on 28 October 2014
Restrained and elegant in appearance it keeps excellent time and comes very safely packaged. Having a 24 hour dial instead of the date is slightly quirky but who wants to be boring?
It appears the company which owns this brand is based in Essen Germany. Strange they do not advertise this bearing in mind German watches are legendary. I wonder if the steel cases are made in Essen. It would make sense.
A general comment on 24 hour dials. Why do they all have 24 at the top? The hour hand is then pointing straight up when the sun is beneath your feet at midnight while at midday it points down. Surely the hour hand should follow the apparent trajectory of the sun.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 January 2014
This is a very nice watch. It's my third Detomaso and I'm really pleased with my purchase. It's quality, elegance and beauty for a good price. I've a few automatics and this keeps up accuracy wise. Only one thing lets it down, the length of the strap. It's a good quality strap but it ain't long enough, luckily I always have a few spare straps available. At the normal price this is a good buy, if you get this at a reduced price then snap it up.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse