5.0 out of 5 stars The ULTIMATE Protection for the Samsung S-III
In my meager opinion the Ultimate "Ultra Sexy Protection For Your Samsung S-III" has to be the "Otterbox Commuter case"...
I have tried several cases over the past several months and the Otterbox range of protection, has got something for each and every owner of a Samsung Galaxy S-III.

If your are very serious about protecting your Phone under 'all...
Published 23 months ago by David Glasgow

2.0 out of 5 stars Front is still vulnerable
I recently bought the Blackberry Torch. A perfect world would allow you to have two sim cards for the same number. My work environment is such that things get knocked about a bit, so ideally I could have a basic phone that would cost a fraction of the Torch that could be disposed of if damaged, and the Torch used outside of work or in the Office.

Anyhow, the...
Published on 10 Mar 2011 by W Burnett

5.0 out of 5 stars The ULTIMATE Protection for the Samsung S-III, 30 Nov 2012
David Glasgow "Wego" (Co.Tyrone, United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

If your are very serious about protecting your Phone under 'all circumstances', and you do NOT mind a bit of extra bulkiness, Otterbox Defender Series is definitely for you. However its really quite expensive for a case.
However considering the fact you wish to protect your beautiful, sexy £500 quid investment, the cost of the "otterbox defender series" the price is really of irrelevance, because its not really all that expensive if you want the absolute very best there is, on the planet, that actually looks good.

However I chose the 'Otterbox Commuter series' because its NOT as Bulky, and provides adequate protection from all angles, the only difference between Commuter and Defender; the Defender gives 360 degrees protection, meaning it covers the whole of the front panel, and screen with a specially made thin layer of plastic, that doesn't need changing, once its on your phone.

Personally regardless of price I prefer the 'Otterbox Commuter Case' because it blends into to the shape of the phone very well, while providing decent protection from dropping on tarmac, concrete, or just a hard tiled floor. Its the perfect protection case for me that also looks very trendy indeed.

It comes in two sections, the 1st one, is soft rubber to absorb shock from a drop from any reasonable height, and the 2nd is the tough case, that surrounds the soft rubber, to make it one item. Its really been very cleverly thought out by the team of engineers at Otterbox. Its a great price too, I( may add for the Black version which I think looks nicest with the -:(white Samsung S-III Smart-phone).

For Amazons Price that ATM cannot be beaten elsewhere, I would recommend this case to any person, young or old. I find twelve pounds very reasonable indeed, for this superb case.

Mine is the -: Black Otterbox Commuter Case S3. It took me no more than 5-10mins putting it on very carefully, please don't try to rush it, or you will have to take it all off again, which you don't want, it goes on right the first time if you follow the instruction's diagram. You will be delighted, I found it gave my Phone a Brand *New lease of life*. Now that I'm NOT worried about taking it out of my bag in public for long periods. People are always paying the phone compliments, which is great feedback.

Thanks for taking a Mo to read.. I hope my review has proved useful, its not a lot of money, and I think its a decent Amazon UK Bargain. Cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashing, 30 Jan 2010
I am a gas man and my phone does take a bashing. This is gucci kit. Protects well without being bulky. It also doesn't look out of place when I'm out - scrubbed-up and generally being the all-round original lounge lizard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly The Perfect Compromise, 20 Dec 2009
Amazon Customer (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Any case has to be a compromise between protection and phone functionality, you do need to see the screen and press the buttons. I think OtterBox have got it right. The fit is perfect, and it's worth mentioning that the outer keyboard lock, standby, and camera buttons remain functional.

The flexible silicon component of the case is far less tacky than others I have tried, so it does not gather so much pocket lint.

The hard shell prevents the silicon from being pulled off as you pull the phone from your pocket, something that happens far too easily with the Blackberry skin.

It actually looks very good on the phone, as if it were part of it rather than an accessory.

Grip is hugely enhanced, a bare 9700 is very easy to let slip from your grasp, without in any way obstructing use.

Protection cannot be assessed without the type of experiment I am not prepared to do, but I do feel more comfortable that if my Berry hits the deck it will probably survive. Update: Six months on, my Berry has hit the deck many times, no damage, it's working fine.

Overall a very good product, if on the pricey side. I am certain that if you buy this you will be pleased with it, hence my five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect case for a Blackberry, 10 Mar 2010
Having seen many other cases on various websites and stores I stumbled upon this one for the Bold 2. I have previously owned an Otter Box case for a HP Jornada many years ago and knew they were solid items.

Superfast delivery from FoneM8store.

Screen protector is the best I have seen for any phone/PDA.
The soft gel case then fits snug and is then strapped in with the hard shell plastic case which provides the protection.
All the phone buttons/functions are still easy and no extra weight is added to the phone.

I would have no hesitation recommending this case for the bold 2 or any otter box case (even for the iPhone) as they offer the best protection. It is a tough call between this and the Otterbox Defender (OtterBox Bold Defender Casefor BlackBerry 9700 - Black) case but if you don't need a belt clip (and extra weight) then this is perfect.

This is worth the few extra pounds to stop your phone getting damaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality, does exactly what you want, 30 Aug 2012
A. Rutherford (England) - See all my reviews
I tried a number of different cases for the S3 before settling on this one. It's superb.

If you want a case that protects the phone, but leaves the screen open, then I can't recommend this enough. It all works exactly how you would want it to, and is of excellent quality (unlike the others I tried, or similar price).

I'm going to comment on negatives people have mentioned elsewhere:

- The buttons are hard to press: I found the (bare) S3 hard to operate with my man-hands. It was like trying to use a wet bar of soap, with buttons I kept accidentally pressing (I use the phone two-handed frequently, for the larger keyboard). This case makes the volume and power buttons require a much firmer press. They still work perfectly, but now there are no mistaken presses. To me, this is a positive.

- The screen protector is too small, and gets in the way: I simply have not installed the (stick-on style) screen protector. The case has a chunky rubber edge that protrudes all round the front of the screen, meaning that the screen is well protected when face down. As it lives in a pocket (with no keys/coins etc), and it's Gorilla Glass 2, I personally see no need to use the protector anyway.

- It makes the phone too large: The phone is already large, but very slim. As such, I found it relatively fiddly to use, particularly with the slick surface. Wet bar of soap analogy again. This case makes the phone a little larger, but much easier to use for me. It sits nicely in the hand, and is nice and grippy. It also adds a bit of weight, that to me, feels nicer than the lightweight plain S3. For me, all of this is a positive. I'll upload a pic if I can.

- It's really hard to get on and off: Yeah, it is. It is designed to go on once, and be forgotten about. It does that absolutely brilliantly; to someone who didn't know, they might thing it was a built-in part of the phone. This is a positive.

- The rubber flaps can be fiddly: the flaps cover the charge and headphone ports. They are part of the rubber, and flip neatly out of the way. They stay put (either open, or closed); I expected to find them annoying - I don't, they work great. The ports don't fill with pocket lint.

All in all, I think this is a superb case if you keep the phone in your pocket, and you perhaps also find the bare phone a little fiddly to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best and only case to have for your Moto G, 10 Feb 2014
As by now millions of moto g`s have been sold due to there amazing performance and build quality ( and value for money ) so anyone looking to really protect there moto g 100% then buy this the Otterbox Commuter Case because :
1 x Fits perfectly around the case and is easy to fit
2 x Gives full protection ( better than any other case for the moto g ) inc front protection due to the 2-3mm front edge around the screen
3 x Feels very premium in the hand and that yes this is going to protect my moto g whatever happens feel to it
4 x Comes with a high quality screen protector included in the pack
5 x the case has headphone and usb covers that protect the ports from dust and water splash etc etc
6 x the power and volume buttons work very well with the case on and again feel premium to the touch/control
7 x The cut outs for the speaker , flash , mic etc etc are perfectly inline
I know there are prob many other cases for the moto g which I have tried but the otterbox commuter is the best one and I for one will not be using any other case as this one really does the job perfectly 100% thumbs up !Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case to defend your phone, 2 Mar 2014
I was really satisfied with this Otterbox case, because it gives a massive protection to my Moto G. My only problem was with the big size of the case but I accepted that because 100% protection = bigger sizes

4.0 out of 5 stars overall good., 27 July 2013
I have brought cases before costing from £5 to £10 and when I have fitted them they are either baggy and loose or the camera is obscured. So I thought I would by a brand which is well known for there cases and although this is a bit pricey it is a very good fit, all the ports and camera holes are correctly lined up. There is a 2 to 3mm raised lip on the front for when you lie your phone down on its screen so there is good clearance. You also get a screen protector and cleaning cloth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 23 May 2013
The two parts of the cover blend in to each other, and to the HTC One Black, so so amazingly. One of the layers is rubbery like which provides cushion to the phone, and the other is a rock-hard material. Once you put the phone in, they fit very tightly and securely. The phone still looks very stylish, and to my judgement, it is not bulky at all. The screen protector is also great. All in all, it looks great, with a beautiful design, while providing maximum protection of your hardware. I am so glad with my choice. Please, fit the two parts one at a time, I believe its easier that way.

5.0 out of 5 stars A best buy, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: OtterBox Commuter Series Two-Layer Protection Case Cover with Screen Protector for iPhone 5/5S - Black (Accessory)
Excellent product, 'does what it says on the tin', well made,strong and not to bulky at all.It gets my vote.