5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
For a microwave that costs around £100, I really can't fault it when comparing with equivalents that cost significantly more. This microwave is a combination of microwave, convection-oven and grill, with all standard features. It has an excellent capacity and is yet relatively compact.

Reading other reviews, one of the main criticisms is the lack of push-button...
Published 19 months ago by Andy

2.0 out of 5 stars works for a year and a week
Published 15 months ago by maxi

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 11 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Russell Hobbs RHM2561BCG 25 litre Black Digital Microwave Convection Oven With Grill (Kitchen & Home)

Reading other reviews, one of the main criticisms is the lack of push-button functionality when using the various combinations to cook. I can relate to this to a some degree having previously used a combination microwave where one push of a button and the required combinations are set automatically. It seems from the reviews that there is somewhat of a learning curve required if this microwave is to be used for more advanced cooking involving the use of the various combinations. However I don't use this microwave for anything more than basic cooking so for me it is perfect.

Another minor criticism in the reviews is the ease with which the glossy/mirrored door finish can show grease marks and prints. This is true; but as the door has a handle there is only ever minimal and accidental contact with the door surface, so it remains clean for the most part. The upside is that the gloss door surface is very easy to clean and looks stunning when clean. The push-button control panel is also fully covered so is easy to keep clean with just a wipe.

I do have my own (minor) criticisms, the first one being that the door handle blocks the view of the display unless you are in front or to the right of the unit. This is most frustrating when I glance over to see the time. My other criticism is that the dark tinted door and and protection screen make viewing inside the microwave not as easy or as clear as I would like. I did however notice a nice energy saving feature where the light will automatically turn off if the door is left open for too long.

In summary; this microwave will grill, roast or microwave your food as good as any I have used, and for the price it would be difficult to find better value.

2.0 out of 5 stars works for a year and a week, 17 Jan. 2014
Delivered on time and worked ok for a year and one week then the convection oven ceased to work at which point we find out that Russell Hobbs only guarantee their microwaves for one year whereas their other products have up to 3 year guarantees. I think that shows how much confidence they have in their own product. My pevious oven worked for over 5 years and gave brilliant value for money - although it is slightly more expensive I shall go back to them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased. Stylish mirror door. Easy to clean. Grill is slow., 6 Feb. 2015
Robert Walker (Inverness, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Our previous Combination Microwave was a Panasonic Inverter NN A725M which eventually died on us after many years outstanding faultless service. We originally looked at a modern Panasonic equivalent but were concerned after reading some of the reviews so, after much heart searching; we decided to try the Russell Hobbs RHM2561BCG. We are very pleased with it. To describe the Microwave as ‘black’ is quite misleading because it has a very stylish full-size polished mirror door. The interior is shining stainless steel and easy to keep clean. The User’s Guide is not well written, the first 16 pages being technical blurb and not that helpful. Traditional convection cooking and microwave cooking gives good results, but the grill is a similar element to the convection element and is slow, certainly not as good as a quartz grill. Cheese on toast can take ten minutes. We have not as yet got fully to grips with combination cooking (Microwave/Convection; Microwave/Grill; Convection/Grill; Microwave/Grill/Convection) and the User Guide is of little use regarding which is appropriate for what. At the moment it is trial and error. I think we need a Combination Microwave Cookbook. There have been a few queries about the timer ˄˅ arrow buttons. You don't need to keep pressing the timer button, just press and hold. As you press/hold the time increases by 5 seconds for the first minute, by 10 seconds up to 5 minutes, by 30 seconds up to 10 minutes and by 1 minute thereafter. In addition, the Microwave has a handy “Quick Start” button, which gives you 30 seconds of 900W power for every press (e.g. two presses for one minute).

5.0 out of 5 stars Is this as good as a Panasonic, 8 Jan. 2015
Mr. R. Acourt (Northampton, Northants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This item was purchased to replace a 12 year old Panasonic - We would have stuck with Panasonic but we could not find an affordable black one, when I say affordable we wanted a 25 litre microwave for under £120.00 in black.

Is this as good as a Panasonic, only time will tell, if it lasts 12 years I will be happy so my review is based on the few months that we have owned this and as an ex Panasonic owner...

LOOKS - This items looks very stylish sat on the side, we have a white gloss kitchen with black utensils, black splash back and dark kitchen work tops. I did fear it would look more gun metal than black but that is the reflection and mirror effect of the door in the image. If you require a purchase based on looks this is great value for money, you could easily think it was nearly double the price,

USE - It is easy to operate, the instructions are simple enough and there are a selection of quick use buttons, one press and you have it cooking on high power for 30 seconds two presses of a button and it is on for a minute. It is easy to clean and the build quality looks pretty impressive too. I have seen Microwaves half the quality of this yet costing more, in all this is an easy 5 star microwave for the money you pay.

YES there might be better Panasonic ones out there but expect to pay double, my only negative would be the colour of the led display, red doesn't do it for me but then is that because I am used to blue led displays.

3.0 out of 5 stars No flexibility with Combination function., 23 Feb. 2015
I bought this after reading the predominantly excellent reviews. For the most part I agree with them but I am very disappointed to find out that when using the combination feature (Microwave and Convection at the same time) then there is no flexibility in adjusting the microwave settings. It will only cook at 100%, effectively meaning that there is no chance for the convection feature to take effect and crisp or brown effectively. All the more annoying as i'd spent money on Convection recipe books that used exactly this feature...

That being said if combination cooking isn't your thing then the rest of the machine is very good. The Door, as mentioned by many others, looks great out of the box but quickly becomes grubby and it's only really possible to see inside the microwave properly when cooking in the dark…!!

All in all I'd think twice about purchasing this particular item if I had the chance again. As the old adage goes, you get what you pay for...

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bit of kit!, 28 Jan. 2015
After debating long and hard over which combination microwave to buy, I chose this one based on the reviews and its looks. Using my Prime membership, the microwave was delivered next day with DPD and unpacking was nice and easy. The instruction manual is a good base for how to use the microwave and as long as the instructions are followed, it is easy to use the grill and convection settings also. I would recommend the purchase of a good book for timings and settings of how to cook different foods in it as there is nothing like that included within the manual and it will take a bit of getting used to as to how long something should be cooked for.

The microwave inside is stainless steel so nice and easy to keep clean and the turntable will comfortably take large Denby plates with room to spare (bonus!). I have found the exterior easy to keep clean so far with a wipe down of the front with a soft cloth every 3-4 days to keep it looking nice and shiny. The cooking features work really well and the convection oven cooks food nice and quickly saving the energy of a large oven when only a small quantity of food is needing to be cooked. Highly recommended!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Works well in general. Just I had a problem ..., 5 Nov. 2014
Works well in general. Just I had a problem after 2 months. Turntable stopped turning. Turntable motor dropped out due to loose screw. You pay for quality but you don't expect loose screws and all the hassle of getting it fixed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value. Easy to use and the microwave and ..., 27 Sept. 2014
Mr. Michael James "Boris James" (Derbys, UK) - See all my reviews
Brilliant value. Easy to use and the microwave and convection oven functions work really well. It has conventional heating elements for the convection and grill functions rather than halogen or similar and I can see no point in spending more unless you need fancy cooking programmes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be easier to operate, 23 Feb. 2015
The actual cooking, grilling and microwaving work very well. The internal capacity is very good. The problems with it concern the controls. They give every appearance of having been designed by an engineer rather than by someone expert in the interface between machines and people. The display for clock/timer is obscured by the door handle from the left hand side of the machine. The writing on the control buttons is very small and difficult to read, especially in a low light. The buttons need to be pushed quite hard to register and the machine is so light that it moves when the buttons are pushed. The procedure for setting the controls is complicated and sometimes counter-intuitive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this Microwave Convection Oven, 30 Oct. 2014
Very pleased with this Microwave Convection Oven. Not keen on the arrow function, as it seems like I am forever pressing the button, does concern me as to how long it will work. However, I do like the oven cooks much better than my previous one.