5.0 out of 5 stars Great for overall strength
Published on 17 Sept. 2012 by J. D. White

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Workout
It is a good workout but I don't like the amount of time you spend on the floor crouched down doing various different positions, it hurts my wrists after a while! More routines done standing up would be preferable in my opinion. That aside, it is quite fun to do and you do feel your whole body being stretched so it is good to improve flexibility.
Published 16 months ago by Disenchanted

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for overall strength, 17 Sept. 2012
J. D. White "Jdawg" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ballet Fitness With Nicky Mcginty [DVD] (DVD)
I remember, during the Olympics, a male british swimmer said how he did Ballet to help improve his core strength and stability. So I gave this DVD a try and its incredible! With different sections focusing on different parts of the body, you get a great full body workout. Seriously guys, give it a try. Great for flexibility too and way more fun than yoga. You don't need to put on tutus or sequins

5.0 out of 5 stars Male, rubbish dancer., 14 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Ballet Fitness With Nicky Mcginty [DVD] (DVD)
I am a man and a rubbish dancer my girlfriend uses this DVD and I gave it a go 1 eve when she was out. I'm now hooked!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Workout, 21 Jan. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good workout, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Ballet Fitness With Nicky Mcginty [DVD] (DVD)
Good dvd. Elegant moves. Modern music rather than the classical ballet music I had hoped for. Tiring and some of the exercises need working up to. Could be dangerous otherwise.

5.0 out of 5 stars COMPLETE BEGINNER REVIEW- FAT AND UNFIT, 15 Jan. 2013
vanitykim (Birmingham,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ballet Fitness With Nicky Mcginty [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this because there is a dancer in all of us and despite being overweight and unfit always loved the elegance in ballet - tried New York City Ballet but too much for this fifty-something gal !
Firstly , She doesn't mess around with overlong introduction but gets going in a gentle , friendly way - this is not to say this is easy - I sweated without the usual jumping around found in other excersize dvds - There are moments of 'oh god' and 'thats never going to happen ' for me at mo ( just started it this week) but somehow I don't feel such an idiot as I have with other DVDs- The time seems to go really quickly ( its 1 hour long- but you can Play All or just sections you want to)
Only apparatus needed ?Yoga Mat ( tho not compulsory) and DEF high backed chair/sofa etc to act as Barre for just one section
Nicky is calm, friendly and lovely - it feels great when doing it/having done it - I shall keep doing it!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Workout, 17 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Ballet Fitness With Nicky Mcginty [DVD] (DVD)
A fabulous workout with a difference and so enjoyable. Nicky is brilliant and explains everything really well making it easy to follow. I loved it - highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Pleased, 20 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Ballet Fitness With Nicky Mcginty [DVD] (DVD)
I have been working out with Suzanne Bowen on Belly Blitz for months and months and have now found another workout that offers that excites, challenges me and works! Probably the best Ballet Fitness on the market and you dont need to have done ballet either.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good hard exercise, 26 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Ballet Fitness With Nicky Mcginty [DVD] (DVD)
This is a very good for toning up albeit I found some of the exercises quite difficult it gives you something to aim for. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to build up core strength.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Basic Work Out, 8 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Ballet Fitness With Nicky Mcginty [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this to enhance my extreme lack of fitness as I had just started ballet classes and couldn't stretch to save my life !
All exercise are clear and simple - very pilates focused. Only a small amount of barre work which she does with a chair (i used my mantlepiece)
Managed to get to 40mins on first try but i felt it. She goes through everything quite fast and the 60 mins does go quickly.
Deffo feel the burn the next day !! the tummy work is great

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, respect for ballet dancers., 5 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Ballet Fitness With Nicky Mcginty [DVD] (DVD)
A very enjoyable workout. I am quite fit but not very flexible, so these exercises are a challenge. I had to pause the dvd once or twice to check I had the correct technique. A mirror on the wall would help, so you know you are doing the right movement, if you want to be really precise, although it's pitched at a level where non dancers like me can easily have a go. Nice calm voiceover and beautiful indoor barn setting.

Ballet Fitness With Nicky Mcginty [DVD]
Ballet Fitness With Nicky Mcginty [DVD] by Matt Wright (DVD - 2012)