5.0 out of 5 stars Google Nexus 7 tablet case upgrade time!
Purchased a Belkin soft case for some initial protection but needed to find a good hard case for the long term. Settled on the Speck after the usual ton of reading (reviews).

This case is a perfect fit, has the screen on/off feature when closing/opening the case, has a bunch of viewing angles and generally looks great.

The construction is really good...
Published 24 months ago by Adrian Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, stand useless
Published on 15 Oct 2012 by Scottpm

5.0 out of 5 stars Google Nexus 7 tablet case upgrade time!, 29 Dec 2012
Adrian Smith (South Coast UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Speck FitFolio Tablet Case Cover with Built-In Stand for Google Nexus 7 (2012) - Black (Personal Computers)

The construction is really good and the stitching is perfect. The closure/clasp works well and feels solid when it snaps shut (it's even angled down slightly to give a bit of tension).

Lastly, the holes for the power/vol/headphones/USB/speaker are perfectly placed for ease of use. There are even two mini holes for the mics.

Definitely worth all five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill for the Nexus 7, 18 Jan 2013
I looked at a number of cases and read all the reviews, but chose this one. Fits very well indeed and is not bulky at all. I like the fact that the case grips the sides rather than encrouching on the actual screen, which I believe would collect dust etc. Good value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product (and saved my tablet too!), 1 Dec 2014
I've used my cover on a daily basis for the past five months - and I'm really very happy with it.

In summary:

- Excellent fit. It holds my tablet firmly, but its also very easy to remove if required. The case does not obstruct buttons, etc. either.

- Excellent quality. The case is showing no sign of wear after five months use. I initially had reservations regarding the durability of plastic clasp that locks the case shut, but in practice it actually works surprisingly well. The "Auto-On" feature works well too.

- ** IMPORTANT ** I've dropped my tablet twice from "waist height" (doh!) - on one occasion "corner first" onto a tiled floor (ouch!) - the case suffered (extremely) minor damage - the tablet itself was completely unscathed - very impressive indeed, due (I suspect) to the high quality plastic used on the case's back panel.

- The only "down side" is that the case doesn't work too well as a stand - it has a tendency to "slip flat" (if you follow my meaning) - I was tempted to mark it down a star, but I didn't because it other than this shortfall, its really very good.

I would purchase another "Speck" case again - recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Nexus 7 case..., 5 Jan 2013
Having searched long and hard for the right case for my Nexus 7, the Speck Fitfolio is perfect for the money.

Slim
Well screwed together
Good typing and angled viewing options
Protects the whole tablet well
All inputs are available

Right case, right price.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best case you can buy for the Nexus 7!, 4 Oct 2014
Wow! Just £12.99 now. i bought mine at the end of 2012 when i got my new Nexus 7 and it cost nearly £30 from Marks&Spencers. Back then it was the best case available and 2 years on it still is the best purchase i've made of an item like this.
Protects the Nexus 7 very well, the indents that allow you to angle the case aren't very deep so it can slip if your not careful but a minor negative compared to how excellent this is overall. Buckle is still tight and snaps shut perfectly, no sighns of any wear on corners etc. Truly brilliant case!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 18 April 2013
Mark Kitching (South Croydon, UK) - See all my reviews
I first saw this case in John Lewis for about £35, I am so glad I didn't buy it when I saw it!

It fits my wife's Nexus 7 perfectly, giving excellent access to all buttons, ports etc.

It's well made and stylish, the sleep function on the tablet works perfectly when you close the cover.

It sits nicely in either typing or viewing positions.

My wife is extremely particular about an items looks and quality (it's amazing she married me!) and she is extremely happy with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice fit - decent value, 27 Feb 2013
The FitFolio fits my Nexus 7 like a glove and feels very well made. My only gripe would be that the grooves that provide the stability when standing the device up are too shallow to provide proper stability.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, stand useless, 15 Oct 2012
If you want a case that is slim and looks good then I would give this 5 stars. However the stand is useless, it constantly slips, and unless you have it on a flat service, like a desk it won't stay in position. I used it for a couple weeks and stopped using it as I just got fed up with it. If you want a case that looks good and you aren't bothered about using the stand then I would recommend it, otherwise don't waste your money like I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing case - really good quality, 6 Aug 2014
I love this case! The Speck range of cases are perfect alternatives to the Apple one's which are considerably more expensive. This is as good if not the same quality as the Apple cases. It feels amazing to touch, the case is super protective and the flap is great for making your iPad stand up. My iPad mini has suffered no damages whatsoever and I will stick to purchasing the Speck range of cases as the prices are not bad either! Definitely worth the investment

4.0 out of 5 stars EDIT: Sleep problem seems to be resolved.... Suffers from the same sleep problem as other (much cheaper!) Nexus cases, 3 Jan 2013
EDIT: Speck UK (my original query was sent to Speck US)got in contact with me again after I posted this review and sent me a replacement case (great service - I didn't buy the case from them). The new case works just fine - they have obviously tweaked the design as I can feel the magnet in a different place to the original case. The model number is just the same so I guess it's a bit of potluck if you get the older build if you buy online.
Given this, I'm upping the review to four stars (from two) - it's still not quite perfect as I mention below, but looks good closed and the plastic shell feels very solid - plus of course, the excellent customer service counts for a lot in my opinion.

ORIGINAL REVIEW - The build quality of this case is pretty good, but there are gaps of 2-3mm at the edges of the plastic cradle. I don't think that the tablet has a chance of falling out of the case, but it doesn't look great. The real deal breaker for me is that the cover puts the tablet to sleep when folded back.This isn't a fault with my particular case - Speck responded to my enquiry as follows-

'Hi there! This can happen sometimes with the magnet and isn't a flaw with your particular case. If is really bugs you, you can always return your case and, if you got it from our website, sending it back is free- just use your prepaid shipping label! '

Quite annoying as it's far from the cheapest case out there. Given that the Nexus 7 is a small tablet, I expect most people will want to be able to hold it in portrait with one hand, which you can't do with this case. I also find it odd that none of the positive reviews elsewhere mention this issue, even though Speck know about it.

I'll be sending this one back and getting a cheaper brand that I can actually use.