5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price
Published on 16 Dec. 2012 by CaptainSensible

1.0 out of 5 stars Great for Listening, Terrible for Talking
If you spend your life on conference calls without saying anything then this is the headset for you: long battery life, comfortable, and clear audio.
However, most phone calls involve two-way communication, and this is where the M55 fails: The sound quality for the person you're speaking to is terrible; you will sound distant and with masses of echo.
I've had to...
Published 22 months ago by London Calling

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, 16 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Plantronics M55 Bluetooth Headset (Accessory)
I bought this headset mainly for voice calls, but also to listen to audio books and possibly some music if it was good enough. The headset comes with a soft gel ear bud contraption that fits inside your ear. I had never tried one of these before and was a little skeptical. However it fits my ear very snuggly and the headset doesn't ever fall out. A more traditional over-the-ear clip-on loop is also include as an option - I tried this but it wasn't as good as the in-the-ear bud. Any audio is clearly heard in the earpiece, and the biggest surprise is just how good it is when playing music. It picks up your voice very clearly too.

Good:
Very small and light
Fits snuggly inside the ear and doesn't fall out
Microphone points towards your mouth and does a good job of picking up your voice
Audible warnings let you know when the headset is connected to your phones/PCs
Proper sliding on/off switch
Decent battery life
In-ear design means you can wear it comfortably with spectacles
Micro-USB charging port, same as most modern mobile phones
Surprisingly good quality when listening to music too
Direct range about 10m between my headset and my Samsung Galaxy S2
Simultaneously connects to my phone and my Windows 7 laptop

Bad:
I can't get it to answer a call by speaking 'answer', haven't figured that out yet, although I'd rather just tap the headset to answer.

Conclusion:
Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the price, 12 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Plantronics M55 Bluetooth Headset (Accessory)
Function well, as expected. Great quality for the price.
Just fits in the ear - it's very comfortable and doesn't drop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Headset ... Recommend to everyone, 18 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Plantronics M55 Bluetooth Headset (Accessory)
This is my first blue tooth headset. After I opened it I liked its appearance and when I wear it I just loved it.
It is an awesome headset.

Pros:
1> Very light weight. I can wear it full day without feeling anything. Sometimes I need to feel to ensure it is not fallen off.
2> Really hands free. No need to tap the headset to take the call. Just say ANSWER / IGNORE.
3> Noise cancelling is excellent at Outdoor.
4> Battery life is very good.

Cons:
1> In Indoor when you talk people at other side hear it as if you are talking from enclosed room. This is because of the noise cancelling technology. At outdoor no complain. I really didn't mind if it has little flaw when you use Indoor.

I will recommend to my friend and family this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and Easy, 2 Jan. 2014
Fantastic product.
Tells talk time left and direct answer og ignore mode
Fine sound and clear talk
Go for it

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing headset for your smartphone/mobile, 10 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Plantronics M55 Bluetooth Headset (Accessory)
I'd like to recommend this headset to anyone who wants a sleek, efficent and up-to-date headset to use while traveling using any form of transportation. I Have used a few headsets, albeit cheaper and of a lesser brand than this plantronics device and none come close to how good this little kit is. Its perfect to use either to talk to someone hands free or as a media earpiece for listening to music, audio books etc AAA+++

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headset, with just a bit more than the basics and excellant battery life, 15 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Plantronics M55 Bluetooth Headset (Accessory)
This headset is the best headset I've ever used. It's light enough to wear all day, the battery last longer than the phone and easily lasts several days. The sound is clear, as long as you don't have it on max. The voice answering works a treat.

It's easy to wear and use. The only problem I have is I keep leaving my phone on the table and walking away, to be told by a woman in my ear that she's lost connection when I get to the other side of the house. To use the headset you do have to be in range. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Headset, 6 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Plantronics M55 Bluetooth Headset (Accessory)
This affordable headset is so much better than my old one.
I love the fact that it tells you how much battery life is remaining when switched on and that it has a physical on-off switch.
Its very clear and loud enough for me.
Having relatively small ears I find it works better for me with both the rubber in-ear piece and the over ear loop both attached.
Very comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
Easily paired with my note-3 phone and battery seems to go on for ever.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds very good, however it's no a tight fit, 22 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Plantronics M55 Bluetooth Headset (Accessory)
Works wirelessly with IPhone 4S using IOS 6.01 software which means you can listen to Internet radio etc. it's light, sound quality excellent my only grumble is that it feels loose in-ear. By that I mean if you push I slightly the sound improves further with better bass response, but then it slackens off again when you let go. It doesn't fall to though in fairness, as the gel cover has a piece which fits inside your ear, anchoring it effectively. It just "feels" loose if that makes sense!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, excellent seler, 2 Dec. 2012
A. Chapman (Rutland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plantronics M55 Bluetooth Headset (Accessory)
First off, I was well impressed with the speed of delivery. The promised delivery timescale was 3-5 working days - it arrived one day later!

With regards to the headset, it is excellent and has exceeded all my expectations. The M55 comes with the headset (and it's small (only about 3cm - 1.5 inches - long and lightweight (I forgot I had it on), brief but easy to follow instructions, a USB cable to mini USB connector and a USB in-car charger.

I've only ever used the 'round ear' bluetooth headsets in the past (my most recent one as a Bluetrek G2+ which I was really impressed with and would have bought another if they were still in production!). So the search for a new one began ... For my replacement, I was just about to buy the Plantronics M25, when I noticed an 'ad' saying this was the more recent version so I just had to get it.

While the M55 comes with a round ear attachment, I've not used it so far as it holds in my ear far better - in fact, I shook my head (up, down, side to side) and it didn't even budge in the slightest. So I don't entirely agree with other reviews that it's not a tight fit, but we don't all have the same ears!!

The headset was paired with my phone in 10s or so - very easy and it paired to my second phone in a similar time frame (yes two phones at the same time). The call quality was really brilliant. You can accept or ignore calls by simply saying 'Answer' or 'Ignore', the two phone pairing works a treat and with my phone (Sony Xperia miro) you can also listen to music on the phone via the headset.

Would I recommend it? Wouldn't hesitate to! It's absolutely a real gem!

The only downside is that there is no case/pouch to protect it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bluetooth Headset, 20 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Plantronics M55 Bluetooth Headset (Accessory)
Very light, great battery that lasts forever....and the speech quality is the best I ever had using a headset. So in general, I recommend it without a second thought.

Plantronics M55 Bluetooth Headset