5.0 out of 5 stars Smashing
I am a gas man and my phone does take a bashing. This is gucci kit. Protects well without being bulky. It also doesn't look out of place when I'm out - scrubbed-up and generally being the all-round original lounge lizard.
Published on 30 Jan 2010 by Both And

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit Case!
I ordered this from Chelsea Store (FULFILLED BY AMAZON)... The product I received was fake. After 2 weeks it started to crack and warp. Upon investigating this using the internet... I realised the back of the plastic panel had MADE IN CHINA. A real otter box will have Made in the USA.....

CHECK IT BEFORE YOU USE IT. It will offer no protection...
Published 9 months ago by Kurisu

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashing, 30 Jan 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly The Perfect Compromise, 20 Dec 2009
Amazon Customer (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Any case has to be a compromise between protection and phone functionality, you do need to see the screen and press the buttons. I think OtterBox have got it right. The fit is perfect, and it's worth mentioning that the outer keyboard lock, standby, and camera buttons remain functional.

The flexible silicon component of the case is far less tacky than others I have tried, so it does not gather so much pocket lint.

The hard shell prevents the silicon from being pulled off as you pull the phone from your pocket, something that happens far too easily with the Blackberry skin.

It actually looks very good on the phone, as if it were part of it rather than an accessory.

Grip is hugely enhanced, a bare 9700 is very easy to let slip from your grasp, without in any way obstructing use.

Protection cannot be assessed without the type of experiment I am not prepared to do, but I do feel more comfortable that if my Berry hits the deck it will probably survive. Update: Six months on, my Berry has hit the deck many times, no damage, it's working fine.

Overall a very good product, if on the pricey side. I am certain that if you buy this you will be pleased with it, hence my five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars The ULTIMATE Protection for the Samsung S-III, 30 Nov 2012
David Glasgow (Co.Tyrone, United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
In my meager opinion the Ultimate "Ultra Sexy Protection For Your Samsung S-III" has to be the "Otterbox Commuter case"...
I have tried several cases over the past several months and the Otterbox range of protection, has got something for each and every owner of a Samsung Galaxy S-III.

If your are very serious about protecting your Phone under 'all circumstances', and you do NOT mind a bit of extra bulkiness, Otterbox Defender Series is definitely for you. However its really quite expensive for a case.
However considering the fact you wish to protect your beautiful, sexy 500 quid investment, the cost of the "otterbox defender series" the price is really of irrelevance, because its not really all that expensive if you want the absolute very best there is, on the planet, that actually looks good.

However I chose the 'Otterbox Commuter series' because its NOT as Bulky, and provides adequate protection from all angles, the only difference between Commuter and Defender; the Defender gives 360 degrees protection, meaning it covers the whole of the front panel, and screen with a specially made thin layer of plastic, that doesn't need changing, once its on your phone.

Personally regardless of price I prefer the 'Otterbox Commuter Case' because it blends into to the shape of the phone very well, while providing decent protection from dropping on tarmac, concrete, or just a hard tiled floor. Its the perfect protection case for me that also looks very trendy indeed.

It comes in two sections, the 1st one, is soft rubber to absorb shock from a drop from any reasonable height, and the 2nd is the tough case, that surrounds the soft rubber, to make it one item. Its really been very cleverly thought out by the team of engineers at Otterbox. Its a great price too, I( may add for the Black version which I think looks nicest with the -:(white Samsung S-III Smart-phone).

For Amazons Price that ATM cannot be beaten elsewhere, I would recommend this case to any person, young or old. I find twelve pounds very reasonable indeed, for this superb case.

Mine is the -: Black Otterbox Commuter Case S3. It took me no more than 5-10mins putting it on very carefully, please don't try to rush it, or you will have to take it all off again, which you don't want, it goes on right the first time if you follow the instruction's diagram. You will be delighted, I found it gave my Phone a Brand *New lease of life*. Now that I'm NOT worried about taking it out of my bag in public for long periods. People are always paying the phone compliments, which is great feedback.

Thanks for taking a Mo to read.. I hope my review has proved useful, its not a lot of money, and I think its a decent Amazon UK Bargain. Cheers!

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit Case!, 15 Oct 2013

CHECK IT BEFORE YOU USE IT. It will offer no protection.

Amazon have since offered me a refund and are currently investigating the counterfeit product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality, does exactly what you want, 30 Aug 2012
A. Rutherford (England) - See all my reviews
I tried a number of different cases for the S3 before settling on this one. It's superb.

If you want a case that protects the phone, but leaves the screen open, then I can't recommend this enough. It all works exactly how you would want it to, and is of excellent quality (unlike the others I tried, or similar price).

I'm going to comment on negatives people have mentioned elsewhere:

- The buttons are hard to press: I found the (bare) S3 hard to operate with my man-hands. It was like trying to use a wet bar of soap, with buttons I kept accidentally pressing (I use the phone two-handed frequently, for the larger keyboard). This case makes the volume and power buttons require a much firmer press. They still work perfectly, but now there are no mistaken presses. To me, this is a positive.

- The screen protector is too small, and gets in the way: I simply have not installed the (stick-on style) screen protector. The case has a chunky rubber edge that protrudes all round the front of the screen, meaning that the screen is well protected when face down. As it lives in a pocket (with no keys/coins etc), and it's Gorilla Glass 2, I personally see no need to use the protector anyway.

- It makes the phone too large: The phone is already large, but very slim. As such, I found it relatively fiddly to use, particularly with the slick surface. Wet bar of soap analogy again. This case makes the phone a little larger, but much easier to use for me. It sits nicely in the hand, and is nice and grippy. It also adds a bit of weight, that to me, feels nicer than the lightweight plain S3. For me, all of this is a positive. I'll upload a pic if I can.

- It's really hard to get on and off: Yeah, it is. It is designed to go on once, and be forgotten about. It does that absolutely brilliantly; to someone who didn't know, they might thing it was a built-in part of the phone. This is a positive.

- The rubber flaps can be fiddly: the flaps cover the charge and headphone ports. They are part of the rubber, and flip neatly out of the way. They stay put (either open, or closed); I expected to find them annoying - I don't, they work great. The ports don't fill with pocket lint.

All in all, I think this is a superb case if you keep the phone in your pocket, and you perhaps also find the bare phone a little fiddly to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars overall good., 27 July 2013
I have brought cases before costing from 5 to 10 and when I have fitted them they are either baggy and loose or the camera is obscured. So I thought I would by a brand which is well known for there cases and although this is a bit pricey it is a very good fit, all the ports and camera holes are correctly lined up. There is a 2 to 3mm raised lip on the front for when you lie your phone down on its screen so there is good clearance. You also get a screen protector and cleaning cloth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 23 May 2013
The two parts of the cover blend in to each other, and to the HTC One Black, so so amazingly. One of the layers is rubbery like which provides cushion to the phone, and the other is a rock-hard material. Once you put the phone in, they fit very tightly and securely. The phone still looks very stylish, and to my judgement, it is not bulky at all. The screen protector is also great. All in all, it looks great, with a beautiful design, while providing maximum protection of your hardware. I am so glad with my choice. Please, fit the two parts one at a time, I believe its easier that way.

5.0 out of 5 stars A best buy, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: OtterBox Commuter Series Two-Layer Protection Case Cover with Screen Protector for iPhone 5/5S - Black (Accessory)
Excellent product, 'does what it says on the tin', well made,strong and not to bulky at all.It gets my vote.

5.0 out of 5 stars if you don't want a crack screen- GET THIS CASE!, 4 Feb 2012
I looked at loads of reviews for iPhone 4s cases before getting this. The defender case looked far too bulky, so the commuter was much more appropriate. Obviously the phone looks a little more bulky with this case on, but the apple logo cut out gives the case a nice touch, and it looks quite expensive.
I was a little apprehensive as to whether this case would actually protect my phone. The reason I'm writing this review is because my iPhone just slid off the kitchen counter (2/3 foot high)!
My heart skipped a little but when the phone landed it just bounced and then landed on its back!
All I can say is thank god I had this case on! Saved myself money on repairing the screen
I recommend this case to anyone :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great !!!, 27 Mar 2011
+ excellent armored housing
+ good quality
- phone in the case is quite thick
- housing is limiting somewhat the use of the touch screen (corners; there is no flat surface)
+ perfect for sports: skiing, cycling etc.
+ you do not have to worry about the phone:)