4.0 out of 5 stars Fine tool for cutting in awkward places or tough material
Handles nicely, lightweight, easy to hold with the blade in the most effective position.
Vibration is no problem for handling.
It's been in my posession now for a few weeks and I've used it four times, for cutting very hard HPL plates.
The result is very good.
Published 19 months ago by Len den Besten

3.0 out of 5 stars Jack of all trades, master of none?
Published 11 months ago by Dr. R. Jardine

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine tool for cutting in awkward places or tough material, 8 Dec 2012
This review is from: Bosch PMF 190 E Multifunctional Allrounder: Oscillating Multi-Tool with Cutting Discs, Saw Blades and Sander Sheets (DIY & Tools)
Vibration is no problem for handling.
The result is very good.
The only reason I gave it less than 5 stars is the fact that (so far) the speed adjustment feature does not add any value. I only use it on top speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as they say, 22 Aug 2013
PHILIP (EDINBURGH, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Being able to cut wood off neatly even at the bottom of doors is certainly wonderful, it is also excellent as a small sander, though I melted off the edges of the first sanding 'disc' I used, and slightly damaged the underlying plastic tool - the 'teeth' that hold the disc in place had largely disappeared as the result of excessive heat being generated, presumably. I still have not used the other tools purchased at the same time, with the exception of the Saxton version of the diamond sanding tool, which I used to rough off some wood, which was most impressively powerful.

I was disappointed to receive only wood sanding discs in the pack illustrated. As it was a sample pack, I think it should have included the white 'paint sanders'.

3.0 out of 5 stars Jack of all trades, master of none?, 30 Aug 2013
Dr. R. Jardine (Bath, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to make some awkward cuts in skirting board, which it did well. When I bought it I thought I would use it for sanding and other tasks, but its not a very powerful sander, and the other day I tried to use it to cut off a screw that was poking out of the wall (not my work!) and it just blunted the metal cutting blade. I resorted to my little dremel, that removed the protruding screw in no time. So this is not quite the all rounder I'd hoped it would be, and I really wouldn't recommend relying on this as a substitute for a dedicated sander.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have some sense!, 21 July 2014
Bought one of these some time ago as it was less than 50 in a sale. Excellent product. Quite powerful and you really should use both hands to operate it. There have been a few negative reviews on this item and I can see why they are wrong. Firstly, if you are going to sand a lot then buy a sander; similarly, if you are going to cut a lot buy a saw (jig, circular etc.).

This item is for odd fiddly jobs - small cuts here, wee bit of sanding there. Its not a workstation that you pay 700 for. It is an accessory tool just as a Dremel is. What one fella was doing trying to cut off screw heads with a metal blade - God only knows.
As other posts have said - good for cutting skirting board, cutting out hole for socket back box, underneath door posts when putting in wooden floor, things like that. Dont expect it to do everything - and above all have a bit of sense and use big tools for big jobs as previously stated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile tool, 6 Jun 2013
I have used this for cutting door surround that I was enlarging. I needed a cutting tool to cut flush and go through nails. This did the job easily and without any problems. I would recomend this tool to anyone and will be using it often. Also used it to cut channel in wood to create groove when router packed up.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing tool, 2 Jun 2013
I bought this machine to remove grout between tiles so damaged ones could be replaced. It is the perfect tool for this job using the genuine Bosch tungsten carbide blade (the non-Bosch version is not so good and does not live up to its claim for lsting twice as long). The dust produced doesn't fly around everywhere as it would with a rotating machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars DIY must, 6 Jun 2013
This product is fantastic, I purchased it for my wife as she is a keen diy'er.
She has not stopped using it and jobs are done quickly, especially awkward ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 July 2014
N. Elliott "Linux 4 me" (Isle of Bute - Scotland) - See all my reviews
This was a replacement for one which, although it had been excellent, died on me after 10 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014