5.0 out of 5 stars Digital drawing/painting made simple
I use Adobe Creative suite during the greater part of my day job (I work in online media). I also do a lot of digital photography, so I'm all over stuff like Photoshop, Premiere/AfterEffects, Flash/Flex and SoftImage.

My partner unfortunately become ill last year, and was essentially housebound for a year. As part of her recuperation, she decided she wanted to...
Published 22 months ago by M. Bhangal

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice new variety, but downgraded quality in what was already there.
I've used Sketchbook Pro 2011 for a long time, mostly only for the sketching stage of creating work. For that, Sketchbook Pro 2011 was amazing- the pencil tool alone made it worth buying and using. In this new version, they've added quite a lot of new stuff, but generally, if you're used to using Corel Painter 12 or Photoshop or even Paint Tool SAI for proper colouring,...
Published on 24 Oct 2012 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun for computer artists everywhere!, 19 Nov 2012
M. J. Jacobs "michael jacobs" (Edgware, London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Autodesk SketchBook Pro 6 (PC/Mac) (DVD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I installed this and tested it with my Bamboo Manga Pen and Touch Tablet, and experienced serious difficulties. This proved to be the pen/stylus of the tablet, which is only a few weeks old.

I installed my rather less portable Wacom Intuos4 Large, and had immediate results. This is an upgrade to the Sketchpad 2011 which I got last year. The upgrade was seamless and trouble-free, and immediately offered me a further online upgrade to Sketchpad Pro 6.01, which was again flawless.

Then I started playing with the tools to see what I could do with it. I have only barely scratched the surface after such a short time, but I can say that there are wonderful tools for texture drawing and painting, and you can even use random colours in a single texture pen effect.

One of the nicest effects is the use of an on-screen "french curve" tool - you place it, and set the angle and exact position, and then just draw. As long as you are close to the outline of the curve, you get the segment of it that you are drawing around. If the stylus drifts away from the outline, nothing is drawn. I can see so many uses for "perfect" freehand drawing from this tool that I haven't even finished considering just how much is possible.

Another nice tool is the smooth freehand curve tool - as the you drag the stylus around, you get a smoothed out line. The regular pen drawing tool allows wobbles to creep in if you are too slow with the stylus. This feature is marvellous!

All in all, I can see lots of uses for this software - I mostly design board games, and do illustrations for fantasy games - and with a good drawing tablet, there is no limit.

The only way it could be better would be if I had a 20" touch-sensitive tablet (like an iPad or Galaxy, but bigger...). I can only dream and wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sketchbook Pro, 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: Autodesk SketchBook Pro 6 (PC/Mac) (DVD-ROM)
I bought this software after using another similar program for several years. I've no doubt having now used Sketchbook Pro for a few weeks together with a Wacon tablet it is a great piece of software. I'm a professional cartoonist and would recommend Sketchbook Pro as the THE program to do the job. I've already recovered the purchase cost in book sold...Autodesk SketchBook Pro 6 (PC/Mac)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: Autodesk SketchBook Pro 6 (PC/Mac) (DVD-ROM)
Love, love, love this software. Have used much more expensive products in the past (CS5) but can't see the point in spending loads of money when Autodesk offers this for less than £30! Regular updates as standard. Learn how to get the most out of it by watching YouTube lessons.

5.0 out of 5 stars This software was easy to install and works well with my current tablet, 2 Dec 2014
This review is from: Autodesk SketchBook Pro 6 (PC/Mac) (DVD-ROM)
This software was easy to install and works well with my current tablet. This is a great piece of software for beginners and intermediates because of the features, it is easy to understand and there is a lot of help online like tutorials and instructions making it accessable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings out the artist, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: Autodesk SketchBook Pro 6 (PC/Mac) (DVD-ROM)
Brilliant software which has got me into doing the art for some games been developed.

Its a great price, but to get the best from it you really need a graphics tablet.

(Newer version 7 is out for about twice the price of version 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars this is an amazing products which is extremely easy to use and to ..., 31 July 2014
This review is from: Autodesk SketchBook Pro 6 (PC/Mac) (DVD-ROM)
For all you budding illustrators and digital artists out there, this is an amazing products which is extremely easy to use and to navigate and it gives great results as well!

I would recommend this to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly good value, 24 Nov 2014
internettie (Rugby, Warwickshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Autodesk SketchBook Pro 6 (PC/Mac) (DVD-ROM)
It's hard to believe that you can get so much for so little. I bought this software to use with my Ugee M708 graphics tablet and it does everything I could ask.

5.0 out of 5 stars delivery quickly, great piece of software, love it!!! Thanks, 25 Nov 2014
This review is from: Autodesk SketchBook Pro 6 (PC/Mac) (DVD-ROM)
delivery quickly, great piece of software, love it!!! Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Dec 2014
This review is from: Autodesk SketchBook Pro 6 (PC/Mac) (DVD-ROM)
First time with my tablet best art program I used

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Nov 2014
Excellent graphics software

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

Autodesk SketchBook Pro 6 (PC/Mac)
Autodesk SketchBook Pro 6 (PC/Mac) by Autodesk (Mac OS X, Windows 7 / XP)