5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 1 July 2013
I read this quickly as it has some interesting ideas - I thought it might be a bit weird and I suppose some of the suggestions are quite unusual but do nevertheless make sense when you read the explanations in the book. The main thrust is that most joint problems are caused by infection somewhere in the body, particularly the mouth. This is no doubt a controversial view and some of the author's proposed solutions would also probably be challenged by experts in the field. But it is ever thus with medical and nutritional issues. In my view, as long as what is proposed is not harmful and would enhance health generally, then it's worth a try. The author proposes a 7-point battle plan:-

1. Improve oral health - good hygiene and oil pulling (this is the weird part). This involves using oil, particularly coconut oil, as a mouthwash for around 20 minutes twice a day. The purpose of this is to draw out any deep-seated but not necessarily obvious infections which might be causing or at least contributing towards joint problems. I haven't heard of this before but the arguments, studies etc. are quite plausible. At worst, a waste of time but not harmful and it might work.
2. Fight systemic infection by consuming coconut oil - ditto above
3. Eat a low-carb, whole food diet
4. Take glucosamine sulphate and chondroitin sulphate to rebuild cartilage
5. Exercise as much as possible, particularly rebounding
6. If overweight, lose a few pounds
7. Calm inflammation by taking food or supplements such as turmeric, ginger, cherries, omega-3 fatty acids + plenty of antioxidant nutrients.

If you are troubled by arthritis, I'd recommend reading this book to see if the battle plan appeals to you. I'm going to try it and will update in a few months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 17 Mar. 2013
I was told recently that I had degenerative spinal arthritis. This wonderful book describes what I can do to take control, heal myself and prevent further deterioration. It gives a wealth of information about diet, the importance of nutrition as well as eliminating harmful toxins from the body. This book has given me hope. I have already recommended it to other people.

4.0 out of 5 stars Give this a try., 22 July 2013
This review is from: The New Arthritis Cure: Eliminate Arthritis and Fibromyalgia Pain Permanently (Kindle Edition)
With my arthritis slowly getting worse in my right foot and the doctor saying there was nothing they could do I decided to buy the book and give it a try. Quite a lot of the book explains the connection between arthritis and the infections elsewhere in the body before getting around to the treatment.
I haven't had any miracles but a slow improvement in the pain and swelling in my foot. Also my general health seems to have improved as well. I will keep going at it as I am into the routine now and will see if there is any more improvement.
I also drink the cider vinegar as explained in Margaret Hills book on arthritis cure.
Between the two I should be able get a big improvement hopefully.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well researched and written, 6 Sept. 2013
Read this book in a morning and found it not only enlightening but very entertaining. Both my partner and myself have had recent surgery for joint complaints and we have both been diagnosed as arthritic, however, we are now embarking upon a completely new dietary regime as advised in this book, we will update this review during the coming weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 23 Nov. 2014
enjoyed the book, read the whole thing on arrival and will use it to help my arthritis. Informative and explained very well for non medical people to understand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 19 May 2013
There are a lot of things we don't know about out there. Cures to many things and ailments, although, some of them could be strange and even bizarre. This book talks about cures for some things we would not thing have a cure and the only way is to take tablets to manage the condition and/or pain. Interesting read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Job!, 23 Oct. 2014
Brilliant book! Just wish he could have told us measurements in English. I am sure I am not the only customer from across the pond!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 6 Nov. 2014
Another good book from Bruce Fife; clear, helpful and with advice that works - and is easy enough to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Nov. 2014
have purchase several copies of this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Jan. 2015
Dennis Brown (Hastings, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
It is exactly what I was looking for