baby's feel more secure and content.there are no frills or toys like in my previous chairs and I bought the enormously expensive toy bar which was a waste of money , not appealing or fun enough for little children .
I had the sling from this company which was excellent quality , but for me this works and is portable but is too boring. Especially if you are a first time parent , snd want the cute baby stuff or giving it as a present.it also really only does one function as a baby bouncer and do many baby items and especially baby bouncers are multi functional .
When I tell people what it costs they look at me if I'm mad. But this is it , your not going to go wrong with this and it will last and adjust as baby's gets older but I think it's the kind of item you gravitate towards and have already made your mind up that this is what you want .
As for giving as a present be careful as the box is rather big and lightweight of you are posting it .
on 22 July 2015
I'm posting my review for this bouncer almost one year after I purchased it. My baby is about to turn one next month, and I can honestly say it has become an essential part of my life. He loves it, he loves us sitting beside him and softly bouncing him in the chair but as he has grown, he has figured out how to bounce himself. The chair is very good quality, and the fabric is extremely sturdy, yet soft and comfortable for baby. It is very easy to remove the fabric and pop in the washing machine (because accidents happen). I think the chair will still be used long after baby turns one. I only wish I had purchased it for my first baby and not waited until my second. I can honestly say it is a lot more practical then mechanical rockers. It is little bit on the pricey side but if you use it like I have then you will definitely get you moneys worth out of it.

I would definitely recommend this product.
Colour: Rust/orange, CottonVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The bouncer is incredibly well made, feeling exceptionally solid leaving us in no doubt to trust it with our little ones comfort.

The chair has a number of recline settings that are easily adjustable from the handle underneath the seat.
You also have the ability to remove the safety restraint allowing the chair to be used up to age 3.

So all in all when you take into account that this could be used for 3 years with your little ones suddenly the price tag doesn't seem quite so bad.

However we also have a fisher price entertainment bouncer which was 2/3 less the price of this one so it does seem overpriced when you consider how much the other bouncer packs in but with a shorter usage span.

So for long term value for money this is a winner
on 8 September 2014
My baby loves being in this bouncer and it gives me some time to myself so well worth the money. The 4 star rating is because as my baby is only 7 weeks at the moment he can't bounce himself so I have to use my foot to bounce it.
on 22 July 2014
I am currently using my bouncer. It's brilliant! High quality and the baby loves it also, he relaxes immediately after I settle him in the seat. Excellent value for the money. You are buying quality and a good looking item.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Our son had finally arrived to use the bouncer! He sits well in it as a newborn, although an extra blanket was used to position his bottom right. Looking forward to using this more and more!

See one answered question