4.0 out of 5 stars Basic but good
As the author states throughout the book, this is not an in depth guide to blogging, but it gives you plenty of information to get you started.

Published 20 months ago by Sarah Leach

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that informative
Bob Lotich has many blogs from which he earns more income than he did when he worked his day job. What kind of blogs? Christian-themed ones, I think, but his very brief autobiography here (2 and a half pages!) is very vague. But just know that he makes money from his blogs!! seems to be the message.

This book is basically for people who know literally nothing...
Published 3 months ago by Sam Quixote

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic but good, 30 Dec 2012
Sarah Leach (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How To Make Money Blogging: How I Replaced My Day-Job With My Blog and How You Can Start A Blog Today (Blogging Guide Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

There are references and sites mentioned that I had not heard of but I will definitely check check them out. Overall, it is a good guide for beginners, and there may even be a few things that more advanced bloggers could learn.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that informative, 19 May 2014
Sam Quixote - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

This book is basically for people who know literally nothing about blogs. He explains what a blog is, what blogging platforms are available, and the various bits and pieces that you can use or not to develop your blog. The answer to how to make money from your blog is pretty obvious – ad revenue.

How do you get ad revenue? Sign up for Google Adsense. The rest is up to you – start writing!

There’s slightly more to it but those are the bare bones of what you need to do. The way Adsense works is the more traffic you get, the more money you make, and this is where things get cynical. Lotich instructs you to research key words people are searching for and then write articles that’ll get the most hits. Hmm… no thanks, I’ll stick to writing about what I like to write about instead.

And adding your blog address to web signatures and posting on boards all over the internet is generally not a great way of increasing traffic. I wrote for a high traffic site for well over a year with my blog address prominently on my author’s page and I didn’t see an increase in hits. Basically all your visits are likely to come from web searches so I wouldn’t even bother throwing your blog address around random sites – you won’t get enough visitors to make it worthwhile.

There are a lot of links to different services you can use for your blog (all of which come with discount codes from Lotich meaning he gets a cut of anyone who uses them) which I suppose are useful to a degree but really a lot of stuff you need to know about blogging is readily available online already, mostly from the platforms themselves. Blogger, Google’s blogging tool, contains a lot of tutorials and tips for site optimisation and how to increase revenue, making guides like this redundant. Stuff like search bars and privacy policies are integrated into Blogger already so mentioning them here is a waste of space.

He also suggests online courses and books that he readily admits not knowing anything about so I’m not sure why he’s recommending them besides perhaps profiting from sending readers to them.

The best advice Lotich gives is to keep at it. I’ve had my blog for over a year and had ad revenue for about 4/5 months now and it’s very, very small – I could maybe buy a paperback on Amazon with the amount I’ve earned! But I keep at it because I enjoy it, not because I’m trying to make money from it. Maybe in a year I’ll see an increase, maybe not – but keep writing and you could make some money off of your blog, emphasis on “could”. Besides persistence and effort, experimenting with different platforms and continuing to learn feel like obvious “lessons” but I suppose they’re worth mentioning considering this is a book for everyone, including the completely clueless.

Is this worth reading? If you’ve already got your blog up and running and are posting to it regularly and also have Adsense set up, there’s not much here that’s going to make picking this up worth your time. It lists a bunch of options that might or might not help but frankly I didn’t get anything out of them that I didn’t already know.

But for the absolute, “coming at this subject cold” person who knows nothing about blogging, I’m sure it’ll help. Just don’t expect some magic answer that’ll get you rich quick and have you writing your notice for your day job within a week!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful, 5 Aug 2014
If you're just starting out as I am and know absolutely nothing about the subject, it provides a very concise and informative introduction to the subject. It's a very basic overview so I wouldn't recommend it to those who already have some basic grounding of knowledge in this area, but if you're an absolute beginner, it's a perfect place to start. In fact, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the author for starting me off on my way to what will hopefully become a profitable pastime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended if you would like to make money from your ..., 5 Aug 2014
Mr. R. Malhotra "RajEntrepreneur" (London,England) - See all my reviews
A very simple and interesting book on how to start a blog and how to profit from it. Its a very simple and clearly written and the author walks his talk. He has successfully made money from his blog as a fulltime home business for several years now. Highly recommended if you would like to make money from your own personal blog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plain and Simple, 18 Jun 2014
Loved the book as I am new to blogging. Easy to understand an helped put blogging in a no nonsense way.

4.0 out of 5 stars a short book that is full of gems! it was worth the 77p many many many times over., 6 May 2014
Very fresh. I didn't feel weighed down or tempted to put it down as it was too much like hard work. Straight to the point. No fluff at all. Honestly written. Great links to learn more and actually set up your blog correctly. This guide if for someone that has no experience in how to set up a blog, but also in my view targets those that need to tweak and make a good constant monthly income from their website. Thank you.
I will be doing a more detailed review in my new blog I am slowly setting up after reading this wonderful book. Plutusbooks.com

4.0 out of 5 stars very straightforward and useful, 23 April 2014
I found the book quite straightforward and the information was easy to understand unlike other books I also like the honesty of the author I will recommend it to other people interested in blogging

5.0 out of 5 stars Super-practical clear guide., 28 Nov 2013
Review: it's the gazillionth book I've read about blogging - it's the one that got me started.
I have, or thought I had, no interest in personal finance, beyond living within my means. But I looked up the blog anyway, just so I'd have an exemplar to aim at. And it's fantastic, both in appearance and functionality, and in much of the content. It's even better than the book./

Loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars I have got a few ideas on how to develop ..., 21 Aug 2014
I have got a few ideas on how to develop my ideas for a blog. I have not set anything up yet so I cannot say whether or not it will work. The information maybe dated, but then that does not mean that it will not be effective. I intend to go for it and see what happens.

5.0 out of 5 stars but the concepts are easy to pick up, 18 July 2014
Very interesting book - I've yet to test out whether I can replace my income through blogging alone, but the concepts are easy to pick up. The book was very quick & easy to read, not full of techy language.