5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Swedish Crime Thriller
This is actually a follow up to a film from 1996 called `Jagarna' and this was originally called `Jagarna 2', but you don't have to see the first one to be able to follow this but it will help contextualise everything. It stars Rolf Lassgard as Detective Eric Backstrom, he is called to his familial town to investigate a suspected murder after a girl goes missing in very...
Published 18 months ago by Tommy Dooley

3.0 out of 5 stars Rolf Lassgård is So Good
I love Lassgård as Wallander and in his many films, but this show, False Trail, is just a little too cruel for me. Hunting shows aren't my thing. I guess it's good, just not my cup of tea.
Published 5 months ago by maggie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars this is a false trail, 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: False Trail [DVD] (DVD)
As a fan of the many really good Nordic Noir DVDs, I must say this one is not of the usual high quality. The story lacks real credibility, is disjointed, and ends up merely as a display of sickening violence! NOT reccommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not nordic noir in the true sense but both unsettling and watchable storytelling, 19 May 2013
S. Rogers "AV man" (Victoria Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: False Trail [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I appreciate being to access product such as this Swedish Norwegian co-production via Amazon's on-line service and select manufacturers who provide the likes of not only all region DVD players but also all zone Blu Ray players.
Years ago I saw the earlier film THE HUNTERS when our Canadian network SHAWCASE was in its heyday, promoting international cinema which featured story lines and situations and acting for the adult viewer.
In this sequel of sorts the lead actor Rolf Lassgard is given an excellent opponent in the shape of a local cop who epitomizes all that can be described as fascist qualities.
The story which involves the disappearance and subsequent murder of a local girl demands that the Stockholm based Eric is forced to return home to lead the investigation.
One irony is that while the corrupt cop TORSTEN has a convenient suspect in a wild man JARI, and does everything to insure his arrest, Lassgard's character ERIK is almost as eager to go after the cop Torsten.
The story is arresting because so many people are betrayed by those close to them; so many refuse to speak up and remain in denial, and so many cannot recognize the cunning, duplicity and ruthless of someone they have placed so much trust in.
I am not accustomed to so much foul language in a Swedish film, so perhaps this venture was actually a film not a television production as are so many of the YELLOW BIRD titles that appear even here in Canada.
I would not worry about the subtitles; simply go back as I did as the film's conclusion, and replay the first ten minutes or so.
I would also recommend this film for its wonderful use of location; it's a different look than what one sees in the Swedish and British WALLANDER teleseries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly crafted., 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: False Trail [DVD] (DVD)
This is a film of geat depth. One that keeps you guessing. Not so much a "who done it" as a "will he get away with it". Well acted and believable. The stark scandinavian landscape is used to great effect to create a dark background to the film. Subtitles are clear but not obtrusive. Great entertainment and at over two hours great value!

5.0 out of 5 stars exciting, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: False Trail [DVD] (DVD)
I thought the story line and the acting was excellent. As usual the Danes have made another exciting film. We have brought a lot of danish dvd,s and have enjoyed everyone of them

2.0 out of 5 stars False Trail, 11 Jan 2014
A. Rumbelow "Love music & books" (Bristol Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: False Trail [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I love the nordic movies, after seeing the previous dvd 'The Hunters'I then purchased the False Trail with Rolf Lassgard a wonderful actor.I didn't watch the movie until last week and was very disappointed that the dvd kept stopping almost freezing, at first I thought it might have been a problem with our blue ray player however when I tried other dvd's I had no problem I now wish that I had looked at the movie earlier as then I would have returned it and asked for a replacement , but hey! never had a bad dvd before.
I would reccommend the film it's extremely good.

1.0 out of 5 stars My heart is broken, 29 May 2013
D. Hake "Delia Hake" (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: False Trail [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely love Swedish tv and cinama and absolutely adore the Killing (Danish) and absolutely adored the Bridge and all the Wallander episodes and I like Rolf Lassgard very much, but this is False Trail 2 and I also saw False Trail 1 and they are NOTHING like Wallander or any of the movies and tv programmes mentioned above. Clearly there must be a market for it, but the plots are very simplistic, and the behaviour of the people extremely over the top. Why would anyone want to see it when we have had such fabulous films as Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

1.0 out of 5 stars False trail., 2 April 2013
This review is from: False Trail [DVD] (DVD)
Oh dear, false trail was apt, because it was spoken in Norwegian. There was no indiction of this when I ordered it, so I was very disappointed with the movie.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

False Trail [Blu-ray]
False Trail [Blu-ray] by Kjell Sundvall (Blu-ray - 2013)