Don't skip this "little" guide ... it's the kind you would regret not getting ...

Doing the 3 steps has been so helpful for us. Firstly to understand what we were doing wrong (silly "little" things like putting him to bed way too late because I thought he wasn't tired ...) but most of all we got very precise instructions for what to do and when.

We...
Published 18 months ago by Wanne

3.0 out of 5 stars it's OK
great advise, however nothing I didn't know before....all of these tips you can find for free on any baby site....would not buy it
Published 6 months ago by Svetlana

5.0 out of 5 stars This works. Our son now goes down awake and soothes himself to sleep ..., 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: No-Tears Self Soothing: Effective Baby Sleep Techniques for Settling and Sleeping Through the Night (Kindle Edition)

We did the specific techniques for our son's issue and that was all it took. I also read the rest of the book, and I recommend everyone does that because there are lots of extra tips in every part.

Our problem was that we had to always hold him until he slept really deeply before we could put him in the crib (the book also has techniques for when you feed them to sleep, or on you/in your bed, or in the stroller only).

Everyone told me I would have to let him cry until he stopped doing that but I just couldn't bear him crying and screaming like that :( So I'm glad I found this and we managed to go through it all without him every crying once.

You have to know that it is not an "overnight" solution, but that's not the promise of it either, you know beforehand that it will take some time. But it makes sense to go little step by little step, without forcing, until baby gets it.

We started seeing improvements after one week, fully independent bedtimes by 2,5 weeks and now, almost 4 months later, all is still going well. We even made it through 2 painful teething phases and one bad cold without sleeping problems.

Not sure what more to write ... I simply recommend this book to every parent, grandparent or carer who wants a realistic way to get their babies to go to sleep independently.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very complete guide, 30 Nov 2012
A friend recommended this book when we went trough a difficult phase with our baby. From one moment to the other she didn't want to be left alone in her room anymore and it took us hours to get her to bed, lots of crying involved.

This book led us through a series of very carefully written steps in order to get our baby back to sleep by herself. The first step is about creating optimal sleeping conditions (e.g. regular schedule, the right temperature). The part about the reduction of separation anxiety was very helpful to us (a sibling in the room works indeed like magic). The second step is all about abilities: depending on the age of your baby you should have a different approach. It reassured us about what we could or couldn't expect from our 8 months old. The third step is about using the right technique to learn your child to fall asleep by herself. Which technique to use depends on your current situation (whether you are nursing your child to sleep, walking it to sleep, whether she is used to sleeping in odd places or in your bed or whether she needs you around). All techniques are useful and clear.

All in all it is a very complete guide, containing lots of practical tips and written in a very gentle and loving way. There is no one solution to get your baby to self soothe, there are many elements to take into account. Carefully going through every step of this book, it worked for us!

5.0 out of 5 stars A really positive and useful book!, 6 April 2014
I have read many sleep books and this one (along with Heidi's other two) is my favorite. Is my baby now sleeping through the night? No. Is my baby self-soothing before bed times and naps? Sometimes. If you want some practical ideas to help you with a gentle way to teach and encourage your child to sleep better, without crying, then this book is great. Some of her ideas I was doing already, but a slight tweek to them after reading made all the difference. The biggest reason, however, I like this book is it didn't make me feel like everything I was doing already was wrong or that I had to completely change my schedule and approach. While my baby still has big steps to take before becoming a better sleeper, the ideas in this book really helped improve her sleep situation in a few days. She is now napping in her crib (before it was only in the sling or pram), bedtimes are lovely and night wakings, well we are working on that one (but I have a much better attitude to them now, partly because I can nap in the day too now!) Also, the book is not too long, so can be easily read in a day. Thank you Heidi!

3.0 out of 5 stars it's OK, 5 Jan 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Reassuring advice, 13 April 2013
The book's useful when you need reassurance as a parent, there's some handy common sense advice but nothing ground-breaking if you're looking for a magic wand and a quick fix. It helps you to accept that if you have allowed you baby to co-sleep or have helped them to sleep that you have done it for the right reasons. I think it just gives you a bit of confidence in continuing to trust your instincts when it comes to bed time, think I'll be trying to break the co-sleeping habit for some time to come though!